Quantcast

<~•~>Labor Day Humph<~•~>

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dinosaur jr was great with no opener....

get to do it again in atlanta on friday....rose city band on saturday...

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Van is packed, coffeeing now.

Humidity will be through the roof. Definitely sub optimal conditions for riding and camping. Meh.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Day was meh, left work at seven, started driving and felt something half is wide as my arm run up it.
Quickly stopped, jumped out and burned the car.
Seems there's a Butcherbirds' nest out the front of the house so I get to look forward to those jerks going for my ears for the next couple of weeks. They are a pretty crazy bird, they hang their food from forks in trees and go back to eat it when they are hungry, fuckers hate bikes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a lot of stuff, but not everything done yesterday. So continuing the unfinished stuff, K1 for league practice, and a few other things for Wifey.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had All of the Sleeps last night

just did a bout in the massage chair. Maybe time to venture downstairs now

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Fucking road biking. The day I forgot to bring a tube I of course get a flat. Denmark has flint everywhere and it cuts through tires like a knife. Well it's what they used to make knives from in the stone age. At least weather is perfect and there was a train station not to far away.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The same can be said for Tahoe actually
duh
why do you think I know these things?

Only difference is there used to be functional communities here that were displaced vs (mostly) building up the fantasy from scratch. You can build new buildings in summit county. You can't really here. Vail built up a lot of summit. Here they just manifest destinied everyone out of the way because chad and karen from sf got an epic pass and need those lattes and authentic tacos.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thus far it seems Vail, Breck, Keystone, Steamboat, and Copper are all junk towns filled with fake peeps with serious mental illnesses.
Of this list, Steamboat and Breck are the closest to real towns. And even then, Breck is more Frisco and Silverthorne for mtn towns. Copper and Keystone are straight up resorts; not towns.

Try Crested Butte, Durango, or Telluride for old mountain towns. They've made the pitch to rich, but haven't gone resort town yet.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Of this list, Steamboat and Breck are the closest to real towns. And even then, Breck is more Frisco and Silverthorne for mtn towns. Copper and Keystone are straight up resorts; not towns.

Try Crested Butte, Durango, or Telluride for old mountain towns. They've made the pitch to rich, but haven't gone resort town yet.
You're off on Crusty Butt and Telluride... not sure about Durango.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I will say

I have been enjoying the hysterical weeping and lamentations of the entitled stupidy at Burning Man this year, just a shame there isn't some sort of way for those poor folks to get predictions on rain levels and weather events before paying large sums of money while entering a low dry lake basin made of mud.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Will MTB today, probably, but haven't got a plan in place yet.
This is a done. A short 8 miles/90 minutes while getting swamped by gnats the entire ride, wtf. Three MTB days in a row...that's gotta be some sort of record.

I swung through the grocery store after bringing the bottle returns back and happened upon a nice ribeye on sale that will be my dinner. Looking forward to that!! A $25 steak for $11.