Quantcast

€£¥ ₩eekend #¹ ¥£€

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
760 has got to be 15ish years old. At least you weren't hurt when it passed away.

Wife and I did 17.7 of the miles, with 3740 ft of the rocky verticals.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
M760. I did nothing crazy, just had hit a new gap jump for the first time, which went smoothly. Did use only about 2/3 of the suspension travel. On my third attempt, I wanted to pedal hard after the landing to quickly get up the following small incline. Was in the 3rd to largest gear, one rotation of the crank with full torque and heard a snapping noise. Thought I snapped my chain but instead saw the crank dangling. Luckily I did not get hurt at all, just rolled to a stop.
No signs of corrosion on the axle. Need to extract the other side to see what is going on. It is deformed, so does not slide through the bearing anymore. Crank is old and used quite a bit, but no hard hits. Always used with Nukeproof plastic flats or CB Mallets, so pedals that would fail if hit hard. :confused:
Fatigue

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Turned on the sprinkler system today... copper pipe between the backflow valve and the control box must have frozen this winter, so I got to play plumber with the copper pipe, torch, and solder for a couple hours.

"Buy a house," they said.

Next winter I need to NOT forget to open the valve in the control box to let that water drain out of the pipe. :rolleyes:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Turned on the sprinkler system today... copper pipe between the backflow valve and the control box must have frozen this winter, so I got to play plumber with the copper pipe, torch, and solder for a couple hours.

"Buy a house," they said.

Next winter I need to NOT forget to open the valve in the control box to let that water drain out of the pipe. :rolleyes:
this would be much easier if you didn't feel the need for grass. or an underground sprinkler system. i mean, what could go wrong?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You're not wrong. One of those inevitable joys of suburban home ownership, I suppose.
except you don't have to have either underground sprinklers to have grass, or even grass at all...i live in a suburban hood. no underground sprinkler...lots of natural areas and clover where grass used to be. ain't nobody got time to take care of grass. sounds like you live in a stoney *monocle* hood... :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
except you don't have to have either underground sprinklers to have grass, or even grass at all...i live in a suburban hood. no underground sprinkler...lots of natural areas and clover where grass used to be. ain't nobody got time to take care of grass. sounds like you live in a stoney *monocle* hood... :D
His ///terrace looks down on all the plebs ///decks :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I mean... the Front Range is a significantly different climate than Caroltucky. :D

I do get what you're saying, though.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
bUt iT Is sTeELz? ;) :D
Old, but did not see a ton of milage as I spread my riding over a bunch of bikes and I am neither a fatty nor hard on bikes. The internet suggests that this sometimes happen, but is pretty rare.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yardwork. I put off doing it for so long my wife went and hired a crew to come in to weed, fertilize and reseed the lawn. Trim all the trees and shrubs redo the mulch borders, chop down two trees she hated and haul all that shit away. and that my friends is how I believe in doing yard work