Quantcast

€€€€ GTM Wednesday I forgot my glasses at home &&&&

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Checked in on a project that I was asked to consult on a few years ago. My initial assessment was that the original objectives were way too broad to ever be successful. I was removed from the project because I lacked that can-do attitude even though I had irrefutable mathematical model to support my assesment. 3 years and many millions of dollars later it got canceled as the only way to get things to work was to narrow the objectives ultimately making it a money losing scenario.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I need to start planning to buy another car at some point, maybe in a year or ... ?

Anyways, made the mistake of looking at some certified pre-owned lists from Hyundai and Subaru last night. Jeebus, used Crosstreks and Imprezas with 80-100k's for north of $25000. Hyundai wasn't as bad, but still 2015-2017 era cars with 100k's for $18000. BALLS. And there's only a handful out there.

Maybe I'll just buy another shitbox?
ya might want to wait and see if Ford is voted out this summer. A new gov't will likely introduce an EV incentive, that would also be stackable on the federal incentive. My brother in law in Quebec got $13,000 off his eGolf that way. By all accounts, those new Hyundai's are nice looking and have decent range. A proper purchase incentive would get them into the low $40k range. And with the price of gas going up steadily, it could pay for itself pretty quick...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you replace the entrance panel, install a surge suppressor.
Most definitely. I'll be doing that as well as a generator transfer switch.

Latest code update requires the main shutoff to be located outside by the meter. So I'd need that too. And a new weather head to main panel run. Theory is water is running down through there and corroding things, which makes sense considering the top two breakers showed corrosion on the lugs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ya might want to wait and see if Ford is voted out this summer. A new gov't will likely introduce an EV incentive, that would also be stackable on the federal incentive. My brother in law in Quebec got $13,000 off his eGolf that way. By all accounts, those new Hyundai's are nice looking and have decent range. A proper purchase incentive would get them into the low $40k range. And with the price of gas going up steadily, it could pay for itself pretty quick...
A $40k hybrid is much too expensive for what I need. :(

I like the Kia Niro, but it starts at $27k for ICE version and $35k for the plug in hybrid.

A used Toyota Prius V would be sweet, but right now there is not a single one listed on Toyota's site.

But yeah, I shall play the waiting game. I also have a lottery ticket for tonights draw, so fingers crossed. :happydance:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
feeling well enough to put new parts on the cross bike and possibly go for a ride today. Need to get some electrical tape for the bar wrapping chores.

Pretty sure my taste and smell is coming back but it is wonky, my coffee tastes like cocoa and I smell cigarette smoke again.

in other news....

Royal Mail is the equivalent or worse than the USPS.

View attachment 171637
i waited almost a year for something to make it from germany via dhl....

that it arrived in one piece was amazing....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
A $40k hybrid is much too expensive for what I need. :(

I like the Kia Niro, but it starts at $27k for ICE version and $35k for the plug in hybrid.

A used Toyota Prius V would be sweet, but right now there is not a single one listed on Toyota's site.

But yeah, I shall play the waiting game. I also have a lottery ticket for tonights draw, so fingers crossed. :happydance:
I wasn't suggesting a hybrid, but a full battery electric vehicle. You don't get the full rebate with hybrids. In fact, I think it has to be a plug-in hybrid to get any incentive at all.

I have my eyes on the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6. Less expensive than everyone's favourite market leader, hatch-back, good charging speed, good range, and I think they might even come with heat pumps as standard in Canada.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/kias-new-electric-ev6-to-start-under-45000-sales-start-this-month

Normally, I prefer low trim levels and lower prices. A car is a means to get around for me, not a statement of any kind. Other than I'd prefer it didn't pollute the air every time I use it. But the model I'm interested in starts at $55k. :/ Personally, I really don't find AWD is a necessity for winter driving, but BEVs tend to be rear-wheel drive if they're not AWD, and generally that's not great when driving on snow/slush/ice...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh look, its 42freedom units outside and raining. What the? Cancelled tonights ride with the guys; I aint driving an hour to ride on horseshit slush. I'll do that around home.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What was it?
a tshirt that i otherwise would have cancelled but it benefitted doctors without borders....it was charity...so....the money going where it went was the only concern....

i have enough t shirts to fill up 2 more of the already full 50 gallon plastic containers i already have...