Quantcast

∆|∆ Saturday gmt ∆|∆

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode fat bikes on dirt and icy snow while Mr @Full Trucker and his lady fine tuned their new bicycles on a simple shake down ride with us.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
check best buy....they had the 7 or 8 pretty damn cheap the last time I was in there...

hero 8 for 299.00

hero 7 silver for 199

on their website...
Amazon's prices are pretty comparable. I get points that I am able cash out for gift cards to various retailers. I've gotten Amazon cards before, can't recall if best buy is an option.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Got another recognition award at work, thinking of getting a gropro. Leaning towards an older model to keep cost down, especially since it's more of something to just derp around with. Will likely be using it more with/for kids stuff than my own riding. How far back do I have to go before features really start to drop off? @Toshi what's your input? Haven't you had several iterations?
Stabilization is the name of the game for non-nauseating footage. I went with a Max this time around and its software stabilization is gimbal-level awesome. I'd go with it or a 9 for Hypersmooth whatever version is current, especially with the Max lens mod. I think I had a 5 last time and physical gimbals suck.

Here. Powder. Legs sore. Saw @6thElement getting onto the freeway after his ride. Time to go yell at HD for fucking up MIL cabinet order.
How were lift lines? Traffic looks peachy already.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 3.01.43 PM.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Stabilization is the name of the game for non-nauseating footage. I went with a Max this time around and its software stabilization is gimbal-level awesome. I'd go with it or a 9 for Hypersmooth whatever version is current, especially with the Max lens mod. I think I had a 5 last time and physical gimbals suck.
The 9 has hypersmooth 3 and is more than I want to spend. The 7 was the first with hypersmooth and the 8 had hypersmooth 2.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

How were lift lines? Traffic looks peachy already.

View attachment 156226
Not as bad as you would expect. Looking Glass and Ironhorse were closed, so that didn't help. Pioneer was at the cat track, Olympia to the warming hut, Prospector & Eskimo normal. After Olympia began backing up, I just started doing laps on Looking Glass.

Conditions were great and totally worth it.