Quantcast

••• sat's up gmt•••

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
So...there is a disappointing lack of milfs to be seen at my kid's swim meet.

Drinking coffee and chilling in the shade for the next 2 hours. Then we'll see what's what.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^
too fucking hot....i'd be in the pool....and i hate the pool.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I slept in until 7 AM and that was glorious. I'm going to take a bike out this afternoon and ride a new to me section of trail that promises to be similar to everything else I ride. The high prairie is awesome that way. :) The state of my legs at noon will determine which bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Working today and tomorrow. 7A-5P so not terrible, but I'm still stuck in a dark room nonetheless.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Where you heading?

DH at Granby Ranch for wife and I today, contemplating Kenosha tomorrow.
Nederland. Where did you ride yesterday?
I was past Kenosha over the holiday weekend. Lots of cars at the trailhead, snowed on me to the north driving over Hoosier Pass.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Folks at work were complaining that it was going to be in the mid 80's this weekend and too hot to do anything (and rainy of course). Fucking whiners. I'll take it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Played the new bass for hours last night. Forgot that I was tired and it was late. Left hand is getting much better. Bass lines I'm playing are still sloppy but getting more complex as my range and dexterity extends. I've been watching the Netflix Daredevil series while I run drills. Not too shitty.

Gonna be hot. Hitting the gym while it's tolerable out. Then, putting hooks in people at the beach.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I was up until almost 2am putting the Turner back together. You know, taking bongshed and beer breaks, so I ended up doing some things twice. Like forgetting to run the rear brake between linkages, before putting the shock in. And ya know, right after forgetting to put the same break through fork's upper clamp area. And I just noticed that one of the head tube spacers logo is upside down. Derp. :D

Only thing holding the build back now is my cassette.....I left my cassette tool at the bike shop yesterday.

Time for lunch, then a 2nd attempt at a poop ( :twitch: ), shower and then FREAKIN BICYCLE RIDING TIME!!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran 8 humid and sweaty miles early this morning. Then I bought a new car, because fuck it.

2016, 2 cyl, 256 hp. Not sure if more of a car or computer.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Kiddo is napping. Momma is shopping. I am eating cherries and cleaning house. Supposed to be 100+ tomorrow. Fuck that noise.

It has been almost 7 months since I augered my arm and I am still not able to get down on the trail bike...

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::nopity:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's ride was a god damn masterpiece of fun.

I ended up losing my balance at a trail intersection, got pointed down an unknown trail and decided to just roll with it; Yolo. Turns out there is a pile of "new" trails in this spot I've been riding for years.

One hiccup during the ride, my chain somehow jumped off the ring and proceeded to royally clusterfuck itself. Cranks were locked solid. Ended up taking the crank off the bike. Thankfully I had my enderpo'ing approved pack on, filled with tools.

FYI, park tool tires levers fit pretty nicely into the shimano end cap thing on the cranks.

Finishing up a post ride beer and bucket of watermelon and then it's time to go home and finish building Turner.

/Story

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Kiddo is napping. Momma is shopping. I am eating cherries and cleaning house. Supposed to be 100+ tomorrow. Fuck that noise.

It has been almost 7 months since I augered my arm and I am still not able to get down on the trail bike...

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::nopity:
On the bright side, can you now wipe with both hands? Among other things..

When can you start hitting the trail again?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

@Nick...did you pass the nederland mining museum? we borrowed their panama canal-diggin' steamshovel bucket a few years ago for a show. guy who oversees it was apparently a baller road biker bitd.

returned from swim meet. first one for 6yo. he is super-competitive. if we can instill work ethic he will go far in some sport or another. mowed lawn. took 10yo to bday party. got chicken feed and beer. drinking said beer while waiting to go pick up kid. maybe a ride tomorrow?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Today's ride was much success although I didn't have the legs to take full advantage of the technical XC goodness, technical for me anyway. I rode a total of 12 miles, 8 was single track. I was so gassed I cut the out and back short with 4 miles of access road.

On the trail I startled a mama and baby white tail, the mama deer ran first heading up the hill to distract me and the fawn didn't move until I was within 10 feet - when it did move it startled the shit out of me. I wish I had my camera on because shortly after that was land of 1000 bunnies for about 1/4 mile. They were everywhere.

My video is the the last 1/4 mile to the car park, not technical and pretty fast, except for today because I had no legs left. From up on the hill I could see a neon green bike in the car park - I thought it was one I'd seen on the trail before which was an Intense beefy something. It turned out to be a Yetti SB 4.5 29r. It was pretty cool looking and I had to resist the urge to ask a guy I'd never met before if I could test ride it. I didn't ask and he didn't offer so... home I went. So exhausted. Also: just about done with spds I cant clip in and out as fast as I used to.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
he is super-competitive. if we can instill work ethic he will go far in some sport or another. mowed lawn.
instill that competitive work ethic into mowing the lawn....the quicker he mows the more he gets paid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Crank Brothers, man. You're a dentist, you should know this!
I had Crank Bros pedals 12 or 15 years ago so... no. Currently impressed with Boomslangs and will be sliding several more pair under the household budget radar. They are the perfect XC pedal IMHO. The platform is huge and inboard in a way I didn't know I liked until I tried them.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
On the bright side, can you now wipe with both hands? Among other things..

When can you start hitting the trail again?
Yes I can spank and wipe ambidextrously, thankfully.

I honestly don't know when I'll be railing berms and drops n such. All my muscles are whacked out and it's creating issues that need to be worked out. I am hoping in three weeks I'll be at least in pump track shape.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nederland. Where did you ride yesterday?
Yesterday was up lookout to top, past mt Vernon country club, through Genesee, down grapevine, through red rocks, past the motox course, bike path along us6 to Illinois - mix of trail, road, dirt road, bike path.

Today was mucho lift assisted DH. Going to do east Kenosha and see how far west we can make it tomorrow. A little too early to get to Georgia, but f-it.

Still to hit anything in Nederland, which trails did you hit?