Quantcast

∑∑∑∑∑ Wednesday gtm †††††¥¥¥üü|||œœœœœœπππ

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
my dad started in on that this weekend but we all changed the subject. I remember seeing an image floating around of the "nobody wants to work" headline from every decade in the last 50 years, but boomers worked hard all the time and leveraged their bootstraps
FTS. My father says Work is what horses die of. Boomers are weird, the most opportunistic generation ever, claiming favorable circumstances as their virtue and hard work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my dad started in on that this weekend but we all changed the subject. I remember seeing an image floating around of the "nobody wants to work" headline from every decade in the last 50 years, but boomers worked hard all the time and leveraged their bootstraps
how strappy are his boots these days

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FTS. My father says Work is what horses die of. Boomers are weird, the most opportunistic generation ever, claiming favorable circumstances as their virtue and hard work.
I shouldn't, but I still marvel at the number of people who can't/don't want to accept that luck and circumstance, perhaps more than any other factor, play the biggest role in anyone's success.

how strappy are his boots these days
Apparently not strappy enough to make frequent trips up to MA to visit his son.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Another solid day of torturing...I mean training our athletes. Headed to the pool for a float and then dinner before the oldest goes to practice. One week from now she takes her road test and mom won't need to drive every night to gymnastics.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Still in Denver, not super happy about it but what ya gonna do? Yesterday the mechanic said they anticipated being done working on the Sprinter by Friday at the latest. Hoping it's Thursday, but trying not to get my hopes up. At least I've been getting some riding in, and seeing all my Front Range peeps. Might go buy flooring for Teh Bong Shed™ at Home Depot while I'm here, and do a Costco run... you know, because I haven't spent enough money this week between the Sprinter repairs and a couch we ordered a few months back being delivered.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
no i'm with you. it's another pointless catch phrase from the NoBoDy WaNtS tO wOrK crowd.
Act your wage. Back at the investment bank I was making $200k+ and I damn near worked myself to death.

Now? I know what they hired the new guy 3yrs out of college at. You need me more than I need you, because my position is grossly understaffed nationwide. I can walk over to Schwab and make 50% more, but I'll have to work that much harder. Nah. I'm good.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Damn, that was an ACTION PACKED day.
wasn’t doing much (cant ride), so I did some extra credit honey-do listage.
Completely emptied and cleaned Refrigerator, Freezer, junk drawer, three medicine drawers, and the spice shelves.
Also got steaks to grill for dinner.
I better get a ‘thank you’.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
OMG. I'm arguing with MIL1 about paper statements for her brokerage accts. Vanguard is getting rid of paper statements, unless you pay a $20 fee. So I told her to get rid of it and just pull the statements as PDFs, then save to her cloud folder. She's complaining that "the poor and underprivileged are being left behind again" because they don't have online access. Despite most people owning a smart phones. And how older people don't all know how to use technology, to which I say, get on the technology train or get left behind. :banghead:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn, that was an ACTION PACKED day.
wasn’t doing much (cant ride), so I did some extra credit honey-do listage.
Completely emptied and cleaned Refrigerator, Freezer, junk drawer, three medicine drawers, and the spice shelves.
Also got steaks to grill for dinner.
I better get a ‘thank you’.
Medicine drawer you say? Just make sure it's wife telling you thank you and not the jacket rack.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
OMG. I'm arguing with MIL1 about paper statements for her brokerage accts. Vanguard is getting rid of paper statements, unless you pay a $20 fee. So I told her to get rid of it and just pull the statements as PDFs, then save to her cloud folder. She's complaining that "the poor and underprivileged are being left behind again" because they don't have online access. Despite most people owning a smart phones. And how older people don't all know how to use technology, to which I say, get on the technology train or get left behind. :banghead:
That's an impressive commitment to "get off my lawn" by your MIL1 - I'm impressed! :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That's an impressive commitment to "get off my lawn" by your MIL1 - I'm impressed! :rofl:
Every valid argument has a BS response.

Use zoom on your phone - I need to see the whole line to understand it better.

You can just print it out from your phone - Mine doesn't - yes it does, I'll set it up for you - but what am I supposed to do with the downloaded files - save them to your cloud folder called "vanguard statements" - but what if my computer dies - YOU HAVE IT IN THE CLOUD! - but...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Every valid argument has a BS response.

Use zoom on your phone - I need to see the whole line to understand it better.

You can just print it out from your phone - Mine doesn't - yes it does, I'll set it up for you - but what am I supposed to do with the downloaded files - save them to your cloud folder called "vanguard statements" - but what if my computer dies - YOU HAVE IT IN THE CLOUD! - but...
I have a very dear old friend who refuses to use a password manager - she likes to keep a piece of paper under her keyboard with them all. I don't even try any more. :D

At least you're trying...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Took Lil Man golfing, he's a kick in the pants. You can tell he isn't all that excited about the coming new addition. Just makes us put more effort into it, I guess.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
TT bike is packed and ready, going to try and get destroyed at the wednesday night time trial unless I pop another migraine.

I am fully prepared to do mediocre but have fun trying
Great average speed, how did it go?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so this time she cares about teh poors?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did my good deed for the day today on our ride, small snake was coiled in the middle of the road. Lil' effer lunged and snapped at me 3 times as I was trying to persuade it that off the road was a safer life choice.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Great average speed, how did it go?
Honestly really fun. I shaved almost two minutes off my PR on the loop. I’ve done the loop like three times before and had a mechanical twice on the back side of the loop. Felt like I still had gas where I usually want to quit. I think I came third behind the other two aero dorks but in front of the regular bike riders. We will see. Either way it was great fun and I felt like I was flying.