Quantcast

⁂⁂⁂ Trash day... ⁂⁂⁂

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I am, how do you say, TIRED! It was 2 days of training and 2 days of kids with 90+degrees and humidity and practice. Today, we had 2 games against one of our toughest teams and I coached a double header (JV & V...the JV coach couldn't make it today) and then off to SqEarl's work to see to naval nuclear stuff. I was planning on going to my students girls soccer game but the pool is calling and I might not make it out..

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That must be so great for her confidence. Are they otherwise nice kids? Bonus points: they aren't one-dimensional video gamers.
Totally awesome. Everybody is super supportive of each other. They watch videos and study data of each other for how they can go faster. The way the shop has the team setup is incredible for the kids to build themselves and each other up.

And the amount of help for the parents as mechanics... Haley went off last session because her brakes were glazed. They had been dragging, so we fixed that. But the result was drag because of cold pads. The main wrench just spent the last 30min with me working on the brakes to get them dialed in for her next session.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Totally awesome. Everybody is super supportive of each other. They watch videos and study data of each other for how they can go faster. The way the shop has the team setup is incredible for the kids to build themselves and each other up.

And the amount of help for the parents as mechanics... Haley went off last session because her brakes were glazed. They had been dragging, so we fixed that. But the result was drag because of cold pads. The main wrench just spent the last 30min with me working on the brakes to get them dialed in for her next session.
missed 3 races

parental failure

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty sure I passed Jill Kintner on the trail today. By pass I mean she was stopped on the side of the trail when I rode by.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think so. Wouldn't touch that place with a 10' pole even if they did.
I had fun doing a power hour on wookie and then leaving. But everything else there sucked. I just know they had the go ahead from the USFS to build way more because a friend of mine in bham helped them lay them out and route them.

Then they just sat on their asses and never did anything beyond the three trails they had.

That place a shit show these days or something?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had fun doing a power hour on wookie and then leaving. But everything else there sucked. I just know they had the go ahead from the USFS to build way more because a friend of mine in bham helped them lay them out and route them.

Then they just sat on their asses and never did anything beyond the three trails they had.

That place a shit show these days or something?
Complete shit show. Fucked over employees to the point where no one would work there. Last year there were powder days with only a third of the lifts running because they didn't have people and days when people would show up with no place to park as nothing was plowed. They supposedly got a new manager, time will tell if that changes anything.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
missed 3 races

parental failure

One was when her kart was bent (Grand Junction) and other two were the same weekend when we were in CA.

If you look at the sheet, Wesley who is #2 overall is who she's been pacing and bump drafting on all day. The kids 4-6 are the second "pack", who she was out with last weekend. She's been staying ahead of them all day. She was one hell of a surprise to a lot of folks today who were not expecting her going from "wow, she's almost keeping up with the second pack" two weeks ago to "Woah. She gapped the second pack and is drafting on Wesley."