Quantcast

★∆★ sat GMT ★∆★

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dreamt that I went to sleep on one flight and woke up as the second, incorrect flight was taxiing away.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So off I go to work a medical standby at a dustbowl of a venue in the middle of freaking nowhere. I normally would not do this show but their medic backed out with no notice, Its a half day show and I am charging them for a full day at my maximum rates so its all about the cash. I should get home with enough time for a two to 3 hour ride this evening

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woke up at what I thought was stupidly early according to the alarm clock and couldn't get back to sleep. Got up and discovered we'd had another power cut so the clock was wrong and it was just silly early...

Big ride planned for today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Breakfast burritos with prosciutto.

Taking the wheels to car shop for new all seasons and then hitting the road to go riding. After yesterdays hurricane, I'm guessing the trail conditions will be average at best.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. I had a douchey triathlon workout to do this morning. 46 mile ride followed by a 5 mile brick run. Nice morning for it, besides the wind knocking the crap out of me. Avengers tonight at the plush recliner theater.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Coffee, shed. No Gin, ever. Kids are gunna go to crazy grannies for a bit. Gunna have brunch at a fancy place with oysters and mamosas. Then i dont know maybe a walk with the kid, or maybe work on the project truck for a bit.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
With eldest at swimming lessons. Then will carry on making a mess of the yard with my “gate the backyard” project.

If I make acceptable progress, I’ll go for a ride and see how badly my beer induced suspension fiddling ruined the setup.

I’ll be bringing my shock pump...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Mildly hungover. Ran a rough 10k due to said hangover and 1500 extra feet of elevation. Gorged on breakfast and espresso. Taking the girls window shopping/touristing in "downtown" Salida. I forgot how much goats stink. I also need a nap.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Perfect weather today.

The mini hurricane yesterday did some tree damage. Mother Nature has some good aim. What a dick to drop a tree right on the top of a little step down booter.

Trails are in prime condition. Leaves are covering lots of little ball bearing like sticks though...

Also bumped into this couple and their kid, who was riding on a little seat on the top tube of the dads bike. The lady was clearly pooped and wanted to abort. He asked, while looking at his phone, what’s the quickest way back to the parking lot. I said which one and they only had a puzzled look on their face; ie clearly lost as fuck. I told them to go right and head North. So of course two minutes later they pass me going to the exact opposite way that I told them. I hope they had fun in the steep valleys they were headed to. Meh...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ignition coil replaced on the M. Still ticking, but much better sounding. Seafoam poured in and giving it a few drives to see if cleaning the valves has any impact. It got quieter after the first drive, so my assumption is yes. Once I get down a few gallons I will be putting Techron in to the gas to see about cleaning the valves from the combustion side too. Hopefully that makes everything work better.

To do list is long, but made a dent. Rest of today is for studying.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Done x3.
Time for a beer.
Where didja ride?

Wife and I might do a Chimpex tomorrow if any interest. We won't be speedy, 72 road miles with ~7200ft vert today and most of it above 7000ft altitude has us pining for the half pound bison burgers currently on the grill.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Where didja ride?

Wife and I might do a Chimpex tomorrow if any interest. We won't be speedy, 72 road miles with ~7200ft vert today and most of it above 7000ft altitude has us pining for the half pound bison burgers currently on the grill.
you guys need to plan to come down for this next year. had a bunch of friends do it today. i’ll never be in shape. people average 60-70 miles and 10k-12k climbing. badass. http://www.pisgahproductions.com/events/pmbar/

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good ride this afternoon. 13.5 miles. Fastest I've been all year despite minimal saddle time the last ~6 weeks. Tasty post ride beers. Grilled hot dogs, baked beans, and broccoli. Kids in bed. Now Pens game.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just after I posted that last message, the boy woke up crying. Major bloody nose. Cleaned up and calmed down, dirty stuff in the laundry. Guess the new allergy medicine doesn't agree with him.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
With eldest at swimming lessons. Then will carry on making a mess of the yard with my “gate the backyard” project.

If I make acceptable progress, I’ll go for a ride and see how badly my beer induced suspension fiddling ruined the setup.

I’ll be bringing my shock pump...
I just finished two weeks of busting my ass fencing in the yard. Took the fucking dog all of 30 minutes to escape. He either figured out how to operate the gate latch or went over a 5' fence. I swear to god that my life would be much easier if I permanently made him drag around a spare tire.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Serious Score

Got a call from a Show Facility that wants me to take over as their EMS Provider for horse shows.16 days of "work" and $4500 into my wallet. Cool thing is that they are less than 30 minutes from one of my favorite places to fish. I can finish the show hours and get in 2-3 hours of fishing before dark.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
you guys need to plan to come down for this next year. had a bunch of friends do it today. i’ll never be in shape. people average 60-70 miles and 10k-12k climbing. badass. http://www.pisgahproductions.com/events/pmbar/
Unfortunately we're now a 21hour drive across lots of flyover states. The 12 hour drive we used to have from NYC seems nice in comparison.

We both love riding down there.