Quantcast

●●●Saturday GMT●●●

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Camping was fun, though I do find the hassle/fun ratio for a single night to be a bit high. Did some turns around Buffalo Creek while we were there. It was okay. Wild flowers were out in force.

Wild Iris?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just got back from an 8 mile run (8.3 to be exact). I ran a hilly route and felt good today. 7:27 avg pace. I'm always happy to hit those paces when doing hills. Chores and errands the rest of the day.

One week until my first half ironman. :weee:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Too much estrogen in the house with all the female relatives visiting.I slept in the camper to escape them last night. Coffee then off to the barn to install a wirless camera in the stall area of the horse trailer and another camera at the rear of the camper followed by installing the monitor on the dash board. BBQ Ribs and corn on the cob washed down with beer is the plan for the afternoon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Lawn is super boggy. Mapped out the zones and turned a few of them way down last night and re-mowed everything + the neighbor's front lawn this morning, the latter to pay back a favor when they did that. Of course I don't have my blower yet so their sidewalk is a mess. Whoops.

Wife and older kid are off to Costco to stock up as we're having co-workers + families over for dinner tonight and sister + family over for dinner tomorrow night. I am tasked with keeping the baby from doing anything too dangerous and putting her down for a nap in a bit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
This morning was the end-of-Spanish school-semester-concert, and tonight is the fund raising event for the charity my wife volunteers with. It's a beer o'clock kind of lunch. I hope to ride tomorrow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Probably no ride today, dark thunder clouds everywhere and I'm not feeling the roadie today. I feel like new bike bits and some 5 10 sticky rubber. Armchair shopping... also need winter gear and hate paying for it so there's that to look for too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy. No ride due to grown up activities needing to be done. F that, tomorrow is ride time, no questions.

Might whip out the DH bike later and roll through some curbs.

Have also had a headache since the moment I woke up. Ugh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:wave:

Camping was fun, though I do find the hassle/fun ratio for a single night to be a bit high. Did some turns around Buffalo Creek while we were there. It was okay. Wild flowers were out in force.

Wild Iris?
who rides hardtails anymore....

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
who rides hardtails anymore....
I cant picture myself ever being without a hard tail, I currently have 2 that I ride regularly. If I could only have one bike it would be hardtail.

EDIT: turns out I will be biking this afternoon... on a borrowed SB6 that I briefly rode earlier this week, we're going to do a 9 mile XC loop with some fast downhill that's not too tight or technical but will give me an opportunity to see if I can handle that much travel. Kind of exciting. :)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Turns out that I can fit into my old large tshirts. And the other morning I had trouble doing up my belt because there were no notches left. I guess I'm taking more steps towards becoming unfat, again.

Now if only my ass and legs would shrink a little so that I could make use of some of these shorts.

Still no where near as fat as I used to be though. After highschool I think I ballooned up to a size 42 pant and then shrunk down to size 34. Towards the end of college I was back up to 40 and now I'm somewhere between 36 and 38. :think:

This headache is getting gnarly, might have to hit the bongshed a little earlier than normal tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I cant picture myself ever being without a hard tail, I currently have 2 that I ride regularly. If I could only have one bike it would be hardtail.

EDIT: turns out I will be biking this afternoon... on a borrowed SB6 that I briefly rode earlier this week, we're going to do a 9 mile XC loop with some fast downhill that's not too tight or technical but will give me an opportunity to see if I can handle that much travel. Kind of exciting. :)
You're going to end up with more bikes than you'll know what to do with. :busted:

NTTAWT

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yo! I rode a large Yeti again today, its was a 2015 Jenson GX spec with RS Pike and Maxxis Aggressor tires and DT Swiss wheels, I believe the tires and wheel set were upgrades. Bike people are the best people... I wasn't sure what to expect but things went well the owner of the bike showed up with his wife who stayed in the truck reading a book, a real book with paper pages. He showed up with a pristine Cannondale Jekyll with a lefty that was his new ride for this summer, petroleum engineers must make bank. The Yeti was his beater.

I had more confidence this ride, the height of the bike was no problem but the long frame made it difficult for me to take tight corners, this was balanced out by the speed I was able to maintain due to not using the brakes as often as I normally would, in an easy DH section I ride several times a week, I was able to take of about 25 seconds in a little over a mile and a half.

This guy still kicked my ass on the Jeckyll. The big bike worked my forearms and shoulders - I ache and now I have to have one. No fat bike for me this fall.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Great day on the front range. Thanks to @Nick for picking me up and showing me around. Props to @mtg for building up the "reign in blood" colorway megatrail last night and letting me break it in today. Deer creek was super fun. Had to push back up the wall and ride it a second time...because awesome. Great beers and tacos at Cannonball Creek too! Now for a quick nap and then to go in search of food and beer . . .

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great day on the front range. Thanks to @Nick for picking me up and showing me around. Props to @mtg for building up the "reign in blood" colorway megatrail last night and letting me break it in today. Deer creek was super fun. Had to push back up the wall and ride it a second time...because awesome. Great beers and tacos at Cannonball Creek too! Now for a quick nap and then to go in search of food and beer . . .
Wondered where you guys headed to.

Wife and I did 23 miles and 4300ft vert at GGCSP, too much hike-a-bike at times, but some fun chunky descents.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Wondered where you guys headed to.

Wife and I did 23 miles and 4300ft vert at GGCSP, too much hike-a-bike at times, but some fun chunky descents.
Yea, we kept it to a shorter local ride. DC was fun and best of all, shaded.
GGSP is the goods. You and your wife are hammers, btw.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Getting old. Passed on an all night secret location anything goes fetish party invite. Decided I'd rather stay home and work on my music than driving 50 miles to be around people playing dress-up-and-look-at-me until the sun rises.
#oldmandown

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I cooked the salmon adequately. 15 people fed (7 of them kiddos). I think that's the limit for our house.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
:thumb:

And, I was at Cannonball Creek on Sunday afternoon after putting another 23 miles on the Reign in Blood bike.