Quantcast

)))>>•• y u no saturday ••<<(((

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
5 hours at the emergency vet last night. that on top of the stress of dealing with the ac this week so I haven't been sleeping well, I'm pretty fried.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Lawns mowed, sprinkler controller reset and back on Wi-Fi (somehow it had decided to up the watering durations greatly—high bill last month, whoops), packing done for Hawaii but for the stuff to toss in tomorrow morning.

Off to Stoney’s hood this afternoon for a pool party at the Rec center with my sister’s family. Finally a day with no work to do, normal or extra. It’s been a month already.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Alot of this particular crop was scarred by frost when it was basically still a blossom. The grower has insurance which he I am sure has filed a claim. One of the requirements is that he let the crop drop. He can't turn around and take insurance money and then sell the crop anyways. If I had a space to be set up for these moments of fruit smorgasbord, I could juice, dry, or freeze a good amount.

I'm not setup for anything but picking and sharing. It could be better. I've done big drying years in the past but lost the free space to do it.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Do farmers have backup plans for non ideal crops. If those don't make good table fruit they should make good brandy or at least ethanol.
Growers don't want to deal with that generally. There's a chasm of small and mid size processors. It's all either backyard or global food supply systems

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Mom had hip replacement surgery this week. I’m helping her recover. I don’t understand how parents handle kids who need caretaking. Of course, being crippled doesn’t help. Everything at her house is heavy or stored in a weird location or out of my reach. Having two functional arms would make this so much easier.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Studying. Karted with Haley this morning. We are not actively racing each other, gloves off, no pass flags. She damn near had me into the wall exiting a corner and would have if she was 8" further ahead of me. Made a few mistakes, which let me get past, but lap times were within .1sec on the avg lap time. Once she figures out her lines for adult karts fully, she will be faster than me; it's only a matter of time.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL's condo just got listed. For $850k. He'll probably get $750-800k for it. We sold for $330k; repair estimate was $175k. Had she just let us do what we wanted, that ~$200-300k would be her money. Fucking ludicrous. And she's excited about "how great the condo looks!" So fucking stupid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
once i got moving things went well

how it started

PXL_20220716_160405680.jpg

how its going

PXL_20220716_221735879.jpg

made good progress. only one side of the edging stone has leveling sand. need to do the 2 others, cut 2 stones, adhere everything then backfill with gravel (which was delivered Thursday).

hopefully the rain lets up so i can get in the hot tub later. in the meantime - cheesesteak, beer, and le Tour.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rec center was a loud zoo. Kids liked it. Eyes irritated from chlorine. Traffic headed back here was just horrid what with rain and I-70 EB closed due to them rerouting it in the new tunnel section.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
once i got moving things went well

how it started

View attachment 179122

how its going

View attachment 179123

made good progress. only one side of the edging stone has leveling sand. need to do the 2 others, cut 2 stones, adhere everything then backfill with gravel (which was delivered Thursday).

hopefully the rain lets up so i can get in the hot tub later. in the meantime - cheesesteak, beer, and le Tour.
making steaks but dammit now i want cheesesteak. worked on kiddos car a bit. gonna take it for a drive around the hood in a bit to see how i did. other kiddo got a new pair of gerbils. they're fun to watch. wife took older kid to ashevegas to see her brother and his fam. prolly do a local ride tomorrow morning before the heat hits. assuming i don't drink too many of these delicious double ipas...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just checked the live timing for the race that @6thElement is racing right now, if my math is correct he and his missus passed the 77 mile mark just at 2 hours ago. The race is 100 miles, so they should be nearing the finish line. Looks like they're riding together, based on the split times. When you see this: strong work, man!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rec center was a loud zoo. Kids liked it. Eyes irritated from chlorine. Traffic headed back here was just horrid what with rain and I-70 EB closed due to them rerouting it in the new tunnel section.
Actually what causes eye irritation from pools isn't just the chlorine, but the resulting chemicals from the reaction between chlorine and urine.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
car seems good. tranny fluid change/top off seems to have resolved the issue. now for oil/filter change and take it somewhere for a tire balance and deal with dmv to get it titled and registered next week.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I had a new one today. After a decent climb, I started the DH, and my rear brake was squealing like CRAZY, and lost a lot of power, so much so that I basically rode the (chill) dh with only the front brake. Rotor fairly new, pads about 60% worn. Upon disassembly, I discovered that a piece of electrical tape had jammed itself between my pads and rotors, and turned into black, tarry goo.
Good excuse to put on a newer rotor and pads, but I am going to try to clean off the goo. Just tried Alcohol, gonna try maybe some comet, and finish with acetone. That oughtta do it. I’ll try not to drink any of them.

me and tape residue, I tells ya.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just checked the live timing for the race that @6thElement is racing right now, if my math is correct he and his missus passed the 77 mile mark just at 2 hours ago. The race is 100 miles, so they should be nearing the finish line. Looks like they're riding together, based on the split times. When you see this: strong work, man!
I'm not dead. The heat tried to kill me at mile 65-80 though. Should have taken 2 hours for that section, it took me 3.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually what causes eye irritation from pools isn't just the chlorine, but the resulting chemicals from the reaction between chlorine and urine.
I vaguely remember from cleaning pools in HS, that you could tell from the chemical balance when people were banging in the hot tubs. Was weirded out by some grandma's a few times. Got awkward when I showed my college gf's dad how to test the chemicals in the pool and joking mentioned that you could tell pretty much everything that happened in a pool, based on the chemicals. Me, being a dumbass I was then, asked if her sister has been staying at home or was still in school - as the chemicals turned the test samples blue. Given his response, I'm assuming he'd been banging mom in the hot tub.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a new one today. After a decent climb, I started the DH, and my rear brake was squealing like CRAZY, and lost a lot of power, so much so that I basically rode the (chill) dh with only the front brake. Rotor fairly new, pads about 60% worn. Upon disassembly, I discovered that a piece of electrical tape had jammed itself between my pads and rotors, and turned into black, tarry goo.
Good excuse to put on a newer rotor and pads, but I am going to try to clean off the goo. Just tried Alcohol, gonna try maybe some comet, and finish with acetone. That oughtta do it. I’ll try not to drink any of them.

me and tape residue, I tells ya.
heat the adhesive up first. that will soften it and make it easier to remove