Quantcast

⌫⌫ Sine dray ⌦︎⌦︎

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
update: looks like feeding tube up teh kiddo's nose for 5 days and then they evaluate to see how internal healing is. if all's well then tube out, another day or so of monitoring, then home. he's hanging in there like a trooper. he's going to try walking around later today to see how it feels.

home for a bit to take care of a few things then back over to the hospital.

carry on!
What the hell did I miss? Heal up little dude!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
There be a thunderstorm rolling through. One lightning flash was close and bright enough that my eye has a blind spot 3min later. Guess that was bad timing to look up? One more day where I don't need to keep delaying turn the sprinklers on.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, I didn't get to ride dh today, but I did ride with my daughter and took her on her first singletrack which is equally awesome. She thoroughly enjoyed it and asked when we can go again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Floyd Hill was ridden w/group and all

then Costco, after which I carted eldest kid across the neighborhood via the cargo bike

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just realized that the section I have been studying all day, and killing myself over, is supposed to be the last section for study. No wonder it was so fucking demoralizing and I was struggling with practice tests - all the tests are assuming hard based underlying of the other stuff so that you finish going through the hardest possible and the real test is easier. Dammit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
check yesterday's gmt...long story short little guy stabbed himself in the stomach with his bar end during a wreck riding dh with me and one of his buddies and got his first helicopter ride as a result. ruptured duodendum.
Could be worse, coulda Johnny Knoxvilled himself

Hope he heals up just fine, and that if his first helo ride was a life flight it was at least on something cool, not some bullshit Jetstar.

In other kids on bikes news, took the kiddo to the park for a few hours this morning, and a group of 10-12 year olds showed up on their bikes. The "crappy" one of the bunch was a Cove, but the rest were all riding something carbon, one had Enve wheels, all rocking brand new jerseys and the latest sick-bro shades and helmets. WTF, who buys a 10 year old a $5k bike to roll to the park on?

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lightning followed by thunder less than a second after is really, really loud

true story

(My 10 year old’s bike was $4,662 w/tax per the receipt I just looked up… Trailcraft Maxwell 26. Crabon wheels and bars, FS, KS Lev, 1 x 12 XT group. Her first real bike.)

IMG_9182.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley beat me today. Traffic, but two laps faster than me and I never dropped her, even with traffic.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
won't ride it for 3yrs
I held on to grip shifters, and still have like 5 shocks 2010 that don't fit anything sitting in my garage. Cryin on the wrong shoulder. Hold on to the thing until it's time.

In all seriousness, the 'my kid has the latest shit' when it comes to things like bikes always struck me as a reflection of the parents' vanity more than anything else. They won't legit hate you until the early teens so take advantage where you can.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I held on to grip shifters, and still have like 5 shocks 2010 that don't fit anything sitting in my garage. Cryin on the wrong shoulder. Hold on to the thing until it's time.

In all seriousness, the 'my kid has the latest shit' when it comes to things like bikes always struck me as a reflection of the parents' vanity more than anything else. They won't legit hate you until the early teens so take advantage where you can.
Well, it's a two-part look.

1) Haley's not using it and we can get away with a much cheaper HT that will fit for a long time and use the funds elsewise.

2) Will Hannah even want to ride mtb then? Realistically, I'm not riding at this point, which means she's not. She's doing gymnastics and swimming, and she wants to start soccer. Plus she'll likely want to follow Haley into karting and whatever else, assuming she doesn't dial into her own sports.

What's the point of having a really nice FS trail bike if she's likely not going to ride it? I can easily pull a few grand out of it, take a grand for Haley's replacement bike, and put the rest towards karting.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
check yesterday's gmt...long story short little guy stabbed himself in the stomach with his bar end during a wreck riding dh with me and one of his buddies and got his first helicopter ride as a result. ruptured duodendum.
Just read that GMT. Scary stuff! Hope he’s feeling better quick!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Recall that I have 3 kids so things get used multiple times. And this was a bike that is sized right for her all around (152 mm cranks, eat your heart out rideit!), and going lighter makes a lot more sense when one weighs 68 lb.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It is really firing down here, HUGE lightning
Weather just said 5" if rain in 2 hours near Greeley. That's a lot of soggy cows but a damn good job that didn't happen up one of the canyons.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah sell it.

That should cover one yz125 motor for the kart
And... Wifey just said save it for Hannah. Wouldn't even listen to the reasoning why we should turn it. Oh well. I can only do what I can.