Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿¿¿weds gfmt¿¿¿●●●☆☆☆

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ahhh thank the FSM for strong coffee.

I've come to the conclusion that I cracked my head harder than I thought when I endoed a few weeks ago. I've had a hard time keeping focused on tasks and some agility issues. It all points to post concussion sysdrome...damn

Either that or I'm just getting old and senile:drool:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 6.2 miles at 7:15 pace on the treadmill this morning. I've got a race Saturday so I kept the effort in check. Would have been nice to do this run outdoors but there is black ice on the roads and snow and ice on the rail trail.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Monkey gathering was fun. Approve. Riding in will be cold but I will do it nonetheless. Somewhat approve.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkis! No gym this AM, saving my legs for a 3 hour grind tomorrow. I have many mountains to pedal up next year and I'd like to do it with less gunt. Fish n Chips and stout at the local Irish pub last night was probably the wrong move... but oh so good. :)

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mornin!

Stayed out past my bed time last night carousing with fellow monkeys. Now I am le tired. #worthit
Little bit of a headache; I clearly don't drink enough. Work until noon then a doctor's appt for Haley and her constant nose bleeds. She has a holiday party at school afterwards, so off to that afterwards. The fridge install yesterday didn't happen, as the valve for the ice maker water flow wouldn't turn off. It's a new valve and when I went to check it last night, it was over tightened. Apparently I get to work on my plumbing skills tonight.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Struggling to find the right lens for my glasses as a first time glass owner. Not sure if I should just go full progressive lens it didn't think it worked that great on a wide monitor. Fuck getting old.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I, like many other CO dwelling monkies, had a fine evening of beer drinking and story telling with one @jonKranked at a fine brewery in a suburb. Also, it's downright balmy in my house after getting the zone valve fixed on the main level... just in time for this cold snap. Stoked on that. Not as stoked on the bill, but hey you know what?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello there. Its cold out.

Tonight is our ride night, but I haven't heard from any of those guys all week. I have sent out a feeler for a potential ride.....we'll see what materializes. I for one will probably opt for a hike while they ride, if anyone comes out. Followed by some warm wing and cold beer.

heavyd

Monkey
Dec 1, 2016
Not where I wanna be
I think this is the fifth time this year I spent weeks/months on projects just to be told "oh team xyz is handling that now" and been moved on to something else.

wtf mate. :banghead:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Struggling to find the right lens for my glasses as a first time glass owner. Not sure if I should just go full progressive lens it didn't think it worked that great on a wide monitor. Fuck getting old.
^this.
My vision has deteriorated enough that I need to get glasses too.
I can't see shit when trying to read things within arms length, like my watch or small print.
Mid/long distance is fine so hopefully I can get away with some readers but a trip to the eye doc is mandatory at this point.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> The fridge install yesterday didn't happen, as the valve for the ice maker water flow wouldn't turn off. It's a new valve and when I went to check it last night, it was over tightened. Apparently I get to work on my plumbing skills tonight.
Fridge with ice/water in it: terrible idea. Return it for a unit without any of that shit. :D

I think this is the fifth time this year I spent weeks/months on projects just to be told "oh team xyz is handling that now" and been moved on to something else.

wtf mate. :banghead:
You must be new to corporate IT? ;)

^this.
My vision has deteriorated enough that I need to get glasses too.
I can't see shit when trying to read things within arms length, like my watch or small print.
Mid/long distance is fine so hopefully I can get away with some readers but a trip to the eye doc is mandatory at this point.
My vision as well. I take solace in the fact that I've been dealing with this shit since 4th grade.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Chasing paperwork for home loan today, good times. Wife is sick so that much more fun. Also have a side project of running gas lines in a friend's shop, need to get over there as well to map it all out. Good news, even though it was ten degrees last night the repair on the expedition went super smooth. Definitely will use this brand kit again.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Unfortunately, no. I guess I just never really accept it. :/

I'm not an idiot. The old fridge has it. The new only has in in-freezer ice maker. No door access H2O or ice.
When we were looking for a new fridge I asked my appliance-repair buddy what I should get. When he found out we didn't want water/ice he said something like, "It doesn't really matter - those water/ice systems are really the only things that go tango uniform regularly."

Oh - and because flooded kitchen. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So my dog has had a fatty subcutaneous cyst on her back. Size of a golf ball, basically. Last night it ruptured on its own. I squeezed it out, and it was about a tablespoon of pink putty like goo.
At least it didn't smell.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Mornin!

Stayed out past my bed time last night carousing with fellow monkeys. Now I am le tired. #worthit
Monkey gathering was fun. Approve. Riding in will be cold but I will do it nonetheless. Somewhat approve.
Little bit of a headache; I clearly don't drink enough.
I, like many other CO dwelling monkies, had a fine evening of beer drinking and story telling with one @jonKranked at a fine brewery in a suburb.
:stupid:

Was good to finally meet @Toshi and @Adventurous. Had a good time. I paced myself and only had 3 beers, but did stay out way passed my usual old man bed time. This mornings run was a genuine fucking struggle. :dead:

You know what's good?
Surprise powder days. ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ :happydance:
How much of a surprise can it be when you were trying to get all of us to go with you last night?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Man, what a depressing fucking conversation I just had with my boss. Synopsis:

- The "narrative" has started that I am inflexible and can't operate in the "grey area" to overcome "challenges"
- i have great project management skills and organization, but those are not valued as much as "doing work to show that you are doing work even though it may not necessarily be the right work" (verbatim)
- On that same theme, don't place any faith in the systems in place working for you, I should be doing everything in my power to make stuff happen outside of said systems
- I should "realign" my focus to react to our problems of today instead of focusing on how to become better tomorrow

Conclusion = What they need is something I ain't selling. Here's to hoping I can ride this one out til a good time comes to do what's right for me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Man, what a depressing fucking conversation I just had with my boss. Synopsis:

- The "narrative" has started that I am inflexible and can't operate in the "grey area" to overcome "challenges"
- i have great project management skills and organization, but those are not valued as much as "doing work to show that you are doing work even though it may not necessarily be the right work" (verbatim)
- On that same theme, don't place any faith in the systems in place working for you, I should be doing everything in my power to make stuff happen outside of said systems
- I should "realign" my focus to react to our problems of today instead of focusing on how to become better tomorrow

Conclusion =
long hours, unpaid overtime & weekend work even if it makes no sense, just to make your boss look good.

A.k.a.: Run, Forest, run!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ugh, there is :panic: because snow has been forecast. Might see a flurry this afternoon, so everyone will likely bail about 2. Rode the bus today, so my ditch times are limited.