Quantcast

◇◇ Saturday MT ◇◇

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Day #14 with miserable sleep, this is getting old now.

Did the brakes on my bro's car yesterday. Went smoothly minus the calipers needing to be replaced and bled. Was much needed.

Today we might go to the pellet stove place.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. Looking at cost to replace a cat on the M. I might finally go aftermarket on something vs. keeping it OEM, because the PX difference is over $1000. Fuel pump itself isn't cheap, but process beyond being annoying, shouldn't be too bad. Light module won't be too bad and is cheap.

After the sale fell through because of the issues, Wifey went on a rant about how much she hates it and it's only been a problem since we've gotten it. I reminded her that it's been far more reliable than her Infiniti, which got a "at least it has a warranty". Which when I reminded her she was pushed/suckered into, I got an "I don't want to argue about this", but not in a good way. Ending with, at least it didn't need a $35k deck probably was not the right way to finish that conversation though... Looks like we'll be keeping it for a while.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Awake. Looking at cost to replace a cat on the M. I might finally go aftermarket on something vs. keeping it OEM, because the PX difference is over $1000. Fuel pump itself isn't cheap, but process beyond being annoying, shouldn't be too bad. Light module won't be too bad and is cheap.

After the sale fell through because of the issues, Wifey went on a rant about how much she hates it and it's only been a problem since we've gotten it. I reminded her that it's been far more reliable than her Infiniti, which got a "at least it has a warranty". Which when I reminded her she was pushed/suckered into, I got an "I don't want to argue about this", but not in a good way. Ending with, at least it didn't need a $35k deck probably was not the right way to finish that conversation though... Looks like we'll be keeping it for a while.
Does that thing even need a cat at this point? If so, I'd just gut what's on there to pass visual inspection.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Went to a fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis the other night, hosted by some mountain biking friends who’s daughter has MS. Another friend who makes custom frame bags sewed up and donated two pair of super sweet custom beer koozies, and a third (fourth?) friend won both pair in the raffle. He gave two of them to me, which is rad. I suspect I’ll be riding bikes today, and then drinking beer from a can tucked neatly into one of these Bad Larry’s later...

12637542-6753-46F7-A6B9-DAD560A6DD8C.jpeg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Does that thing even need a cat at this point? If so, I'd just gut what's on there to pass visual inspection.
It's triggering an failed cat on the computer. And CO requires emissions testing, so yes.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Got a txt from my sister. Hospice nurse says he has a very short time left. He is 96 and had a great life. Last time I spoke with him was last week. He said he was ready ,
not being able to get out of bed is no way to live. I'm going to miss him

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Got a txt from my sister. Hospice nurse says he has a very short time left. He is 96 and had a great life. Last time I spoke with him was last week. He said he was ready ,
Sorry to hear eric.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sorry to hear Eric. 96 is a hell of a time though. He's probably enjoyed it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sorry, Eric.

I agree with Nick re car, Stoney: just credit the buyer and be done with it.

BBQ at a co-workers this afternoon but not too much else of substance today.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
rearranging half of the fucking rooms in the house, per wife's request, which of course involved the ever-so-pleasurable visit to ilea last night as well as the awesome task of hauling shit back and forth from the attic. le ugh.

hoping to get a shakedown ride in for the new fork/front wheel today or tomorrow.

still coffeeing it nao.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

///Marriage

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Give him a call. Visit if you can. You'll never regret it

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Give him a call. Visit if you can. You'll never regret it
He did a few weeks ago, iirc. Drove the Mercedes down I-5, etc. But he also said he's in the middle of working 30 something days straight due to signing up for the weekend EMT gigs…

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DH was uber fun with wifey.

I had that sinking feeling on the first time up in the gondola noticing my DHX2 is leaking oil on the shaft. Day 1 of vacation with a bunch of DH planned in the near future and I need to send my DH shock for service :/

Annoying as it hasn't got a ton of time on it.