Quantcast

⌫⌫ Sine dray ⌦︎⌦︎

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey bros
little homie has his belated birthday party today. April was a whirlwind so it took us a bit to get it together. Of course, any sort of social gathering means crippling anxiety for the spouse so no ride on this beautiful morning. Will try later when I get a huge amount of guilt because reasons.

Finished out the soccer season with a tie yesterday, that makes 10-0-1. Our last season was 0-10-1, so that's pretty dank.

Also fixed up a broken seatpost binder with JB Weld. We'll see if it holds but I'm excited.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yesterday was a terrible hangover after three weak drinks and a very late Friday. WTF? Chiro visit, then a bbq at a friend of a friend's, then scooted downtown to see Franz Ferdinand open for Pixies.

There's no better band than Pixies, ever, but...the new stuff is pretty weak. I hate being that guy, but Black Francis > Frank Black.

I will grudgingly admit that I think the new bassist may exceed Kim Deal, musically. But I do wonder if her presence was part of why the earlier lyrics were better? Or was Black Francis just having more to say back then? The lyrics used to be so figurative, and now it seems they're mostly narrative.

Off to the Subaru mines. Fixed the shifter on Friday, hoping to get tie rod ends and strut top replacement finished today.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Makin' bacon and waffles for the family and have our final gymnastics events of the year tonight and tomorrow. 2 more full days with my HSers then exams and a full week with my MSers plus 4 half days....not that I'm counting. Good times!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Watching the tail end of LM24, overall a great race, but again, would rather watch GT than hypercar.

Wife comes home today so I will do a quick once over the house so she doesn't freak. She will still start cleaning as soon as she's home because that's what she does. But if the house has been mopped, she can't say much. :rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode at a trail that belongs to a school here. Holy hell, they change stuff all the time. The kids have time I guess? While I usally like the more natural stuff, this is all berms, jumps and such but soooo good! Feels like a single dual slalom course on nearly flat ground with small but punchy climbs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bike park for dh laps not happening today. Between yesterdays long road ride, pack to leave for vaca next Saturday, and my son showing signs of croup the responsible decision had to be made.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Corvette Racing, one car entered, class win and 26th overall. Not a bad sendoff, but a factory backed team will be missed. I hope some strong privateers take it over.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
woot slept in until after 8 am. Have to drop by the office then go to the barn and load hay into the horse trailer for the wife and check the trailer tire pressure. after that it will depend on whatever mood I'm in.

I should probably feed the dogs and consume espresso before attempting the above list.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There's all these lovely driveways to aid with a 3 point turn, but yet these fools managed to still find the ditch with the back of their truck.

The drive shaft is on the ground, so I went and told them to stop mindlessly spinning tires, you're going to break something. They're still out there digging a bigger hole. :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had a cool chat with Haley while Wifey is off at swim with Hannah. She wants to learn a relatively hard song on viola, so lessons is it because she's not getting there with just school. She needs to do a normal sport too (Wifey is pushing for it - I think in the hopes that she walks from karting), so she has decided to do volleyball. She's been given the task of finding volleyball through the rec center and music lessons.

Her biggest focus is still karting, so she needs to work around that. She's started following a couple women who are younger (16-20) professional drivers in Formula race classes, so she definitely has women that she looks up to like she did with skiing. I "caught" her watching F1 clips on YouTube this morning, which obviously isn't normal for most 11y/o girls, but kind of confirms for me that she is on this focus path. I can't coach her for outdoors so for her to get faster, it's just going to be about time in the seat and real coaching. She wants to have the shop owner, who does coaching, spend time with her to see what she needs to do to get better. I don't even have her kart yet and she's already figuring out how to spend more money on it... But she's decided that she wants to be better and be competitive outdoors. She doesn't like that she's been getting stuck back of pack (largely due to mechanicals) and needs to be in the competitive group.

It is really nice to see that she's so focused on doing things - reading, viola, karting (activity), her math, etc. - without being pushed super hard. We've been doing everything we can to not the be 'yell/angry/live vicariously parents', just providing the ability to go down the path when it is of interest. She still has zone-out on her phone wasted time, but not too bad.

Hannah's a bit more difficult, but I think she's following the same path as Haley - focus on interests, explore new ideas. She's pretty focused on gymnastics and won't let us forget when she has it on Tuesday's.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Volcano was neat as heck. Pictures not doing it justice or really giving sense of scale. According to the Park Service, the fountains on the left of the picture are reaching heights of around 30 feet.

IMG_20230611_063927.jpg

IMG_20230611_064011.jpg

Also went to the botanical garden in Hilo and I've never seen so many orchids. That place was also incredible.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Volcano was neat as heck. Pictures not doing it justice or really giving sense of scale. According to the Park Service, the fountains on the left of the picture are reaching heights of around 30 feet.

View attachment 195124

View attachment 195125

Also went to the botanical garden in Hilo and I've never seen so many orchids. That place was also incredible.
Very cool. I hope to be able to see something like that before I perish.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
tell her to get a job
CO hasn't made it legal for 11y/o's yet. I'm just going to add it to my adtl years of until retirement... Might force her college savings down some though. To a certain point you need to live now - just not all of it - which is why so many people have spending issues.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yesterday was a terrible hangover after three weak drinks and a very late Friday.
Age called. I'm kind of glad that I stopped drinking because of that. But damn if I don't get a wicked hangover when I have just a glass of wine now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
update: looks like feeding tube up teh kiddo's nose for 5 days and then they evaluate to see how internal healing is. if all's well then tube out, another day or so of monitoring, then home. he's hanging in there like a trooper. he's going to try walking around later today to see how it feels.

home for a bit to take care of a few things then back over to the hospital.

carry on!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
update: looks like feeding tube up teh kiddo's nose for 5 days and then they evaluate to see how internal healing is. if all's well then tube out, another day or so of monitoring, then home. he's hanging in there like a trooper. he's going to try walking around later today to see how it feels.

home for a bit to take care of a few things then back over to the hospital.

carry on!
Good to hear! Let him know that he has a team of online dudes that want him to get better. :think:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Yeah because that’s not creepy and weird at all.

In other news, it was a real pretty day to take the dogs for a walk. Until one of them stepped on a red ant hill and got bit all over one of his paws… poor guy is traumatized. I mean, he’s also neurotic and overly dramatic, but still.

IMG_7225.jpeg

Last edited: