Quantcast

○○○Sunday GMT○○○

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Adam West has died. ZOOM BAM POW. Seems like he has a worthwhile life. :thumb:

Also going into work at 6 am to get a jump on the week, my boss is on vacation so e-mails and knee jerks should not be distracting.

Will ride a bit this afternoon but not the Giggle Pig, that knocked me out yesterday. Will need the hard tail to feel like a super hero on the XC trails. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Farewell party with my best friend here in the city. He is an amazing chef so there was a lot of food last night and cool views of Manhattan from the roof deck. Little hungover today but worth it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Infection is turning into hernia-type pain. Awesome.
Still in bed. Been here watching Family Guy and playing solitaire on my phone for over an hour. It'll be nice to get over whatever is rotting my insides.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dawn patrol and some dirt jumping. Killing the rest of the day until I have to drop Kurt at the airport

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At the in laws. Woke up early, at 5:40. Stayed up with the kids till 9,when my wife took over. Went back to sleep till 10:30, and watched the final 7 riders of the race. Yeah, that was a good race. Do lame tracks = good racing because there is little to separate the wheat from the chaff? In the end, I don't care caus I'm a spectator, not a racer!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode bikes, this afternoon will be spent working out what's leaking water on the washing machine.

Bikes was more fun than the afternoon plan.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So wifey put some tile sample boards behind the stove to look at backsplash options. Tiles fell over, and shattered the glass stovetop.
$300 dollars later, and the disassembly is NOT going according to any direction that we have found (which are really none for this model).
Will quit fucking with it, and go for a ride instead.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. ML was fun in spite of dozens of groups of hikers. None of the people from work showed up--was supposed to be a group ride. Oh well. :D

if you think you liked coffee with one kid...
2 kids + med school + residency and no coffee for me. I've tried it once or twice, just don't like it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Sans wife week going well as could be expected. Kid is still alive, and I'm getting a ton of house crap done. Though I'm afraid painting the window frames that had to be replaced after last years hail storm may be turning into whole house needs paint. :disgust: I think I'll probably just cross my fingers and hope we get another doozy hail storm and get my insurance company to paint the house. This may change of course when wife gets home.

Took kid out for horse back lessons. Only the second time I've gotten to go. She's doing very well.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
mental gymnastics considering house offers ... gah, shoot me.

I re-taped my DH wheels. PSA: never ever buy DT Swiss tubeless tape. It sucks like Loco on a weekend tequila bender. Two layers of yellow tape and POP-POP-POP! wheels are dialed. Shock gets rebuilt this week. Keystone opened yesterday, so it's time.

Quick stop at the grocer and an easy afternoon ride in store, then grillin' wings and drinkin' beer. #athlete

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Tried a DH mission but mostly just fucked up my bike. Fork rebuild new (toobless) tires and new chainguide now on the list. Still awesome riding today. Already can't wait to get back on the hill.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Nick and others knowledgeable: What local jump park would you recommend? I don't feel like doing the super-grinder up Belcher tomorrow as I had penciled in for tomorrow morning, but hitting some jumps and berms sounds fun. I might even wear the camera so you can all follow along if I eat shit.

Ruby Hill? Golden? Valmont?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Nick and others knowledgeable: What local jump park would you recommend? I don't feel like doing the super-grinder up Belcher tomorrow as I had penciled in for tomorrow morning, but hitting some jumps and berms sounds fun. I might even wear the camera so you can all follow along if I eat shit.

Ruby Hill? Golden? Valmont?
Valmont is A#1 titty city, progressive jumps, slopestyle type trail, nice DS track and a big pump track.
I hear Ruby Hill is comparable. I believe @stoney spent time there this morning so he should chime in.

Golden is closest to me so that's where I go. It's fun, has tables and doubles. It's basically a slightly downhill single line bmx track. Pump track is no bueno.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This white guy got sunburned today. Trails were awesome again, but god damn I got shafted at the back of some trains today; the trail disappeared a couple of times in the dust. :rofl:

Purchased some food and a coke for a snack in the village and the total came to $6.66. The cashier said ruh roh and I got that "awe man why today" feeling. But, no crashes or anything bad happened. :weee:

Beer, shed, food and World Cup replay time.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Came back home late last night so today I've done a whole lot of nothing. Went for a ride earlier this evening but the heat and my lack of shape totally beat me. Now enjoying spicy Indian food and good local beer and trying to pretend tomorrow never comes.

Tomorrow is shopping, packing, and everything short of dropping the R-Pod hitch onto the ball. Tuesday's departure to Lyndon.

Thinking ahead to Montana in August - virtually certain that I'm going to drive out solo in the van. Would like to bring the trailer, but it would slow me down.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
First ride in the summer heat. I packed plenty of water. I ate plenty, before and during. It was rough. I am behind on my fitness.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hasn't this been happening about once a year out there?
It's pretty regular. Three Rivers has a good fire about once a decade or so. This current one is in a fairly populated area. I have family friends and a whole bunch of memories of places along Dinely Drive. In fact, my will states that, should I pass, my remains are to be scattered from the Dinely Drive bridge.

It's pretty regular. Three Rivers has a good fire about once a decade or so. This current one is in a fairly populated area. I have family friends and a whole bunch of memories of places along Dinely Drive. In fact, my will states that, should I pass, my remains are to be scattered from the Dinely Drive bridge.
Good luck to all. When I croak I want to be trussed up naked like an Incan mummy, tossed in a hole, and a tree planted on top.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Worked today until about 3:30 super productive because no e-mail do phone calls. Hit the trails at 4:30 for a couple of hours on the hard tail. Ran into the guy who built most of the fun twisty stuff - he bought himself a 2017 Specialized Carbon Enduro and an Eagle kit. The front end is more slack than I have seen of other enduros. I forgot to check out his fork as the huge ass pie plate cassette took all my attention. He has 6K into so far...

Also: When I am dead I hope to become soilent green. Dog food if that doesn't work out.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode bikes, this afternoon will be spent working out what's leaking water on the washing machine.

Bikes was more fun than the afternoon plan.
Leaking direct drive pump for all those keeping track.

New one ordered.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
Shit I should have got my A/C units from my parents garage

anyways.. rode windham yesterday and it was fukking fun as shit

drinking beers.. about to go to bed.

iv been in the heaviest welding project of my life. already went through 60 pounds of MIG filler wire and 7 tanks of size 60 MIG gas. and im halfway done

fuck

:no: