Quantcast

←∆→ voting again GMT ↑∆↓

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Sounds like Harissa...

NTTAWWT

Harissa is a North African hot chili pepper paste, the main ingredients of which are roasted red peppers, Baklouti peppers or serrano peppers, spices and herbs such as garlic paste, caraway seeds, coriander seeds, cumin and olive oil to carry the oil-soluble flavors.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sounds like Harissa...

NTTAWWT

Harissa is a North African hot chili pepper paste, the main ingredients of which are roasted red peppers, Baklouti peppers or serrano peppers, spices and herbs such as garlic paste, caraway seeds, coriander seeds, cumin and olive oil to carry the oil-soluble flavors.
Oooooo...... I was just introduced to this a couple weeks back by a ramper who hails from Tunisia. It's amazing......... Kind of like a more exotic Chipotle Pepper in adobo.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There's a few shawarma places 'round here that have real harissa on hand... harissa on chicken shawarma is frickin' awersome... :drool:

in other news, looks like I don't need surgery any time soon. if/when it becomes a problem, they can remove the bone fragments, and shave off the bone growth that is limiting my range of motion.

boy, getting old sure is swell!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got in the office by 6:30 and have made serious progress. The "main" script they had was in pretty bad shape. I mean, it still is, but at least it runs correct and reports now. Lots to refactor.

Also got the tech challenge for the full time gig and after they passed on a buddy, I don't feel like spending 6+ hours to do it just to get rejected. If they said no to him, then why even look at me, he is way more qualified.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Processing the deer in the garage....... realized I left my field knife set..... in the fucking field......

Guess I was right when I bought a cheaper set for this so if I lost it I wouldn't be too mad......
Just sucks cause I liked this set, and am in need of it.....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Morning Monkeys.

Got in the office by 6:30 and have made serious progress. The "main" script they had was in pretty bad shape. I mean, it still is, but at least it runs correct and reports now. Lots to refactor.

Also got the tech challenge for the full time gig and after they passed on a buddy, I don't feel like spending 6+ hours to do it just to get rejected. If they said no to him, then why even look at me, he is way more qualified.
Something I am trying to keep in mind as I go through my job search is to never decide for someone else that you aren’t qualified or a good fit for the job.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Hearing funny laser burn stories. Turns out you can burn the shit out of yourself before you realize you are being burnt. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Voted last week (thank you CO paper ballots) so as to not waste time today. At a HS all day and just found out the principal went to college with Wifey, which is kinda cool. Found out that I need to make a few pptx slides by eod tomorrow and I'm not really sure how best to do such, as in 'I have no idea what they want it to describe'. Giddy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmmmm….a conflict tomorrow night.

Its ride night with the buddies.

But, there is also a meeting with the local conservation authority and bike organization in regards to a forest that I've been mountain biking in since I was a kid. This is the place that, without warning last year, the conservation people toppled trees down on a trails and removed access. One of the teachers at the conservation place also strung up ropes across trails a few years ago, one of which clotheslined me in the head with enough force to break and rip the helmet right off my head.

I'd love to ride tomorrow, but I think I need to be there to voice my opinions and tell them to stay away from ruining the existing trails anymore than they already have. Hate stuff like this. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning Monkeys.

As someone who interviews candidates a fair bit I can honestly say experience is rarely the deciding factor. It gets you in the door but usually not what gets you selected. I would much rather hire someone who is smart and easy to work with over someone with all the right experience but who is difficult and unable to adapt.

I had to pick a short term contractor last year from nothing but resumes, the result was disappointing.

That all being said, don't give up on it. If nothing else this tech challenge may be good practice for the next opportunity. 50% of getting a job is being good at the hiring process.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ran my tax numbers for the year as I wasn't sure how all the overtime I have been working would bake out. Turns out I don't need to pay taxes for the rest of the year and will still get a refund. A little too late but I need to crank up the deductions for the rest of the year. Looks like my car is getting paid off a few years early.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Re: harissa

I get it in a squeeze bottle from the Lebanese Market within walking distance of my house. Stays in the fridge for quick and easy use on and in pretty much anything you want.

A couple years back, for Thanksgiving, we spatchcocked a turkey. Then slathered it in homemade harissa and butter. Then slapped it on the grill.

We treat it as a Mediterranean / Middle Eastern variant of Sriracha. interchangeable depending on the flavors of whatever we're wanting to cook and eat any given time.