Quantcast

|[●▪▪●]|¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫. Mixtape Mëttwoch GMT. ♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸|[●▪▪●]|

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, remember two weeks ago I mentioned that I might have broken some ribs?
Turns out it was four, pretty good cracks, too.
Crazy thing is that it hurt like a mofo, but I kept riding for a few more hours. A week later I was feeling a little better, and went to work out. That wasn’t a great move. I couldn’t take the discomfort anymore, so I got x-rays, scary to look at the pics. She said 12 weeks for full recovery.
Guess I am getting a refund on my bike park pass.
Not very happy right now, but really could be worse.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So, remember two weeks ago I mentioned that I might have broken some ribs?
Turns out it was four, pretty good cracks, too.
Crazy thing is that it hurt like a mofo, but I kept riding for a few more hours. A week later I was feeling a little better, and went to work out. That wasn’t a great move. I couldn’t take the discomfort anymore, so I got x-rays, scary to look at the pics. She said 12 weeks for full recovery.
Guess I am getting a refund on my bike park pass.
Not very happy right now, but really could be worse.
Dood! Fuck. ++vibes

And take it easy, FFS. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, I was…I was climbing uphill at .01 MPH.
A tweener barreling downhill (blind corner) didn’t know how to use her brakes, and basically made me jump off my bike, and hug a tree, as it was really steep on the downhill side.
I wasn’t really mad at her though, someone didn’t teach her how to ride, from what I could glean.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
are you on your EU trip?
Yep, started in Milan and yesterday drove to Lake Como and staying in Bellagio for a few days. Then to Venice to meet up with a group of friends for a Mediterranean cruise ending up in Athens. Just nice hanging with the wife enjoying the sights & food. With our cruise friends, it should be a complete shit show:cheers::cheers::headbang::D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Well, I was…I was climbing uphill at .01 MPH.
A tweener barreling downhill (blind corner) didn’t know how to use her brakes, and basically made me jump off my bike, and hug a tree, as it was really steep on the downhill side.
I wasn’t really mad at her though, someone didn’t teach her how to ride, from what I could glean.
Ribcage damage is a shit recovery. You can be 8 weeks into healing and strain your core. Boom. Start all over with the fun pain.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Given it hasn't stopped raining since the snow stopped at lower elevations or still occasionally snowing up high so far this "spring", I'm wondering if we get some mountain riding this year before fire season starts...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Me watching new yorkers complain about 300 aqi levels

View attachment 194892

Ah I don't miss the days in the 500-600 aqi levels during the fire storms or the worse levels right on the fire lines. After one wildland fire I coughed up black gunk and blew black snot out of my nose for almost two weeks and my skin smelled like smoke. Ruth made me sleep in another room until it went away

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
We're shifting off in Dec. We're still under the 3yr umbrella since the pipe leak claim, so we can't until then because it will be super expensive.
Not necessarily.
Dude this whole claim sounds seriously fucked up. You were ass packed, no? Is there a claim with the other carrier filed? If not there needs to be. Do you have a copy of the police report? The only thing they could be balking on is thinking there is some contributory negligence, but in a hard rear ending there shouldn’t be. Your pos agent should have refused to file a claim on your policy. Yes the cargo on your policy might not be covered, but you are not the at fault party, so it doesn’t matter. Not sure CO state minimums are but the dollar figures you are talking about are less than even a shitty minimum policy.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not necessarily.
Dude this whole claim sounds serious fucked up. You were ass packed, no? Is there a claim with the other carrier filed? If not there needs to be. Do you have a copy of the police report? The only thing they could be balking on is thinking there is some contributory negligence, but in a hard rear ending there shouldn’t be. Your pos agent should have refused to file a claim on your policy. Yes the cargo on your policy might not be covered, but you are not the at fault party, so it doesn’t matter. Not sure CO state minimums are but the dollar figures you are talking about are less than ever a shitty minimum policy.
CO gives you the option to walk the claim process from both policies and complete based on the one with the best results. State Farm said go buy a new trailer and hitch, but we won't cover the kart. Traveler's is their company, who are fighting the kart. And the shop has been super difficult to get ahold of because it's race season.

