Quantcast

∫∫∫∫∫∫ Sunday is for lovers ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up ass early clearing out the hotel, eating some breakfast, then off to the track. Let's see how she does.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
scrambled eggs with linguisa and a mug of espresso that could degrease an ngine block to kickstart my morning. I am amazed at how much better I sleep in the camper than at home. Maybe its time for a new mattress. One hour until the first ride of the day

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There’s Aussie monkeys, yeah? Anyone in Sydney? I might be going there for work in a couple weeks.

@HardtailHack where are you?
About two hours north of Sydney, I swear I can smell that shit hole when a Southerly blows on in.

Last time I was down there it looked a lot more sad than the previous visit, seemed Corona saw a lot of small businesses close for good and homelessness seemed to be up a bunch.

I heard some big bike shops have folded down there in the last few months.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Turns out KFC nuggets are not what my digestive system wanted, God damn!
And I don't think listening to electronic music at midnight is the key to a good night's sleep.
Fuck Monday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 10 miles this morning and it wore me the fuck out. :dead: Felt like I normally would after running 20 miles. I guess five weeks off will do that to you. I'm glad I got it done.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode bikes in the high country yesterday, going low country today for time reasons. Hopeful float in the new boat later in the heat of the day.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
About two hours north of Sydney, I swear I can smell that shit hole when a Southerly blows on in.

Last time I was down there it looked a lot more sad than the previous visit, seemed Corona saw a lot of small businesses close for good and homelessness seemed to be up a bunch.

I heard some big bike shops have folded down there in the last few months.
tOxIc pOsItiViTY!!!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode a bike, trimmed a tree, cleaned out the rain gutters in preparation of the stormy and rainy weather and tried to mow the lawn. Sit-on lawnmower decided to stop moving 5 mins in. Found one lose belt but for the life of me I cannot figure out which wheel it hopped off. :mad:
Doesn't help that you cannot access anything on it w/o disassembling the whole thing. Not feeling like doing this today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cannon Beach - Seattle today. Wife driving first stint

IMG_0606.jpeg

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
EOD update:
Practice was aggressive. K1 Haley is back in play. She allowed no passing allowed and minus one exit where she was losing the exit speed opportunity to pass, all up on another kid's ass. If she exits that corner properly (which she will now), she'll wrap him up by the end of the straight-away. As I told her, when you have nothing to lose, you have everything to gain - and it registered.

Final was a turn 1 mess 9-12. 10 pushed 9 off, 11 and 12 (Haley) both had to brake and were separated from the main pack, never catching up. The race was good, but she never closed the 3 kart gap enough to pass. The corner where he was faster he would walk 5 karts, which she would close back to 1 kart by the slow corner again.

Her fuel breather line popped off about half way through the race, which coated her leg with fuel, burning the hell out of it. We've discussed something like that being an immediate DNF to get off track, which she understands for next time.

Next race we'll be tenting out of the shop tent, so she'll be sitting with the kids getting coaching.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A very unusual 60 freedums and cloudy all day, so perfect riding temp, but with some humidity. So I still sweated like a mofo.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So spent a couple of days in Slate Valley. Really fun trails and gorgeous forest. Not a lot of gnar but a couple nice DH. Lots of miles to be had.

received_2389754967898073.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Update on the final - the kid ahead of her (who she couldn't catch) had a tentative fail in tech. Fuel must be Maverick 87 ethanol-free and he tested with 82, which is more powerful in their motors. That would explain why she could never close when he has been a consistently slower driver (lap time basis; really good at defending). So she might get bumped up to 11th. Cheating is cheating though, so...

Neighbor had a chance to look at her tires and she's not getting enough width from her tire wear, which also means she might have too much psi. That's a mechanic's issue, so I need to make sure that the tires are getting better wear and not too high psi.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Update on the final - the kid ahead of her (who she couldn't catch) had a tentative fail in tech. Fuel must be Maverick 87 ethanol-free and he tested with 82, which is more powerful in their motors. That would explain why she could never close when he has been a consistently slower driver (lap time basis; really good at defending). So she might get bumped up to 11th. Cheating is cheating though, so...

Neighbor had a chance to look at her tires and she's not getting enough width from her tire wear, which also means she might have too much psi. That's a mechanic's issue, so I need to make sure that the tires are getting better wear and not too high psi.
She should beat up the cheater. Hard.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It hit 100 at the horse show today. A good portion of those scheduled to ride in the afternoon said fuck no and scratched from the competition. Good Choice. I hung out in the camper with the ac blasting for a couple of minute at a time every 20 or so minutes to stay fresh to do EMS if called upon (and I was)