Quantcast

○○○Frozen Friday GMT○○○

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Too much eliptcal at the gym yesterday means hurty legs today so early morning heroics will have to be provided by IRB.

Now that its full on winter I will be working weekends and taking Tuesdays and Thursdays off. If I like it I may consider a permanent change for the next year allowing for numerous 3 day weekends. Then I can explore trails and camping without the need for reservations, planning and people dodging.

What is up for your weekend?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wife just left on a two week business trip. first week at the Detroit offices and the second week at the Mexico City office. I would skip that first week if I were her. Moar coffee for me. Raining since Wednesday night but it is supposed to clear out by Saturday night so looks like Gym tomorrow and road ride Sunday as the clay soil trails will be utter slop.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Had a nice ride in about 2" of snow last night. Just enough to make all the roots and rocks slideable. Perfect conditions for a set of cut down spikes, which I don't own in 27.5.
I did find 2 cracked eyelets in my rear rim last night before my ride. Probably have 3 now. I have been on the stock wheelset that came on my bike for the last 2 seasons. They are 28 spoke WTB i23's on DT 240 hubs. I am amazed that they even lasted one season, let alone 2 of me beating the shit out them 4+ days a week. We are slated to get 5-8" of snow on Monday so it could not have come at a better time.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Boss is out today, which means my day just got that much more awesome. Thank the FSM this week is over, talk about a dragger. At this point though I'm really just counting down the days til Christmas vacation, FTS.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
wife just left on a two week business trip. first week at the Detroit offices and the second week at the Mexico City office. I would skip that first week if I were her.
i'd pass on both cities...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran last night - 4.5 miles/50min. I'm pretty sure the indoor running setting on my watch is not accurate. I ran at what should be a mid-9's pace and it said I was sitting around 10:10. I think I need to get more outside mileage for it to get smart enough to gauge my stride for indoor.
Off to dinner and Zoo Lights with some friends tonight, then a butt ton of to do's this weekend. It will not be a fun weekend - 80min run Saturday, 50 mile roadie Sunday.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cooking for a Irish Family this weekend. Lots of weird stuff. Lots of Booze, Bangers, and Beans. My Family has a recipe for Baked Beans I am planning to share with someone for the first time. We shall see. Unlimited budget is always fun. $40 jar of molasses no problem. $60 for a jar of Curry from Hyderabad House in India. No feckin problem mate. Order that shit up mate.. Stupid expensive Italian wine. Order that shit up mate. Fedex overnight priority timed delivery. I have never even heard of it.... I am used to buying packets of stuff. These folks buy Jars... Measuring cups... Who needs that shit... Just take some out of the Jar mate. Need a Bean Pot? Irish Bread bowl or a English Pudding Bowl? Order that shit up mate... I was ordering the Pudding Bowl and the guy got all snobby with me because I had never heard of Pudding Bowl. It turns out a Pudding bowl is a $190 bowl with a lid on it.... WTF calls a Bowl a Basin? English people seem as mean as the Portugese and call Bowls basins.... I asked what the difference is and the guy told me the Holy Father washes your feet in a bowl. You put food in a basin.... I did not know.... I don't have a Holy Father. Mom was Jewish....
Bowls.jpg

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got about 4" of snow yesterday and its 36 and raining currently, so it should all be gone by lunch. I do love how the local news tries so hard to make it out to be "The storm of the century of the week". Hope for a quiet and short FTS Friday.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welp, it snowed about a foot last night. Perhaps this marks the end of the bike season for 2016.

I am still sick and still dumb enough to show up for work. I kind of feel bad, but I plan on bailing on my friends Christmas party tonight in order to rest. I need this cold gone right freakin' meow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cooking for a Irish Family this weekend. Lots of weird stuff. Lots of Booze, Bangers, and Beans. My Family has a recipe for Baked Beans I am planning to share with someone for the first time. We shall see. Unlimited budget is always fun. $40 jar of molasses no problem. $60 for a jar of Curry from Hyderabad House in India. No feckin problem mate. Order that shit up mate.. Stupid expensive Italian wine. Order that shit up mate. Fedex overnight priority timed delivery. I have never even heard of it.... I am used to buying packets of stuff. These folks buy Jars... Measuring cups... Who needs that shit... Just take some out of the Jar mate. Need a Bean Pot? Irish Bread bowl or a English Pudding Bowl? Order that shit up mate... I was ordering the Pudding Bowl and the guy got all snobby with me because I had never heard of Pudding Bowl. It turns out a Pudding bowl is a $190 bowl with a lid on it.... WTF calls a Bowl a Basin? English people seem as mean as the Portugese and call Bowls basins.... I asked what the difference is and the guy told me the Holy Father washes your feet in a bowl. You put food in a basin.... I did not know.... I don't have a Holy Father. Mom was Jewish.... View attachment 124089
holy fucking christ bangin' shit mate stop the press, other people do things differently than you! :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Shawarma today. I've been having the soup lately instead of the potatoes. It helps that the soups is awesome and loaded with dried lemons.

Discovered a wood-fired pizza truck the next block over from my office yesterday. very very tasty. I'm already craving it again!