Quantcast

□■Middle of the meh□■

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stans Race sealant can't handle the injector. Pain in the ass. It works great though. Worth breaking the bead for. I use a CO2 cartridge to seat the bead again. Totally worth the effort.
Stans Race is just regular sealant with perlite in it. You can just throw a scoop of dry perlite int he tire and use whatever sealant you want. I love Stans build something from the hardware store approach, but that also means it is easy to reverse engineer.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Stans Race is just regular sealant with perlite in it. You can just throw a scoop of dry perlite int he tire and use whatever sealant you want. I love Stans build something from the hardware store approach, but that also means it is easy to reverse engineer.
It’s also the shortest lived sealant of all. It turns to a useless ball of latex shit pretty fast.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It’s also the shortest lived sealant of all. It turns to a useless ball of latex shit pretty fast.
I don't wear tires out nearly quickly enough to run Stan's, I'm still running the Tune stuff coz I'm lazy and it lasts close to a year. I ride like a sook so I don't punch big holes through tires but I doubt the Tune stuff would seal much of a hole.