Quantcast

○○○Sunday GMT○○○

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Energy level is still way down so I went to the local flow-easy™ trail for a post nap ride. This place is really small and only has about 3 miles of stacked singletrack with plenty of switchbacks. Hadn't been there since last year and was almost shocked to see the number of cut-throughs people had made.

I really cannot understand why you would even bother going into the woods if you won't ride a sub three mile loop. Lame.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@Nick and others knowledgeable: What local jump park would you recommend? I don't feel like doing the super-grinder up Belcher tomorrow as I had penciled in for tomorrow morning, but hitting some jumps and berms sounds fun. I might even wear the camera so you can all follow along if I eat shit.

Ruby Hill? Golden? Valmont?
Ruby Hill is a good place to start. The jump lines are smooth and provide plenty of space if you screw up. They are also sheltered from the wind. The mtb focused trails become serious slopestyle quickly.

Vamont has more, better options, imho but a stretch for the drive. The slalom course is great, but I would push towards a slalom bike. They turns are incredibly tight...

No feedback on Golden trails.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I shall try Ruby Hill tomorrow then. 20 minutes vs 35 for me, too.

Energy level is still way down so I went to the local flow-easy™ trail for a post nap ride. This place is really small and only has about 3 miles of stacked singletrack with plenty of switchbacks. Hadn't been there since last year and was almost shocked to see the number of cut-throughs people had made.

I really cannot understand why you would even bother going into the woods if you won't ride a sub three mile loop. Lame.
I went to a trail day a couple of weeks ago. one project was to create a cut-through that was utterly unnecessary. The fellow driving it lives smack on the trails and helped build them, so there was little I could say...