The adjustor yesterday said that he could do it without seeing the kart, he just needs a ton of pictures and to talk with the shop owner, so it will likely go that way.

The valuation is where the issue is arising. They are saying since the frame was bent, that and the cost of rebuilding are all they're liable for. But there are no frames available in the country. So if we get comped for just a frame and can't get a frame, then we're forced to get a new chassis. A new chassis is $1500 more because the body kit, axle, brake, etc. But because they are "only responsible" for the frame, that extra stuff is my problem. So that's where the stall is right now. They are saying a frame is available - I called some major retailers, all of whom confirmed they are not. Plus, that same frame isn't technically even available anymore. She has the prior generation, so things won't line up that well, which means... Those parts would need to be replaced to. But! Only as the kart is being rebuilt, since they aren't part of the frame. But since there aren't frames available, you can't even do that - the only solution is to buy a chassis and comp the cost of what would be replaced (adjusted for ACV).

When I talked to the adjustor, I went through most of this with him. I told him that we used to get people rolling into the shop with OEM bikes trying to get them part listed to get more out of it - and we're not trying to do this. That the shop order has too much on it, but it's also his invoice for me to get it race ready - I could even show him the things that are excessive vs. getting the kart back to where it was, assuming I could get a frame. But also all the pieces that would need to be replaced. Low and behold - it's everything except an axle, seat, and the steering assembly - which we don't know if it's straight or not. And that piece by piece assembly costs more than a chassis. And what makes it even more difficult is that there is one shop in CO and they don't carry Haley's kart brand, so he couldn't get the parts if he wanted to. The adjustor seems to get it and why we just said 'fuck it' and ordered a new kart from a different manufacturer. He also said that if I could get a time log that *should* help with valuation, since it shows actual usage. The kart shouldn't have a ton, so I've texted the guy I bought it from to see if he has that data.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
CO gives you the option to walk the claim process from both policies and complete based on the one with the best results. State Farm said go buy a new trailer and hitch, but we won't cover the kart. Traveler's is their company, who are fighting the kart. And the shop has been super difficult to get ahold of because it's race season.

The adjustor yesterday said that he could do it without seeing the kart, he just needs a ton of pictures and to talk with the shop owner, so it will likely go that way.

The valuation is where the issue is arising. They are saying since the frame was bent, that and the cost of rebuilding are all they're liable for. But there are no frames available in the country. So if we get comped for just a frame and can't get a frame, then we're forced to get a new chassis. A new chassis is $1500 more because the body kit, axle, brake, etc. But because they are "only responsible" for the frame, that extra stuff is my problem. So that's where the stall is right now. They are saying a frame is available - I called some major retailers, all of whom confirmed they are not. Plus, that same frame isn't technically even available anymore. She has the prior generation, so things won't line up that well, which means... Those parts would need to be replaced to. But! Only as the kart is being rebuilt, since they aren't part of the frame. But since there aren't frames available, you can't even do that - the only solution is to buy a chassis and comp the cost of what would be replaced (adjusted for ACV).

When I talked to the adjustor, I went through most of this with him. I told him that we used to get people rolling into the shop with OEM bikes trying to get them part listed to get more out of it - and we're not trying to do this. That the shop order has too much on it, but it's also his invoice for me to get it race ready - I could even show him the things that are excessive vs. getting the kart back to where it was, assuming I could get a frame. But also all the pieces that would need to be replaced. Low and behold - it's everything except an axle, seat, and the steering assembly - which we don't know if it's straight or not. And that piece by piece assembly costs more than a chassis. And what makes it even more difficult is that there is one shop in CO and they don't carry Haley's kart brand, so he couldn't get the parts if he wanted to. The adjustor seems to get it and why we just said 'fuck it' and ordered a new kart from a different manufacturer. He also said that if I could get a time log that *should* help with valuation, since it shows actual usage. The kart shouldn't have a ton, so I've texted the guy I bought it from to see if he has that data.
:s :twitch: