Quantcast

☆☆☆SnowDerp GMT¤¤¤

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Up at 5ayem to drop wifey at airport. She is going to Bonaire with some lady friends for scuba. I will man the fort. I also may have bought me a new weekend car.

Roast away internet friends.
IMG_4532.jpeg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. I was down at the shop yesterday picking up some parts. Haley's motor finally showed up and is getting broken in and dyno'd this weekend. I talked with the owner and he's really pushing to get Haley racing a regional and national series. I told him that Wifey's super hesitant with going up class as it is, so going regional or national will be harder. He said next time that he sees her he's going to check in, give her a status update for Haley, tell her why Haley needs to move up, and see if he can explain why higher level racing is actually safer than club racing. I wished him good luck, but he said that he's had good success with talking with the nervous parent, so we shall see. Last night Wifey for the first time said that she wants a team t-shirt, so who knows - she's getting more and more accepting that this is Haley's sport.

Going out for dinner with Wifey tonight. Good food and no little people. Shall be nice.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey ppl

woody is mad at me because I relentlessly make fun of teslas, hurting him right in the feefees. he'll have to buy himself a cybertruck or three to heal up

sposed to be 60 out here today, dying to get out for a bike ride. Just need to figure out timing. I'm gonna go fight the birbs, brb

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up at 5ayem to drop wifey at airport. She is going to Bonaire with some lady friends for scuba. I will man the fort. I also may have bought me a new weekend car.

Roast away internet friends.
View attachment 207516
Just an fyi. the VW/Audi GDI engines are known for bad carbon build-up. They need to be cleaned every 25k or so. Makes a noticeable power difference.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Just an fyi. the VW/Audi GDI engines are known for bad carbon build-up. They need to be cleaned every 25k or so. Makes a noticeable power difference.
Yeah, my buddy told me that. He also said that running premium helps significantly with that. You know if there’s any truth to that. Seems likely..

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, my buddy told me that. He also said that running premium helps significantly with that. You know if there’s any truth to that. Seems likely..
Top Tier fuel won't help because of where the build-up is on top of the valves. There is a lot about how to clean it chemically or manually on the Audi forums. I knew it was coming and was expecting it to be costly (coincidentally just having it done yesterday) but it was only a couple hundred for the chemical cleaning. The amount of shit burning out the back end though... you would have thought it was an un-filtered diesel.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Top Tier fuel won't help because of where the build-up is on top of the valves. There is a lot about how to clean it chemically or manually on the Audi forums. I knew it was coming and was expecting it to be costly (coincidentally just having it done yesterday) but it was only a couple hundred for the chemical cleaning. The amount of shit burning out the back end though... you would have thought it was an un-filtered diesel.
What did you do? Sounds kind of like when I’ve run sea foam through my F-150 top end. Smoked out the pipe like Cheech and Chong.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What did you do? Sounds kind of like when I’ve run sea foam through my F-150 top end. Smoked out the pipe like Cheech and Chong.
I had Audi do it because I was getting other service done. It's their service, but effectively Seafoam. Was $250, iirc. The "permanent" solution is walnuts, but that's a shit ton of work. So you do this every 18k or so.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sipping espresso in the camper. I'm at a horse show with Ruth. So far she has taken first place twice..

Mini Cooper S had the same carbon buildup problem as the VW/Audi. They would pull the valves and sand blast it using crushed walnut shells. We had an extended service warranty that covered it. We dumped the car just before the warranty ran out.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
In the great Arizona desert.
And it's cold and raining.
Heading out to scope some Lake Havasu trails.

Cause vanlifers are not savages...

1000007534.jpg

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Daughter had an automotive mishap this week. So, I'm ordering a fender and bumper cap this morning because apparently I think I'm some sort of bodyshop guy. 10/10 chance of lots of foul language coming right up...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just watched the Grosjean episode on Netflix with Haley. She knew what was coming, but even then, still a lot of quiet. Even Hannah stopped talking and just watched the incident. Fucking brutal.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
How I picture @Westy (the latter)

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Colder but no snow.

Kids ice skating this morning then went to the zoo for a little bit.

I now trying to make wild rice soup, probably inedible.