Quantcast

☆▪︎○eat shit saturday gfmt○▪︎☆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Pesqueeb ...

check bag in charlotte....check a carry on in minneapolis....i get both bags at the same time in boise....what level wizardry is this?

troy montana or abouts today....

ad astra.....enjoyed it....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee and advil. knee is damn sore and still oozing blood. meh.

taking 9yo over to bike festival at the trails. tomorrow they have a redbull pumptrack world champs quali out there.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Survived wedding, no police involved. Beautiful cerimony up above Created Butte. Even managed to speak cordially with several family members. My mother remains a USDA certified, grade A cunt though whom I will never see again with any luck.

check bag in charlotte....check a carry on in minneapolis....i get both bags at the same time in boise....what level wizardry is this?
Magnets.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Gonna be warm today. Another day with no rain..let’s see, that makes about 3 weeks sans rain. Watering the yard this morning then going for a ride after I dispatch my bacon, eggs, and coffee. Keep it real dudes!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Playing a concert tonight. Perhaps lawn and definitely Larson’s for kid ski outfitting before that. Ad Astra ticket for Sunday acquired.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
In uniform, walking over to pick up the medic golf cart. This show is huge. 400 horses, 5 show rings 5 warm up areas, two RV parks and close to two thousand people. One medic, me. Thankfully there is a paramedic fire station just up the street.

On duty

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Errands this morning. Friend from work had a garden that is out of control so we get to go shopping for free. Same person I am trying to get a job on my team; I really hope she gets it.

Looking at more ev/phev cars and realistic logistics of our life. If it's snow weather and I need distance, I would probably take wifey's car to the mtn and leave her local with a shorter (200-300mile range) car. EV realistically makes more sense with our life. But a Ford Fusion hybrid with a box is <$30k and has the distance and mileage for my life.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you want to borrow my 3 for a day or two to see how it works out in your actual life you can do so, @stoney .

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you want to borrow my 3 for a day or two to see how it works out in your actual life you can do so, @stoney .
I very much might take you up on that. My hopes of doing some car shopping this weekend went out the door when Haley went into full asshole mode.

She's been in a different tier these last few weeks, not sure what's going on, but a lot of "I hate you", "why are you so rude" (her mean), and similar floating around. She got a nasty bloody nose at Costco and lost her shit while we were trying to help. She was yelling at us, telling us we don't know what we're doing all the good stuff. Perfect timing and her doctor came around the corner and I was like "why don't you ask your Dr. what to do; he's right there. He'll know what to do." I think she was embarrassed about having a bloody nose and she fucking detonated with that spotlight. She has me at threshold level of patience to the point that Wifey took her grocery shopping and left Hannah with me because I was about to lose my shit, which I've done maybe twice in her lifetime.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I very much might take you up on that.
Just let me know when and I’ll make sure it has 279 miles (90%) of charge to start out. Max power is limited by the state of charge, so by the time you get down around 50% it’s noticeably slower.

For you and any other locals with functional bikes: I’m doing Apex/Chimney tomorrow morning. 7:30 at Apex lower lot. The other person in is a moderately paced (up and down) non-e biker so this won’t be some slogfest. Hoping for two Chimney laps. We shall see.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I’m doing Apex/Chimney tomorrow morning. 7:30 at Apex lower lot. The other person in is a moderately paced (up and down) non-e biker so this won’t be some slogfest. Hoping for two Chimney laps. We shall see.
On a Sunday?!? :fie::fie::fie:

I've still got the cooties. Combined with the fact that I'm working this weekend, and I won't be able to join. :mad:

Oh - and make sure to check the JCOS alerts before heading out - there's a fire up in that neck of the woods...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just looked at a Leaf. $30k after @ purchase discounts before the Fed tax credit even comes into play.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I very much might take you up on that. My hopes of doing some car shopping this weekend went out the door when Haley went into full asshole mode.

She's been in a different tier these last few weeks, not sure what's going on, but a lot of "I hate you", "why are you so rude" (her mean), and similar floating around. She got a nasty bloody nose at Costco and lost her shit while we were trying to help. She was yelling at us, telling us we don't know what we're doing all the good stuff. Perfect timing and her doctor came around the corner and I was like "why don't you ask your Dr. what to do; he's right there. He'll know what to do." I think she was embarrassed about having a bloody nose and she fucking detonated with that spotlight. She has me at threshold level of patience to the point that Wifey took her grocery shopping and left Hannah with me because I was about to lose my shit, which I've done maybe twice in her lifetime.
not being a prick or anything yeti...

but

asperger's?

my older brothers youngest would lose his shit all the fucking time....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I know how to properly set up Canti Brakes. I can even properly spell the word Brake. I have personally used them for many years. Worked on them for many years. I tried to explain to her modulation. First using words. Then a visual rundown. Then with pad and paper in conjunction with the setup manual supplied by Avid. Finally her boyfriend who we will call Nothingman as he was totally devoid of personality, asks me to put the old pads from her old brakes on the new Avids. I don't have any idea why you would do that, since the Avids came with new ones that were not severely worn. She test rides the bike now it is perfect. They bought me a Huge Steak to pay me and gave me homemade soap. I made a joke about homemade toothpaste, but nobody got it. I will never work on Yoko Onos cross bike again. I got gluten free Kale splinters in my blisters... Cross bike folks are just hippys who need special bikes to feel better about being special snow flake individuals. Even they find themselves to be annoying. Excuse me....

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just looked at a Leaf. $30k after @ purchase discounts before the Fed tax credit even comes into play.
All-in assuming BoA 3.19% rate (we'd get it) would be <$25k. With the .$54/mile from my company and I'd actually be net positive every month after payment and electricity by $100.

Now to get Wifey on board... "OMG. It's so ugly. And we'd only have two SUV's." $50 if the Telsa math was as good I wouldn't hear a peep.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just realized the front chain ring I had was actually a 38 (I swore it was a 36), I hope dropping all the way down to the 32 won't be too big of a drop. It was only $10, I can get a 34 if it bugs me too much. I really want to get this pig together.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
All-in assuming BoA 3.19% rate (we'd get it) would be <$25k. With the .$54/mile from my company and I'd actually be net positive every month after payment and electricity by $100.

Now to get Wifey on board... "OMG. It's so ugly. And we'd only have two SUV's." $50 if the Telsa math was as good I wouldn't hear a peep.
The new Leaf looks better than the older ones, a guy up the street just upgraded his last month or so.