Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Today I:

- Finished a complete swap-set of ‘road’ (2.1 Maxxis Pace) wheels for my emtb, (including taking 1/8mm off the OD of a set of 203mm discs on the belt sander lol). Same cassette and everything so just a straight switch. Just took it out for a test, omg the rolling resistance difference is wild compared to the huge soft Assagai and DHR2. There really is actually near zero 32kph breakthrough friction on the ep8000, it’s all the in the tyres. I sort of knew this but now I know it.

- Finally sorted out the previously slightly flaky pantry automatic door light so it works 100% of the time now. Moar magnets!

- Etched subtle little symbols into our drinking glasses in an effort to stop the forever ‘which is my glass, ah fuckit I’ll have a new one’ virus that seems to affect my family and fills up my dishwasher.

It rained like fuck in waves most of the day and we even had some hail. Ground is absolutely sodden. Weather forecast goes on like this for ages. No riding for a bit I think.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder if you could distill the oil out of and mix it with pepper spray to make the best of both worlds.
That is pretty fucking evil.

However you wouldn't want to distill it but used a closed loop alcohol extraction process to concentrate the urushiol.
(for scientific purposes of course)

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Urushiol is used to make the red-laquer found on traditional Japanese wooden bowls and trays. A friend's brother harvests the stuff for a living!

Also, assuming that you are allergic inhaling the smoke will land you in the ER. Found that out as a teenager helping a neighbor burn brush...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
That is pretty fucking evil.

However you wouldn't want to distill it but used a closed loop alcohol extraction process to concentrate the urushiol.
(for scientific purposes of course)
I think you’re on to something there. I mean if you’re going to spray someone with pepper spray, why not really ruin their day. . . Month.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Urushiol is used to make the red-laquer found on traditional Japanese wooden bowls and trays. A friend's brother harvests the stuff for a living!

Also, assuming that you are allergic inhaling the smoke will land you in the ER. Found that out as a teenager helping a neighbor burn brush...
Stuff is nasty, have a severely allergic ridding buddy. He got it this spring and wound up in the er.