Quantcast

◣‍ Yet another Wednesday◢‍

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

I need to start baseboards in the basement, which is gonna be a wee bit challenging and require scribing, likely around the entire perimeter. That's gonna be...fun.

Couch landed so wifey is gonna be on me about getting a ceiling in so we can receive that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am dealing with a sore ankle/heel and ran on it for the first time in four days this morning. I did 5 miles on the treadmill. It still hurts but it was tolerable. Hopefully it won't hurt any worse later today and tomorrow. It's been a frustrating series of injuries for me this year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I need to start baseboards in the basement, which is gonna be a wee bit challenging and require scribing, likely around the entire perimeter. That's gonna be...fun.
Just throwing it out there, but the cost/time commitment is pretty imbalanced on this one. There are other projects that have a better TVM ratio that aren't worth farming out. Just gonna throw that out there...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey hey hey, here's what I say

I think we've landed on sugarbush for a little bro's weekend in vermont. hopefully the trails are challenging but fun and not just challenging to piss you off.
raining today- might try the time trial for the last time this season or might bail on it. They've been doing road construction and i've been doing no training, so it would really only be a testament to good tires and positioning and not actual power to get me through.
slept like shit. my narcissist boomer parents gave another excuse about not visiting and it set me off. They've seen their grandkids once this year (when we visited them) and it looks like we won't see them again until christmas. they will miss both birthdays, soccer, and everything else. I feel quite comfortable calling them deadbeats but that might be rude as I'm sure there are worse out there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Dentist this afternoon. I was supposed to go onsite today, but that fell through, so I will be chasing down voicemails, emails, and to-do's. My FTS with work is getting pretty high, so I'm looking forward to the next step of the interview process.

I got the bill from the shop for the weekend. It wasn't as bad as I expected. They did a bunch of work on the kart Thursday/Friday and again on Saturday, which should have had a couple hundred dollars of labor, but was not billed. Instead just the team tent support cost. Not even a question as to whether it was worth it or not with the coaching, mechanical support, and saved time/effort of dealing with our own pit spot. It was totally worth it and we'll be doing it for the rest of the year and likely next season. After the saved labor cost and pit fee, it was only $275 for two days.

I talked with our neighbor, whose daughter is doing low-level competitive cheer, and they have now paid more than we have for cheer than karting. Even with the initial kart and gear costs, cheer is running substantially higher and has higher running costs. Competitive weekends are 2x more and monthly practice costs are over 2x. Amazing how much things cost... You'd never think cheer would be that much, but it's a machine of a business.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
working at the office today. it's grey and overcast. the workstation I booked isn't working - the sit-stand station doesn't stay in the sit position. squatting in another cube, hoping not to be kicked out. stupid hoteling. have I mentioned how much I dislike it?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here. Dentist this afternoon. I was supposed to go onsite today, but that fell through, so I will be chasing down voicemails, emails, and to-do's. My FTS with work is getting pretty high, so I'm looking forward to the next step of the interview process.

I got the bill from the shop for the weekend. It wasn't as bad as I expected. They did a bunch of work on the kart Thursday/Friday and again on Saturday, which should have had a couple hundred dollars of labor, but was not billed. Instead just the team tent support cost. Not even a question as to whether it was worth it or not with the coaching, mechanical support, and saved time/effort of dealing with our own pit spot. It was totally worth it and we'll be doing it for the rest of the year and likely next season. After the saved labor cost and pit fee, it was only $275 for two days.

I talked with our neighbor, whose daughter is doing low-level competitive cheer, and they have now paid more than we have for cheer than karting. Even with the initial kart and gear costs, cheer is running substantially higher and has higher running costs. Competitive weekends are 2x more and monthly practice costs are over 2x. Amazing how much things cost... You'd never think cheer would be that much, but it's a machine of a business.
Yeah but the career opportunities post cheer vs kart...

:rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
competitive cheer is a MLM scheme

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
beginning of exhibition installation. i enjoy this part of my job.

dreary and rainy today and tomorrow-looks like the worst of the hurricane rain will stay south/east of us. should be nice this weekend.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what this week holds. A few projects at work, none I feel like working on. Still need to do some training, but at least I FINALLY got my automation working.

It seemed so simple on paper:
Start server software
Start client software
When client starts, it connects to server and they exchange info
Validate info exchange
Kill server and client

I'm piping the console output to a log and validating the log. My Python has come a long way, but I still have a lot to learn about it and our software, damn.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Cheer is ridiculously expensive. My niece did competitive cheer for 10 years, my Sister/brother In-laws would drop an average of $10K-$15K a year for the team, tumbling coach and travel/hotel etc. Sad thing is, there is no scholarships for it so you can't even break even in college. She is now a cheerleader at Vanderbilt, but its all out of mom & dads pocket. Yeah, I'll pass

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also tonight American Graffiti is in theaters, but I am unable to attend. That is a movie about my surroundings a few decades before me. Ron Howard plays a kid from my high school, its a shit hole.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Just throwing it out there, but the cost/time commitment is pretty imbalanced on this one. There are other projects that have a better TVM ratio that aren't worth farming out. Just gonna throw that out there...
I've got time but not money, so this is one me. Besides, I'm good with trim work and don't mind a challenge.

Realistically, the only reason I can afford to do what I do is because I'm doing the work myself. My out of pocket cost of $8K to do the basement would easily be $30K+ if someone else was finishing it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got bike back from mechanic here in town; fork and shock serviced, derailleur tuned up (I couldn't figure out what was up with the laggy shifting), rear wheel re-tensioned, new brake pads, general bolt twiddling. Gonna try and get out for a wee ride at lunch today to shake it out, stoked that she's ready to rip Squamish this weekend.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
will you be back by the 5th? considering a Tuesday 1-day Crest Fest.
We return to Denver late Monday the 4th, staying with the Canadan that night and then heading back to Exitville Tuesday the 5th... so likely out for any Crest Fest Shenanigans you are planning. But not guaranteed out, so keep me in the loop.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also… I probably should have been paying a bit more attention to my noisy-ass brakes. Woof.

IMG_7418.jpeg

At least they are fairly evenly worn out front to back and left to right… FWIW.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi ppls

working half day. from hospital as I have two residents to read out

then visit with my primary care doc to discuss my defattened self and defattened liver. and then maybe some coding.