Quantcast

☃☮☮ It's Friday B**tches GMT ☮☮☃

Starting at about 2 PM, went back into the greenhouse with an accomplice.

Dug, swore, broke things, got at the broken pipe and fixed it.

Shoveled and raked a half a ton or so of gravel back in to fill the hole.

Dragged bench back into greenhouse.

Watered outside plants.

Cleaned and put away tools.

Staggered back into house just before 6 PM, turned on air conditioning, and poured a Heady.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Uggh, still no riding this week as well. The only place that might be dry enough (and open) is too far away to drive by the time I got done with all my appointments. Maybe a little pedal around town later and some manual practice. Gotta at least keep my old, beaten up knees lubed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
That happened to me for 2014. Well close anyways. I got a letter in June of 2015 stating we were being dines 1800 dollars for not filing on time. Went to the office and was told just wait for now, see if you get another notice. When I went to the office I had the cancelled check that was included in the filing. Showed it was cashed on April 12th. They stated to me it was not sent till June. So I waited as instructed, two months later I received another letter, with another 1200 dollar fine for non payment.

Rest of the story short, fought and fought, finally just gave up and paid them last December to make them go away. Last week I finally get a letter and a refund check saying they found the original envelope with a date on it. Took over a year to resolve, seemed as if nothing happened till I I'd them.
After being on hold for 45 minutes I finally did talk to a lovely woman who actually helped quite a lot. They had no record of us filing either even though I had a printout. Fortunately, said printout has a date on it. IRS lady said just file again and pay. When I get the nasty gram about late/not filing fees I'm supposed to dispute it then and hopefully use a copy of my printout as proof of an attempt. We'll see how that goes. I guess I ought do the same with the state, but near as I can tell the check was never cashed, and it'll be 4 months tomorrow since I wrote it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got an offer on the VA house. Negotiateed, offer accepted. A few grand more than I was expecting.

Sadly profits will not go very far out here. Considering boat life again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
90th ride of the year is in the books. Buddy and I came across a deer on the trail. While looking at the thing, its little kid went running through the forest. We rode right past the little guy, probably within 20 feet of it. Do the dads hang around?

I think I've decided to skip DH tomorrow, due to having to do a few things in the morning, therefor I hope it rains all day. Though, if it doesn't rain and I can get my shit done by a reasonable time, perhaps DH will happen... :brow:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
My sister in law is going to be competing for AT LEAST an Olympic bronze medal.

Pretty staggeringly awesome.

Unrelated: The Botanist is an excellent gin.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
90th ride of the year is in the books. Buddy and I came across a deer on the trail. While looking at the thing, its little kid went running through the forest. We rode right past the little guy, probably within 20 feet of it. Do the dads hang around?
There are a couple places here where deer are not hunted and quite used to people. It would be unusual to not see them on every ride. The little ones are called fawns. There is usually one buck per group of doe, but won't be aggressive unless you did something stupid like grab the fawn. For the most part deer are docile and skittish around humans, but they are very strong and their hooves can fuck you up.

Saw a video once of a guy who thought it would be a good idea to rope a deer and take it home. The deer went ballistic and beat the hell out of the guy.