Quantcast

═╬═ where's wednesderp ═╬═

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I can deal with humidity, it's the humanity that ruins tourist locals for me
my wife has been prodding me about my potentially taking the kids to disney world. i have explained my disdain, as it is the trifecta from hell of the 3 things i hate most, especially when on vacation:

-large crowds
-long lines
-overpriced everything

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Fucking lingering covid symptoms in my lungs are sucky. Not a fan. In other news...

Donut peaches are here. I was eating them. Then I was eating some apricots. Fruit tastes better off the tree.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
my wife has been prodding me about my potentially taking the kids to disney world. i have explained my disdain, as it is the trifecta from hell of the 3 things i hate most, especially when on vacation:

-large crowds
-long lines
-overpriced everything
I feel the exact same way about Disneyland, although that may be an apples to different-kind-of-apples comparison. It's way too crowded, the wait times are ridiculous, and everything is 10x as expensive as it should be. But, the kids absolutely love it. And if I'm being honest, I have a pretty damn good time with them there.

I am fully aware that I am the prime demographic for Disney: Dumbass Dad who loves (spoils?) his kids.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I feel the exact same way about Disneyland, although that may be an apples to different-kind-of-apples comparison. It's way too crowded, the wait times are ridiculous, and everything is 10x as expensive as it should be. But, the kids absolutely love it. And if I'm being honest, I have a pretty damn good time with them there.

I am fully aware that I am the prime demographic for Disney: Dumbass Dad who loves his kids.
You can love your kids and NOT take them to Disney. :D

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Bak in LA, pulled an all nighter and dipped in and out of twinkle zone before the flight. Slept most of it. Cranky screaming kid woke me and my inner cranky screaming kid so I had to calm me down for a while. Bike made it safe, Cubans must have fallen out the window, I’m going back to work and pretending none of this ever happened.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

-large crowds
-long lines
-overpriced everything
My wife insists we go to Disneyland once a year, I've learned to accept it and that it's worth just taking a day off work and going on a weekday to minimize crowds. Also going early december is key, it's nice and cool, all the christmas shit is up so it's magical is fuck, and most people wait until it's a bit closer to chrsitmas for their family trips.

It helps that no plane travel or hotels are involved. Hawaii can fuck right off, long flight, expensive hotels, food that makes Disney look cheap, no desire to ever go back unless I somehow start a social media empire and can buy half an island like the Zuk did.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i put the black keys ticket up for sale...ticketmaster will not let you sell for below face value....

heat/humidity is more than i want to deal with...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
A guess: Larger scale structures will fail, internet, power grids, etc. Then a lot of people will die from hunger, thirst, reciprocal murder... Then small populations as tribal groups, with the usual warfare and slavery, especially for women.
How does this differ from an average Tuesday in most places?

I’m actually not sure if I’m making a joke or asking a legitimate question here

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A guess: Larger scale structures will fail, internet, power grids, etc. Then a lot of people will die from hunger, thirst, reciprocal murder... Then small populations as tribal groups, with the usual warfare and slavery, especially for women.
Isn't that Texas most weeks?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Challenged by my friend Amy and her boyfriend to a Frisbee session. My neighbor's joined in. It was fun. We are grilling hotdogs and making Hibachi patty melts. I have no idea what kind of wine this is but it awesome!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
La Spezia. Mmmmm. If y’all find yourself on the south side of Kauai in the future eat here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not sure how heavy your camera is, but on the R6 it is a walk-around lens. And that comes from a dude that has a cyclist's body type (= no upper body strength). ;)
not sure....

i imagine the 50R weighs about as much as another brick masquerading as a camera.. panasonic S1....

will weigh it tonight...

Last edited: