Quantcast

⁂⁂S⁂a⁂t⁂u⁂r⁂d⁂a⁂y⁂⁂

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee and wordle on the deck. Bacon in the oven. Landscape project after breakfast. Graduation party for a neighbor's kid this afternoon. May sneak a ride in? Tomorrow looks like rain, so might do a road ride.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Finished episode 3 with the kids yesterday and will move on to Obi-Wan with them now.

I shall rapid test myself this morning—if negative can go shuttling tomorrow but I’ll likely be positive still.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yesterday I spent too much money on a camera lens so I can take slightly better than average pics of the Vivid Festival in Sydney.
Today my ankle made a funny pop and hurt like shit briefly and hurts like shit every now and again when walking. I don't know what happened but down the back of my heel had been feeling weird for a couple a weeks.
I'm hoping I can still somewhat comfortably walk the 10odd km I planned on doing tomorrow night, seems turning my foot out slightly makes it less likely to give issues, so I'll do that 'til I forget to.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fuck nothing like waking up to doggie diarrhea all over the bedroom floor (Yay for Laminate Pergo) I just spent 45 minutes cleaning it up. Some spots dried and caked on some still wet. I am not amused. To top it off the wife bitched at me that I missed a few spots in the morning brain fog. I tossed her the paper towel and clorox...That didn't go over well.

Espresso time

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck nothing like waking up to doggie diarrhea all over the bedroom floor (Yay for Laminate Pergo) I just spent 45 minutes cleaning it up. Some spots dried and caked on some still wet. I am not amused. To top it off the wife bitched at me that I missed a few spots in the morning brain fog. I tossed her the paper towel and clorox...That didn't go over well.

Espresso time
This seems like a regular enough occurrence you might wanna get the pooch checked out.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Yesterday I spent too much money on a camera lens so I can take slightly better than average pics of the Vivid Festival in Sydney.
Today my ankle made a funny pop and hurt like shit briefly and hurts like shit every now and again when walking. I don't know what happened but down the back of my heel had been feeling weird for a couple a weeks.
I'm hoping I can still somewhat comfortably walk the 10odd km I planned on doing tomorrow night, seems turning my foot out slightly makes it less likely to give issues, so I'll do that 'til I forget to.
Whatcha got?

(Thumbsup is for the lens, not the ankle)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My cousin Dorianne is a Concert Violinist. She used to play with the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra. She moved to just outside Paris a few years ago and still plays

She is playing in a concert in Lyon next Friday

this is the ad and that is her in the featured cover photo

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HAY GUISE! I'm tired. Woke up early (for a Saturday) and rode 65 miles on the tri at a fairly hard effort (18.7 mph), then lumbered for a rather fast 4 mile brick run. Awesome morning. Now food!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My cousin Dorianne is a Concert Violinist. She used to play with the Philadelphia Philharmonic Orchestra. She moved to just outside Paris a few years ago and still plays

She is playing in a concert in Lyon next Friday

this is the ad and that is her in the featured cover photo

Very Cool! Nice program too. I'm partial to the American Quartet but I do love the Ravel Pavanne too! I have played with a couple of members (cellist and his wife who was the pianist) from the Philly Symphony. Always a pleasure to hear!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Last full week with students (next week we have 2 full days and then exams which means I clean and pack and proctor and do awards ceremonies). Countdown is on though....come on July 1st (I am coaching a clinic the last 4 days in June so I won't really be done until 7/1)

My dad is still in the hospital....he's a diabetic that doesn't really follow the rules, has heart issues and now as an infection so he's been there all week and won't be out until it's better) so my mom and disabled brother are staying here while he's in because the hospital is 15 minutes from my house and 45 from theirs. It's nice to be able to take care of my mom and brother to give her a little break. She's enjoying the hot tub and pool and having someone cook for her I am sure.

Baked banana bread this morning; made coleslaw and have some pork tenderloins out to grill later. Working on some raised beds for my strawberries to be transplanted into after this season (damn chipmunks eat them too fast); bike maintenance on small ones "new to her" 24" Roscoe (it's a cool bike...mom likes to ride it around too lol).

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Beach day, maybe wash the dogs later, maybe not.

:wave:

New fork day.
Haven’t been on an air fork in a while. We’ll see.
View attachment 177556
I have an inflatable Helm, it’s not a coil fork, but it’s a damn good air fork 9.1/10 would recommend. My only gripe is the HSC knob likes to move on its own, they’re allegedly fixed that though. It’s also got the only QR style through axle I don’t hate

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Whatcha got?

(Thumbsup is for the lens, not the ankle)
Because I am a hipster I have a Pentax and that means I get to buy a rebadged Tamron 15-30 FF lens with the OIS removed for more money than it costs for the Canon, Nikon etc version that has OIS.
IMG_20220612_035849.jpg

Had a quick play before the sun went down

IMG_20220612_040049.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's a diarrhea poltergeist that keeps jumping between them then.
My dog got sick last weekend and had his only accident in over 7 years. Pretty sure he was munching on some mildly toxic mushrooms that have been growing in the yard. I don't like dumping chemicals in the yard but may have to hit it with some weed and feed to prevent that in the future.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Beach day, maybe wash the dogs later, maybe not.

I have an inflatable Helm, it’s not a coil fork, but it’s a damn good air fork 9.1/10 would recommend. My only gripe is the HSC knob likes to move on its own, they’re allegedly fixed that though. It’s also got the only QR style through axle I don’t hate
I have really liked the performance of the springy Helm. I didn’t like the little bit of top out it has, although it didn’t really effect the ride quality at all.

I had wanted to try a new Lyrik for a little while so we’ll see.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm about to push the boundaries of what's an acceptable/offensive number of tacos to consume when you've been invited to a party - and the food is tacos.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My rear wheel doesn't like me going for a ride after watching a WC DH race. Oh well.... :D