Quantcast

⌫ Distress heave ⌦︎

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Snow machine has finally started up high. Glad to see it pilling up. This storm should allow many places to open more terrain.

Apparently I have a package being delivered today. Hmmm....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi pals! Working in the office today. Ozzy's Boneyard on the Sirius is playing metal Xmas songs. I heard the Lemmy/Dave Grohl/Billy Gibbons version of Run, Run Rudolph this morning during my drive and now my heart is smiling.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still awaiting PCR results. Hoping to go karting today, but only at opening else it will be a cluster fuck, so we need those results early. My other "stay busy" project is to stain the butcher block, but paint store is still working on matching the stain.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
trying to be nice and get a covid test before mil drives down. got to the testing place at 8:30 (it opens at 9:00); prolly 100 cars ahead of me. can someone bring me a fresh cup of coffee?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
First test back - Haley is negative.
Wifey is negative.
Hannah is "inconclusive". Back to the home test. Well that was negative. Hannah's best friend's mom is a Dr and pushing us to get another real test.
Amplification of viral targets is present, but the amplification is not above the analytical cut off value required to interpret the sample as positive. Repeat testing is recommended.
Hannah's best friend is positive. 6/20 kids now. School is closed, so we can't confirm if any adtl.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Stupidity alert, The surrounding counties have already declared a state of emergency for possible snow that is forecasted at .25" to possibly fall starting tomorrow sometime.

I dont miss the harsh winters but I guess the mild winters are where all the tards hang out.
T+P

Good luck.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last day of a disappointing Christmas season. Unless I make a huge sale today, which is unlikely, I will not be adding any money to the thru hiking fund. Hmph indeed.
Just sent a buddy your info for his ring. Not sure on status re: him picking one out, but there you go. If you get a call from a dude in DC, cheers.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Merry Christmas fellow simians! May Baby Jeebus be merciful on your soul and make all your wishes come true.

I am going to spend the day cooking and pretending to make our place moar cozy because traditions.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I did something stupid.
Normally there is a ham in addition to the ubiquitous turkey over at the 'rents.
Offered to smoke a brisket instead of having ham.
Now I gotta get up at like 4 am to fire up the smoker Christmas morning.
What the fuck was I thinking?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I did something stupid.
Normally there is a ham in addition to the ubiquitous turkey over at the 'rents.
Offered to smoke a brisket instead of having ham.
Now I gotta get up at like 4 am to fire up the smoker Christmas morning.
What the fuck was I thinking?
yea but you'll be up for first 4:20

:drag:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Monarch got 10" last night, pass is closed. Up to 13 more predicted today.
20" in 12 hours at Crusty Butt. :shocked:

now if you were here in California....Kirkwood has been getting 24" per day of snow
You spelled "gloppy snot" wrong. :homer:

144 inches total on top of a 54 inch base
I gotta say... this makes me jelly. That's a quality base before Xmas.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Attempted to do Amazon returns at Whole Foods, holy crap, most crowded parking lot I’ve seen in a decade, took my 15 minutes just to loop back around and GTFO

Otherwise it’s rainy as shit so this is kind of a waste of a day off. Can’t ride, can’t mow the lawn, don’t have lumber for my whiskey cabinet build, can’t take the kiddo for a hike. At least Christmas is almost over, just 36 more hours.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weather forecast is calling for freezing rain and a fraction of an inch of ice covering isht tomorrow. Studded tires are entering the chat soon.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Oh well HECK :mad:

Today was put on snow tires day. Got front wheels swapped, jacked up the rear and POOF, my jack fails. I tried bleeding it but I got nothing. So, mismatched wheels on an AWD Audi, and I ran out of time before the rain/snow started outside.

So, I guess I'm day drinking now. Merry Christmas Eve! :cheers:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
What a fun ride it was! Some steep DH are riding primo since there not to much snow.

Tourists season has started, saw my first (2021disclaimer, not a racist comment, just usual occurrence in our neck of the wood) Asian couple with city shoes on our snowshoe trails.