Quantcast

ππππππππ Sunday GTM °°°°°°°°

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I felt a little lightheaded and dizzy when I got up this morning but ignored it and went for my MTB ride anyway. 10 miles done and made sure to stay off all the playstuffs. Fun ride.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Air cap fell off my fork somewhere on the trail today. Or I was an idiot and left it in my pocket, after adding a little air in the parking lot, and then it slipped out when I grabbed my phone (most likely, derp).

Anyone have an extra cap for a Rockshox Zeb? Or a 3d printer?
I have a printable cap that threads onto a Schrader valve. But it isn't exactly for a Zeb.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
in the middle of the night coinciding with waking from a dead sleep and your spidey senses telling you a shit is eminent....

no bueno....
See a doctor. Random cramps were my first symptom of a DVT clot. I ignored it. It is non evasive Ultrasound to diagnose.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a msg from another parent this am. His daughter is 6 and racing in kid karts. We had talked yesterday about how there aren't many girls racing, so it's always been a big deal for Haley to have someone to look up to. How before it was Nandini, who's left for college, and now it's Joelle, who is in the class up.

When he messaged me he said that Tilly was talking about watching the "race" yesterday and how cool it is that Haley is as fast as the boys. So I need to let Haley know to boost Tilly before her races and during practices, etc. She's starting to be that girl mentor and she doesn't even know it yet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was supposed to be racing 100 miles. New course layout and temps in the 90's was brutal. I'd done 6100ft of vert after 31 miles. Bailed halfway at an aid station.

Screenshot_20230903_162902_Connect.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
well, that was a shit ton of rain in the last 5 minutes

I hope it helps the sad replanted back yard grow

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was supposed to be racing 100 miles. New course layout and temps in the 90's was brutal. I'd done 6100ft of vert after 31 miles. Bailed halfway at an aid station.

View attachment 199986
Know several people who have done that race many times and all bailed at a similar point. Winner took almost 9 hours where it normally is 7 hours
WTF did they do to the course? Or was it just the heat?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Know several people who have done that race many times and all bailed at a similar point. Winner took almost 9 hours where it normally is 7 hours
WTF did they do to the course? Or was it just the heat?
This was at least my 5th time, never had issues before. They were not allowed to use the county roads after some permit issues last year. Big differences in the first half of the course. So there was a lot of single track instead to make up the mileage.

From the course gpx I was expecting 2450ft of vert by mile 23 and my first planned aid stop. My Garmin said I'd got over 3600ft and I had basically run out of water a few miles before it. Not good in those temps. As my wife and I rolled into that aid station at mile 23 the then leader, Jeremiah Bishop came through it again at his mile 38. He had gone through new massive 2200ft+ climb and it was over 2 hours before we'd be back there.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
36 finishers and only 7 of them under 10 hours. I'd guessed maybe 150 started, race numbering suggests maybe 180ish signed up.