Quantcast

≈°°°≈ mondaymayfirst ≈°°°≈

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Doggo was barking like mad this morning and I think it's because she just had to poop. She doesn't bark much, and in fact that's the first time in probably a year I have heard her bark. She's got a cute bark! She stopped after I pooped her.

Completely unrelated, I finally got my pistol permit from the state of Connecticut Friday. The entire process took about three months, which honestly went faster than I thought it would.

Doggo was barking like mad this morning and I think it's because she just had to poop. She doesn't bark much, and in fact that's the first time in probably a year I have heard her bark. She's got a cute bark! She stopped after I pooped her.

Completely unrelated, I finally got my pistol permit from the state of Connecticut Friday. The entire process took about three months, which honestly went faster than I thought it would.
Exactly what does the permit allow you to do with a pistol?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Huh...I just got an e-mail that I earned a spot in the Ironman World Championship this year. :panic: Clearly the only reason I got an invite is because the race has been moved from Kona to Nice, France and slots aren't as coveted. Still, it's cool to get that invitation. I will most likely pass though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got a shipping notice from Rock Auto for Wednesday, so far they are the winner. After feeling defeated Saturday, getting shit done Sunday made me feel much better. The truck project is still daunting, but I feel like it's coming together and that is motivating. Moar coffee.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Busy weekend...
Went to Manhattan for a couple of days, had some family stuff, a little house work and a whole. lotta. rain. Hopefully things will dry out for some mid-week riding. We shall see.

Gotta get a service appointment for my car scheduled today, also hoping to hear back about a job I applied for (unrelated to the car service, just letting train of thought roll). I think that's it for today.

Last edited:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Were there any unexpected hoops or hang-ups that slowed the process, or was that the standard processing/wait time?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently I have a dentist appt today. I also slept like shit last night. I just realized it's because I was stressing about the race this weekend. Our pit spot isn't a pull-through, the exit lanes are relatively tight, and given the width of the spots, I might need to pull straight in so that we have access to the trailer. All of which means that I have to back the trailer out again. Oof.

Also just figured out that almost every exam prep course is on the weekend of Haley's Grand Junction race. That's a Thursday through Sunday race weekend and the courses are monthly Saturday through Monday 7am to 5pm. Wifey doesn't know enough to support her, so we'd need to have a local shop do the full support (transit and race day support), but we need to have someone who would handle the race schedule that's the issue. Gonna be a rough one to sort out.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Apparently I have a dentist appt today. I also slept like shit last night. I just realized it's because I was stressing about the race this weekend. Our pit spot isn't a pull-through, the exit lanes are relatively tight, and given the width of the spots, I might need to pull straight in so that we have access to the trailer. All of which means that I have to back the trailer out again. Oof.

Also just figured out that almost every exam prep course is on the weekend of Haley's Grand Junction race. That's a Thursday through Sunday race weekend and the courses are monthly Saturday through Monday 7am to 5pm. Wifey doesn't know enough to support her, so we'd need to have a local shop do the full support (transit and race day support), but we need to have someone who would handle the race schedule that's the issue. Gonna be a rough one to sort out.
"Get a kart," they said.

snow tires?
That reminds me... I should probably swap the snows for the summer tires soon. :think:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Escaped Hurricane scorched earth. So hot, so many people, so much trash everywhere. Faith in humanity rapidly dwindling.

Now in lesser known Cedar City. Hopefully the trails are cool.