Quantcast

€£¥ Wed GMT $₱₡

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin' fuckers

I am happy to be awake and have to opportunity to make another days worth of poor life decisions.
so you are going to try brown capping all day again?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
almost got hit by some fvcking moron who made an illegal pass over the double yellow lines in order to run a red light. she was apparently in a very big hurry to get to church. :thumbsdown:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Not sure what happened last night, but I went to bed earlier and feel more tired today? huh?

Apparently the sun was also in super bright mode at 6am, as I woke up and immediately panicked thinking that I had slept in. But no, it was just the normal waking up an hour before the alarm goes off routine.

Lets see how much I can get accomplished today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am relieved to note that I did not see a dead prairie dog along the trail while pedaling to work today. Either he recovered or his compadres dragged him into a hole to perish in privacy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am relieved to note that I did not see a dead prairie dog along the trail while pedaling to work today. Either he recovered or his compadres dragged him into a hole to perish in privacy.
It probably had just enough strength to drag it's mangled carcass away to die a slow horrible death.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Tonight is opening night of the weekly cruise in and it looks like it should be raining, yay Portland. Got some work to do, but nothing exciting. I need a new welder.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkeys.

Tonight is opening night of the weekly cruise in and it looks like it should be raining, yay Portland. Got some work to do, but nothing exciting. I need a new welder.
I picked up a digital Tweeco Fabricator earlier in the year after using a friends new in years but old school technology Lincoln. I was blown away by how much better the Tweeco performed. My welds went from highly questionable to pretty darn good.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I picked up a digital Tweeco Fabricator earlier in the year after using a friends new in years but old school technology Lincoln. I was blown away by how much better the Tweeco performed. My welds went from highly questionable to pretty darn good.
I'm using an old Chicago Electric MIG 100 with inconsistent feed rates that my almost brother-in-law gave me. It is almost more trouble than it is worth. I would love a simple Lincoln 140 with a bottle, but I have found other needs for that money. All I am doing is welding up a new bash guard for the little monkeys quad. 1/8 plate steel, it's ghetto but should hold up if I can get a decent bead on the thing. :rofl:

I don't do enough or have a shop with proper power but will get something a little nicer for the real projects.

<edit> Oh wow, the Tweeco Fabricator 141 is less than $600. Is that what you are using? I've never heard of them.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm using an old Chicago Electric MIG 100 with inconsistent feed rates that my almost brother-in-law gave me. It is almost more trouble than it is worth. I would love a simple Lincoln 140 with a bottle, but I have found other needs for that money. All I am doing is welding up a new bash guard for the little monkeys quad. 1/8 plate steel, it's ghetto but should hold up if I can get a decent bead on the thing. :rofl:

I don't do enough or have a shop with proper power but will get something a little nicer for the real projects.

<edit> Oh wow, the Tweeco Fabricator 141 is less than $600. Is that what you are using? I've never heard of them.
Yup. It is a quality unit too, not some harbor freight POS. I wanted a 181 but they were impossible to find. I talked to a guy who works at the local welding shop and he said that all the welders there bought Tweecos for their personal use.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yup. It is a quality unit too, not some harbor freight POS. I wanted a 181 but they were impossible to find. I talked to a guy who works at the local welding shop and he said that all the welders there bought Tweecos for their personal use.
Thank you, sir. I think I found a new toy to add to the list. I would never have bought this POS I have, I was going to get either a Lincoln or Hobart 140, but looking at the specs it looks like a solid rig. It looks like they carry them at a shop down the street, I'll go have a look at lunch.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My condolences, 'squeeb.

With regard to the alternate theories of prairie dog disappearance: no matter. Out of sight, out of mind. :thumb:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh Squeeb, so sorry. Pups are family.
Fights with spouses just suck. I've been trying the "I don't want to talk about it... ever." and hoping it will blow over before it starts. So far so good!
In other news, I would like to go run and bike some steam off please!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oh Squeeb, so sorry. Pups are family.
Fights with spouses just suck. I've been trying the "I don't want to talk about it... ever." and hoping it will blow over before it starts. So far so good!
In other news, I would like to go run and bike some steam off please!