Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]|¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫. Mixtape Mëttwoch GMT. ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸|[●▪▪●]|

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked to insurance adjustor today. He thinks the shop estimate is high, which I agree with - they added a bunch of extra stuff. So I don't think we're getting the whole amount. He didn't challenge the bend at all though - just needs pictures and details about the kart. I'm guessing we're going to be eating half of this, which is about what I expected. Hopefully it's not worse though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Talked to insurance adjustor today. He thinks the shop estimate is high, which I agree with - they added a bunch of extra stuff. So I don't think we're getting the whole amount. He didn't challenge the bend at all though - just needs pictures and details about the kart. I'm guessing we're going to be eating half of this, which is about what I expected. Hopefully it's not worse though.
Can't you get the party that ass-ended you to pick up the other 1/2?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
hi peoples

I think the hot tub I ordered for the mountain house will end up at the Denver house because still don't have a permit, price on the deck reinforcement project, let alone a completion timeline. but having a hot tub here would be nice. :)

otherwise I must report that I drove to work as 3-7 pm is supposed to be spicy weather
The wife really wants a hot tub but I would need to build a cover for it. Maybe a small swim spa.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Didn’t the other party assume responsibility? I thought I remembered that. Your agent needs to raise holy hell that you are not getting the items replaced.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got the estimate for the hitch receiver replacement. I'll probably update it later, if at all, since it's just fine. The actual hitch took it brutally. Plus if the trailer isn't fully paid for, I need to cover the extra cost to the guy I borrowed it from.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
iirc he mentioned the whole setup is $6k? so half of that is indeed less
The quote the shop gave was $4500. I'd expect we'll get about $2200-2500. Her existing kart frame, assuming it was available, is $2200 before shipping. We'll eat depreciation around 1/3 then the labor costs, etc to rebuild it will get us back to that $2200-2500 range.

Hopefully the trailer gets fully replaced so I don't have to use the hitch funds to finish paying for the trailer (friend isn't spending anything to fix trailer). If that works out to our benefit, then we'll have an extra $550, which should get us down to $1700-2000. Then I get to start the fun discussion with Wifey as to why I just spent that much on a new kart for Haley. In advance, it was nice knowing you guys. :thumbsdown:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The quote the shop gave was $4500. I'd expect we'll get about $2200-2500. Her existing kart frame, assuming it was available, is $2200 before shipping. We'll eat depreciation around 1/3 then the labor costs, etc to rebuild it will get us back to that $2200-2500 range.

Hopefully the trailer gets fully replaced so I don't have to use the hitch funds to finish paying for the trailer (friend isn't spending anything to fix trailer). If that works out to our benefit, then we'll have an extra $550, which should get us down to $1700-2000. Then I get to start the fun discussion with Wifey as to why I just spent that much on a new kart for Haley. In advance, it was nice knowing you guys. :thumbsdown:
I spent more than that on ski passes. :fancy:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I spent more than that on ski passes. :fancy:
So have I (for the whole family) but with conversation and planning. It doesn't mean that she's going to be happy about it. She's not a huge fan of Haley karting, as has been discussed before, so me going out and dropping another $2,000 will dig me very, very deep into a hole.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Didn’t the other party assume responsibility? I thought I remembered that. Your agent needs to raise holy hell that you are not getting the items replaced.
My agent is fucking useless. The kart isn't covered.

THERE IS NO COVERAGE FOR AN INSURED: 11. FOR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY WHILE
IT IS:
a. OWNED BY;
b. RENTED TO;
c. USED BY;
d. IN THE CARE OF; OR
e. TRANSPORTED BY
YOU, A RESIDENT RELATIVE, OR
THE PERSON WHO IS LEGALLY LIABLE
FOR THE DAMAGE.