Quantcast

☆☆☆Sunday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Looks like it was drunk driving. He went out in a blaze of glory though. Bermed out a 75degree embankment, crossed the road, down and up a 10ft ditch, through a cornfield. Back through 10ft ditch, crossed the road, hit bank and aired a good 15 ft over canal bank to land in the water without making a scratch.
Damn. Was he drunk driving a Raptor? I sure hope no one else is involved...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Turned a couple more laps at Tiger with the rental Yeti. Dryer conditions allowed for some more technical trails. I am fucking tired.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fixed up my 60 year old lesbian neighbors bikes so they can pedal the Fremont naked solstice bike ride. I ain't gonna be anywhere near Fremont on the solstice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. Thanks to all for putting up with my glacially-climbing ass. 'twas fun. I should have put on sunscreen after all :D
Let's at least be honest about context: the demo bike has what looked like a 34 up front. Even @Adventurous would have struggled with that. Why anybody in their right mind would put a 34 on a front range demo is beyond me. After today, I'm debating putting on a 28.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Took my saw "just in case" for a short trail ride this evening after temps dropped a bit. And a short ride it was. Encountered a couple trees that had to be cut near the trailhead. First one was no big deal, but the second was a 10", super dense, coniferous tree of some sort that had finally dropped down to chest level.

I had a Hell of a time getting it on the ground as it kept pinching the blade. Had to make multiple wedge cuts to get all the way through it. Cut the remaining branches and all supports and it was still 8" off the ground.

Since riders here seem to run front wheels that cannot be lifted off the ground, they build shitty little ramps from deadfall, twigs and yes even leaves. So I went ahead and started one with green logs and used the wedges from the first cut to keep them in place. It's not a low angle, so you still have to hop onto it. Just hope no one piles rotten twigs on it to make it easy.

Probably spent 2.5 hours on this section alone and ran through a liter of water. My arms feel like noodles. Who needs a gym membership ?

TLDnR; I stupidly put the saw in my pack and wound up working instead of riding.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You guys do realize they make systems with *multiple* chainrings and even this convenient little doohickey that moves the chain between said rings? I can't remember what the doohickey is called, but it's bloody BRILLIANT, I tell ya. It'll be the next big thing for mt bikes for sure.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You guys do realize they make systems with *multiple* chainrings and even this convenient little doohickey that moves the chain between said rings? I can't remember what the doohickey is called, but it's bloody BRILLIANT, I tell ya. It'll be the next big thing for mt bikes for sure.
I'd be happy with 28 x 42 x 27.5" probably. Who needs to pedal while going fast, anyway? :D