Quantcast

☆▪︎○eat shit saturday gfmt○▪︎☆

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I did run the math on Wifey's current car vs. switching over to a Highlander Hybrid, which we've been talking about for a while. What blows my mind is that because she gets worse mileage with premium, we can actually save ~$80/m on gas cost alone. It will probably be eaten by insurance, but we can buy her a new car for $3k out of pocket and be at a wash.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
All-in assuming BoA 3.19% rate (we'd get it) would be <$25k. With the .$54/mile from my company and I'd actually be net positive every month after payment and electricity by $100.
Shop around. I got the local Nissan dealer to give me all the credits and 0.9, though I don't qualify for the xcel rebates, so not sure how the math works on that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I know how to properly set up Canti Brakes. I can even properly spell the word Brake. I have personally used them for many years. Worked on them for many years. I tried to explain to her modulation. First using words. Then a visual rundown. Then with pad and paper in conjunction with the setup manual supplied by Avid. Finally her boyfriend who we will call Nothingman as he was totally devoid of personality, asks me to put the old pads from her old brakes on the new Avids. I don't have any idea why you would do that, since the Avids came with new ones that were not severely worn. She test rides the bike now it is perfect. They bought me a Huge Steak to pay me and gave me homemade soap. I made a joke about homemade toothpaste, but nobody got it. I will never work on Yoko Onos cross bike again. I got gluten free Kale splinters in my blisters... Cross bike folks are just hippys who need special bikes to feel better about being special snow flake individuals. Even they find themselves to be annoying. Excuse me....
Life lesson:. Don't associate bwith people who still run cantis.