Quantcast

•◇◇ GMT ◇◇•

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what are you recording with?
I want to record some jungle noises when in mexico last night & look for a recorder.
Zoom H5 with the stock XY mic. I went for the 4 track recording capability so I could take a board feed and capture the room at my gigs. It’s been interesting in the field. I need a mic capsule with better wind/rumble protection. All in, I’m not mad about what it costs for what it does. Might actually pop for the Guitar Genter insurance to cover drops and damages since I’m dragging it around outside.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode 50km today and I am at the same speed as july last year so legs should be ready for me 215km gravel race in two weeks. Last big ride tomorrow where I am doing another 150km. Good way to burn some fat too :-)

Picked up the son at the airport. He had a good trip and experienced tons of cool stuff.

We had amazing global warming like spring weather today. Felt like it was in the 60s outside. I was doing yard work in a t-shirt which is how it should be in May.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Took me 4 weekends and the last 3 days at home while home because Hannah was sick, but the garage is done. Two cars can fit, 3 bikes (flat on the wall), all the skis, tools, wood, etc. I got rid of 3 sheets of 4*8 wood, but that's it. Mostly taking advantage of other storage in the house to move things appropriately. I even get to return the two ceiling racks I bought from Costco because I don't need them - $220 back to me ftw.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Took me 4 weekends and the last 3 days at home while home because Hannah was sick, but the garage is done. Two cars can fit, 3 bikes (flat on the wall), all the skis, tools, wood, etc. I got rid of 3 sheets of 4*8 wood, but that's it. Mostly taking advantage of other storage in the house to move things appropriately. I even get to return the two ceiling racks I bought from Costco because I don't need them - $220 back to me ftw.
TTIWWOP

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Holy crap, the conspicuous consumption in Laguna Beach/Newport Beach is out of control.
In two days I have seen a dozen Bentleys, 5 Rolls, 5 or 10 lambos and Ferrari’s, and hundreds of Porsches.
Even saw a Bugatti.
It sickening, kinda.
It makes me realize that Jackson is all about stealth wealth...you wear carhartts and drive an f350 if you have a 20,000,000 ranch...and drive cars that drive in the snow.
The riding was stupendous in Laguna, though! Super-gnar tech on Art School!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Merry Marmot spring races at Arctic Valley ski area. Only 3 of us competing in XC...I won. About 6 for the DH, got 2nd. The way to win the DH is be the 2nd rider, because the 1st rider always goes too fast and blows a corner, then crashes. Still recovering from ankle surgery and can't take big impacts, so I had to "turn it down" a bit on the DH, but just because I'm recovering doesn't mean I haven't been training ;) Tons of fun, perfect weather, damn near short-sleeve. Local brewery sponsored and had beer waiting for us at the top of the DH race. Took home swag. Good times.

Top of the DH
55686914_10101678742339088_1465995500606980096_n.jpg

There are a bunch of other events, like the Dummy Downhill, where you "race" a dummy-sled thing. Saw these competitors setting up their rig for the race:

55849490_10101678762598488_4765293921746026496_n.jpg

Should have some more good pics later.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Holy crap, the conspicuous consumption in Laguna Beach/Newport Beach is out of control.
In two days I have seen a dozen Bentleys, 5 Rolls, 5 or 10 lambos and Ferrari’s, and hundreds of Porsches.
Even saw a Bugatti.
It sickening, kinda.
It makes me realize that Jackson is all about stealth wealth...you wear carhartts and drive an f350 if you have a 20,000,000 ranch...and drive cars that drive in the snow.
The riding was stupendous in Laguna, though! Super-gnar tech on Art School!
Welcome to my home country. I fucking hate it. But the riding is awesome!

Growing up riding that stuff on a rigid steel 18-speed with canti's does qualify why after getting into downhill it took a lot to get to be "too much". Because imagine riding that vintage 1990...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I actually rode here with the Laguna Rads on one ride in ‘92. Hardest riding I had done up to the point besides Moab. Those dudes were insane! Hadn’t been back since then. One of my good riding buddies lives in Irvine, he gave me a proper tour of this zone today, with more on tap for tomorrow...