Quantcast

•°× maximum wednesderping GMT ×°•

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello from the future

had some delicious wagyu tonight

also found out shortly after I arrived that, uh, I was supposed to talk this afternoon. not tomorrow as I'd somehow thought

whoops

oh well, doesn't matter ultimately

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'm gonna fully pancake this Wednesday morning.

Ride and some errands on tap for the rest of the day.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and such. I had a good 7 mile run this morning, and now I've got shingles jab #2 to get through at 10:00 and expect to feel like hell in about 8-9 hours if the first jab was any indication.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride night, woo.

Get to recreate a POC today, because after going through the entire setup with different teams, the vendor has come back and said there is a bug in the vm template they sent us. Thanks man.

Coffee'ing it now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in until 0515 which was nice. Got my work van back from the shop. They had to replace the throttle body and while doing that they noticed 3 bulging radiator hoses so that got changed. Lets see how many weeks go by before something else fails.

Espresso and oatmeal to kick start my morning then its off to the Delta

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More painting. Swim for Hannah in a few hours.

Her room ended up bubble gum pink and it's too much for Wifey, but she chose it, so I'm not repainting it. Trim is all that's left in there. Haley's room is prepped. Ceilings, base board caulk, and hopefully both wall coats - I would like to be able to finish tomorrow am.

More talking with shop about Rotax conversion. I need to get a px write-up and then some info about black slide vs. MiniRotax speed, since she was catching- and keeping-up with the MiniRotax kids on Sunday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
at the office in person. I think the toilet water line is connected to hot water. sitting on the bowl, you can feel the heat rising up. I left the bathroom 30 minutes ago and my ass is still sweaty. gross. and a ridiculous waste of energy if that's the case...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
More painting. Swim for Hannah in a few hours.

Her room ended up bubble gum pink and it's too much for Wifey, but she chose it, so I'm not repainting it. Trim is all that's left in there. Haley's room is prepped. Ceilings, base board caulk, and hopefully both wall coats - I would like to be able to finish tomorrow am.

More talking with shop about Rotax conversion. I need to get a px write-up and then some info about black slide vs. MiniRotax speed, since she was catching- and keeping-up with the MiniRotax kids on Sunday.
someone needs a paper route.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ugh...flu and COVID shot yesterday, my recent botched root canal is flaring up, and I have some ligament pain in my 'good' knee.
What's next, bursitis? Clubfoot? :p
I’m due for the flu and Covid shots. Thanks for the reminder.

Clubfoot sounds like you’ve been partying too hard in the wrong shoes.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
at the office in person. I think the toilet water line is connected to hot water. sitting on the bowl, you can feel the heat rising up. I left the bathroom 30 minutes ago and my ass is still sweaty. gross. and a ridiculous waste of energy if that's the case...
bathroom rules

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ugh...flu and COVID shot yesterday, my recent botched root canal is flaring up, and I have some ligament pain in my 'good' knee.
What's next, bursitis? Clubfoot? :p
pour soom bourbon on it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
someone needs a paper route.....
It's not $ since it will keep us from have to buy a $5200 chassis next year when we just got a brand new one this season, I already have someone who will buy the existing motor and spares for 1/3 the price of the new motor, and she's done with K1 in 2mos (ex-Natl championships) which is another 1/3. We're also doing a basement/shed/garage clear-out to close the remaining gap in px. The saved money and sold stuff pays for itself within a year (you gotta have a balance sheet to calc it all out).

And she's busy focusing on school and her "training" (pushups, pullups, and crunches).

It's about getting Mom onboard because of the increased speed. It's negligible, since most of it is on the acceleration vs. top speed, but explaining that is hard to someone who only hears 55 up to* 65mph.

Edit: 55 > (to) 65mph

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It's not $ since it will keep us from have to buy a $5200 chassis next year when we just got a brand new one this season, I already have someone who will buy the existing motor and spares for 1/3 the price of the new motor, and she's done with K1 in 2mos (ex-Natl championships) which is another 1/3. We're also doing a basement/shed/garage clear-out to close the remaining gap in px. The saved money and sold stuff pays for itself within a year (you gotta have a balance sheet to calc it all out).

And she's busy focusing on school and her "training" (pushups, pullups, and crunches).

It's about getting Mom onboard because of the increased speed. It's negligible, since most of it is on the acceleration vs. top speed, but explaining that is hard to someone who only hears 55 > 65mph.
But, but 55 isn't > than 65 mph...