Quantcast

○●tues gfmt●○

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man the traffic around here has been crazy lately. I thought with summer break happening, it would ease up a bit, but nope, it has only gotten worse. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am not fully awake yet.

I think a slow spin around North Table will be in order once wife gets back from dropping kids off at camp and doing her own exercise class.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:stupid:
9 miles / 35 minutes for me this morning.
Pretty much exactly the same distance and time for me as well. Its worse at night.

But I swear around here, part of the problem is the timing of the street lights. Some are so short, that they don't empty the turn lanes or allow more than a few rows of cars to go. The best is when the light switches, but there are ZERO cars waiting to go the other direction; WTF??

Or there are lights too close together, so you're sitting at one light on a green, but the next one is still red or the traffic hasn't moved. So you'll go through multiple light cycles without moving an inch.

Kill list material.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Had a PT appointment at 7:00 this morning to get my naggy leg beat on. PT Boy says my hamstring tendons on that leg are inflamed and swollen. So, he gave it a deep massage and some Grafton and fucking hell that hurt. He said it's getting better though and to keep riding and running and stretching and rolling. So, I will do that. I've got six weeks until my Ironman and my running is way, way, way behind schedule.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Scrambling to get Frita ready, seems like there are a million things to do. Having one functional hand really sucks, FYI.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Pretty much exactly the same distance and time for me as well. Its worse at night.

But I swear around here, part of the problem is the timing of the street lights. Some are so short, that they don't empty the turn lanes or allow more than a few rows of cars to go. The best is when the light switches, but there are ZERO cars waiting to go the other direction; WTF??

Or there are lights too close together, so you're sitting at one light on a green, but the next one is still red or the traffic hasn't moved. So you'll go through multiple light cycles without moving an inch.

Kill list material.
Mine is almost entirely without lights with the exception of one set of lights at the start and two sets of lights at the end. It's a completely jammed interstate. I can do it in 10 minutes at night.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Also took Haley on a ride yesterday - 4 miles. One of her longest yet, with lots of hills. She LOVES gears, even though she is struggling to use the grip shift. I need to get a little bit of cables and housing going on there to see if that makes them work better.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Also took Haley on a ride yesterday - 4 miles. One of her longest yet, with lots of hills. She LOVES gears, even though she is struggling to use the grip shift. I need to get a little bit of cables and housing going on there to see if that makes them work better.
Hey - I can't remember if that's a Shimano 7sp setup... but I may have some Shimano 7/8sp trigger shifters in the bike box. :thumb:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hey - I can't remember if that's a Shimano 7sp setup... but I may have some Shimano 7/8sp trigger shifters in the bike box. :thumb:
It is indeed. If you do have some, please let me know. I have 9-sp up the wazoo, but not those.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It is indeed. If you do have some, please let me know. I have 9-sp up the wazoo, but not those.
I can give you a 9 speed X.0 grip shift set, cassette, long cage rear and your choice of FD's if you want them.

Only took them off my hardtail a few months ago when I switched it to 2x11 from 3x9.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Heading to Michigan on Friday for 8 days.
Can't wait to tour some breweries I've been wanting to hit for a long time plus lots a lake time & golf, I'm cool with it.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can give you a 9 speed X.0 grip shift set, cassette, long cage rear and your choice of FD's if you want them.

Only took them off my hardtail a few months ago when I switched it to 2x11 from 3x9.
I might take you up on some. I have my old 9-speed drive train, but the rear derailluer is hurting.

Since I need to get the front wheel to a disc for any of the real fork options, I might just try to find a set of deore level disc hubs and re-build her wheels. If that's the case, then she will be on a cassette body instead of a freewheel - that's a game changer.

My biggest concern will be her tiny little hands though; she can barely use the brakes. I need to get some levers that can come all the way in.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
who plans a surprise farewell potluck? what in tarnation...

what's an a-pihp? 3:1 ratio of opium to just about anything is certainly going to take the edge off...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oh, and today is definitely my birthday. Gonna east some nigiri and funfetti to celebrate.

It's also a good reminder that I've been on this site for the better part of 15 years...