Quantcast

◇◇◇ it's Thursday, slackers! ◇◇◇

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
and..... I now have virtually no ability to get healthcare insurance outside of my current employer. Fuck you Republicans. I hope all of your voting constituency realizes the consequences of their actions when they die because they don't have the ability to get insurance anymore.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Kill list?

Where you thinking of riding and what time?

edit:
Frame for sale and someone on Craigslist wants to pay via paypal.

KILL LIST

Tempted to take their transfer and then give them the local PD/Sheriff address or send them miles up into the mountains on a wild goose chase.
I'm outta here at 3 and will be at some trailhead at 330 or so. Was thinking either Chimpex or White Ranch. I guarantee I will be slow. Like, really slow. Like one of those glacier things I will be able to tell my grandchildren about.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
and..... I now have virtually no ability to get healthcare insurance outside of my current employer. Fuck you Republicans. I hope all of your voting constituency realizes the consequences of their actions when they die because they don't have the ability to get insurance anymore.
The way they go on and on about heaven and Jesus death sounds like sweet salvation to them.

Me? I'm riding this life out cause I'm 99.9% sure that once the lights go out that's it. The thought has scared the shit out of me since I was a kid and I can't say I welcome it any more now though I suppose there really are no alternatives. At least I can take solace in the idea that if there is a heaven I imagine I'm a good candidate as I've never done anything shitty like vote to take away the ability of millions of strangers to live their lives.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It would probably work for her. Wifey is 5'6" and it's a tiny bit small for her. I can bring it on our next ride for you so that she can take it for a few rides. I don't have a picture of it, but it's this one
That'd be awesome if she could try it out. She's nervous about standover.

I'm outta here at 3 and will be at some trailhead at 330 or so. Was thinking either Chimpex or White Ranch. I guarantee I will be slow. Like, really slow. Like one of those glacier things I will be able to tell my grandchildren about.
White Ranch is free of snow. Tiny bits of mud on Whippletree and Longhorn before the upper creek crossing but generally dry and tacky. I set particularly slow times on my ride today as I was riding with a rather timid co-worker and had to stop often as a result.

Anyone free to ride this upcoming Wednesday, starting late morning (11?) or early afternoon? I took the whole day off on sick time for a 9 AM dentist appointment.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That'd be awesome if she could try it out. She's nervous about standover.

White Ranch is free of snow. Tiny bits of mud on Whippletree and Longhorn before the upper creek crossing but generally dry and tacky. I set particularly slow times on my ride today as I was riding with a rather timid co-worker and had to stop often as a result.

Anyone free to ride this upcoming Wednesday, starting late morning (11?) or early afternoon? I took the whole day off on sick time for a 9 AM dentist appointment.
The old "timid coworker" excuse. Classic! ;)

Thank you for the trail update! I should probably punish myself with the excursion up Belcher.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
White trillium is in full bloom.
Red ones here have already popped.

There is one particular local ride spot that has a valley which is covered in trilliums. One of those sights that you just have to stop and admire, I go out of my way to ride that trail in the spring, even though its a crappy trail.

Will have to get a better picture that this one taken with my potato...

Can also jump through the flowers, if that's your sort of thing.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm fucked too. Literally spent 30 minutes talking with my shrink this morning about how much I hate my godforsaken, soulless, Kafkaesque, dehumanizing job, only to hear this on the radio in the jeep on the way home. And if this passes I'm even more stuck than I was before. But at least Brian can send his kid to college.

The way they go on and on about heaven and Jesus death sounds like sweet salvation to them.

Me? I'm riding this life out cause I'm 99.9% sure that once the lights go out that's it. The thought has scared the shit out of me since I was a kid and I can't say I welcome it any more now though I suppose there really are no alternatives. At least I can take solace in the idea that if there is a heaven I imagine I'm a good candidate as I've never done anything shitty like vote to take away the ability of millions of strangers to live their lives.
I for one, welcome the sweet release that death will bring.

Time to start drinking. :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The old "timid coworker" excuse. Classic! ;)

Thank you for the trail update! I should probably punish myself with the excursion up Belcher.
Are you WR or Chimpex today?

If the latter Wife and I are going to start that loop down Apex soon, so might catch up on Chimney.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
70 degrees and sunny! Did a 30 mile short road ride, felt incredible not having winter clothes on. I could get used to this...meanwhile, there is still 120" on the ground above 10k. Gonna be a lot of r0@d riding this spring...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I might ditch a day of work once I get the Yeti running again. Weekday bike ride?
Yes... let's make this happen. Perhaps I'll finagle the MegaTrail demo to coincide with shenanigans.

Oh - and another day of work and housing-related skullfuckery. Kid broke the diverter on the kid-bathroom tub... so I pull off the old spout and go to find that it's some proprietary sized bullshit that they don't do any more. :rant:

So I got a replacement spout, sweated off the old brass adapter, sweated on the new adapter, and mounted up the new spout.

Instead of a 20 minute job (INCLUDING getting the new spout) it turned into a 3 hour fuckfest, including taking shit back more than once that didn't work. :mad:

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
does anyone remember how to get square taper spindles to stop creaking? My "new" commuter (I got it last october) has them, and I pretty much have to snug up the bolts every other ride to keep it quiet. Is it simply a question of putting loctite on the bolt threads? It's getting ridiculous. fucking square taper bottom brackets.
Plumbers tape will take care of that. Wrap a single layer around the spindle and install the crank.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yes... let's make this happen. Perhaps I'll finagle the MegaTrail demo to coincide with shenanigans.

Oh - and another day of work and housing-related skullfuckery. Kid broke the diverter on the kid-bathroom tub... so I pull off the old spout and go to find that it's some proprietary sized bullshit that they don't do any more. :rant:

So I got a replacement spout, sweated off the old brass adapter, sweated on the new adapter, and mounted up the new spout.

Instead of a 20 minute job (INCLUDING getting the new spout) it turned into a 3 hour fuckfest, including taking shit back more than once that didn't work. :mad:
please tell me your plumbing involved beer. right? right?!?

spent the day showing a visiting artist around town; introduced her, listened to her lecture, chatted with folks, drank a crappy beer, came home and drank good beer.

now to find where i stashed the tix to take the fam to aaa baseball game tomorrow. i hate it when i hide things from myself...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dirt trails were ridden for 23.5 miles and 4100 ft vert (two laps of chimpex).

Middle half was ridden with @Adventurous and thoroughly enjoyed.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got back to the office at 17:30hrs figured i could blast home and get in a ride...no such luck. at the end of a 10 hour shift i had to do the management thing and train the new guy on wheelchair securement and lift operations for paratrasit drivers. sucks to be the only nationally certified instructor on staff ( liability insurance requirement).

so I did a hard blast of intervals on the spin bike when I got home at 20:00 hrs

it burns priest, it burns