free wieners
Today in history...

Samuel Morse made 1st public demonstration of telegraph
Great Northern Railway connects Seattle with east coast
New Mexico becomes 47th state
Stock brokerage firm of Merrill Lynch founded
1st diesel engine automobile trip completed

In other news,

Slept like shit after working on the coach all night. River is back up again, tired of worrying about it, if anything happens it will just be a insurance claim. Lenses should show up today, too bad its raining otherwise I would be testing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Today in history...

Samuel Morse made 1st public demonstration of telegraph
Great Northern Railway connects Seattle with east coast
New Mexico becomes 47th state
Stock brokerage firm of Merrill Lynch founded
1st diesel engine automobile trip completed
Did you not forget an insurrection on your list?

:wave: WFH

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Oh, HAI GUYS!
Remember that time a bunch of Brian's attempted a coup because they love freedom so much?

In other news, Oncologists office called me late yesterday to say doc was "under the weather" so I'm having my appointment via phone today. Since that's happening, I picked up a shift of OT and I'll just close the office door at 10 this morning. Airport saying -8 with windchill right now. Fuckity brrr......

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
50% off everything at the garden center so the plant junky had to go. A cultivar of Pinus Stobus, small cypres and some perennials with focus on insect friendly kind.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi all
I have a CT scan scheduled today due to vertigo and increased migraine frequency. Largely preventive (JUST IN CASE) sort of stuff but I am more concerned about going to the hospital than getting it done.

Day 2 of "Got my ass out of bed" which always makes me feel nice. WFH due to omichronic

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Barely got five hours of sleep. Really should throw some weight on my back and hit the rocks for several hours, or take a nap. Could go either way. But first I need to fire up le French Press.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
We got some weather related work from home shit goin' on here. It's been over a year since I last did this, so it took some time to remember how to log into all the things. Not much on my plate anyway, so it's mostly monitoring email and riding monkeys.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We got about 6" up front and maybe 4" in the back last night

eh eh. At least it's light snow this time around since it's so cold. 2 Freedoms this morning.

Denver Public Schools canceled their shit outright instead of delaying. I left the Land Cruiser for the wife so that she can shuttle kiddos to the youngest kid's gymnastics class (while elder kids happily read/play on iPads).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Relative heat wave after weeks of cold weather and snow in the mountains have closed all passes over the Cascades in the state with extreme avalanche warnings for all elevations and conditions. It is going to get spicy out there.

Halfway through installing carpet tiles in the house. When I moved in I just threw down a random arrangment of rugs to protect the softwood floors from the dogs nails. This looks a little more civilized. I do not enjoy adulting.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Don't hire your children and don't work for your parents.

GOD DAMN. Been out since July. They don't know how to fix anything and call me in desperation. Then they say they wish I would have a change of heart. I bring up the reasons I left and they refute my experiences, calling them 'narratives.' Maybe I'm not the one living in a fictional story here.

Actually, any company that whacks the people pointing out legitimate problems rather than facing the problems is not worth your time.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Don't hire your children and don't work for your parents.

GOD DAMN. Been out since July. They don't know how to fix anything and call me in desperation. Then they say they wish I would have a change of heart. I bring up the reasons I left and they refute my experiences, calling them 'narratives.' Maybe I'm not the one living in a fictional story here.

Actually, any company that whacks the people pointing out legitimate problems rather than facing the problems is not worth your time.
story time?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Relative heat wave after weeks of cold weather and snow in the mountains have closed all passes over the Cascades in the state with extreme avalanche warnings for all elevations and conditions. It is going to get spicy out there.

Halfway through installing carpet tiles in the house. When I moved in I just threw down a random arrangment of rugs to protect the softwood floors from the dogs nails. This looks a little more civilized. I do not enjoy adulting.
What are carpet tiles?