Quantcast

≈≈Stormy Sunday GMT≈≈

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Biggest storm since 4 years here in Denmark. Made it through with only minor issues. Gate to the property got damaged, 3 smaller trees tipped over (didn't hit anything) and tons of branches all over the garden to clean up. Lucky!
Some colleagues living close to the coast are worried that the storm flood reaches their houses. Fingers crossed the water doesn't rise that high.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

More snow cleanup. Amazing how many non-plows were out last night at 8 pm. Where are you going people?

Nikon D5
The mirrorless craze has drove down the price on used pro bodies like crazy.
But oh is it worth the hype if you travel or hike with your camera. I hated having to schlep around a pro sized body and 2.8 glass. My Z6 and F4 zoom are a great, lightweight combo.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Nikon D5
The mirrorless craze has drove down the price on used pro bodies like crazy.
Nice! :thumb:
I know, but the mirrorless hype is real! At least with Canon it is so much of an upgrade. Insanely good AF down to F22, silent shutter (wildlife!) with high FPS and you can directly see how the pic will look like in the viewfinder.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
:wave:

More snow cleanup. Amazing how many non-plows were out last night at 8 pm. Where are you going people?

But oh is it worth the hype if you travel or hike with your camera. I hated having to schlep around a pro sized body and 2.8 glass. My Z6 and F4 zoom are a great, lightweight combo.
There is no way around 2.8 or better. Fast glass will stay fast glass.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Most of the stuff I’ll shoot with this body I’ll have a bag of shit with me so weight doesn’t matter as much.
I was on the Z6ii fence for a while, the low light capability are what I was really after. I rented one a couple times, I know it’s silly, but I’m huge and have big hands. I just didn’t like the feel.
But as @Toshi said. I gotsta has my bokehz. 1.4 prime all day.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No new camera bits here. An advanced point and shoot would be a nice addition to my thru hiking kit.
With the quality of cell phone cameras nowadays, is a separate cam necessary for thru hiking?

We have a Sony A6000 and Canon S100 that now live in a drawer since we got our pixel phones.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
With the quality of cell phone cameras nowadays, is a separate cam necessary for thru hiking?

We have a Sony A6000 and Canon S100 that now live in a drawer since we got our pixel phones.
My Samsung cell camera is trash. It'll take okay pictures if the lighting is decent, but it's straight garbage otherwise. My wife's iPhone is better by a noticeable margin.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I don't need it like I used to for my walking around lens. And for those times I do, I still have the adapter. My 70-200 F2.8 will always have a home in my bag.
Funny enough, for Canon the RF 70-200 2.8 is smaller and lighter than the EF. Now, the RF 70-200 F4 is even more so, so I guess your point stands.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi friends

about 12-18" here depending on area and drifts. Probably 15" in most areas. Less than expected, but it is wicked cold and still blustery out there. Hoping to get out for sledding but it might be too cold to spend much time out.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

I get a few decent shots with an iPhone 11. Problem is that I am so used to shitty iPhone pics that I often don’t bother pulling out the phone. But like you said they are improving and I’ll get the latest iTimeWaster before I start my hike. Should spend some time learning how to take better pics with it though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Youngest just made blueberry pancakes for brunch...yum! Taught a trumpet lesson and did some grading this morning. Next up venturing out into the cold and more MF planning of course. Also planning our trip to the Grand Canyon this summer (pre-Monkeyfest).

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Fuck. That. Shit.
You guys with your fancy schmancy zooms. #primesordeath
While I love good primes, they are just not matching my useage profile. Only primes I own are the RF800 and a macro, because there are no zoom alternatives.
I would so love to have the RF600 F4 though. :drool: But it is too:fancy: for me.