Quantcast

☆☆☆Turdsdaygmt》》》

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Had a 1on1 with my manager today, and she let me know she put me up for a promotion. Giggity. Still has to get through finance/hr/corporate overlords, but that's pretty neat- you can tell by how neat it is.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Had a 1on1 with my manager today, and she let me know she put me up for a promotion. Giggity. Still has to get through finance/hr/corporate overlords, but that's pretty neat- you can tell by how neat it is.
But does it involve more management BS or are you still in the lab with yer mixing bowl and pretending to do stuff?

I was on the phone when the first storm of the day blew through, so no shower for me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
But does it involve more management BS or are you still in the lab with yer mixing bowl and pretending to do stuff?

I was on the phone when the first storm of the day blew through, so no shower for me.
still putting the lime in the coconut and mixing it all up, just with an added number next to my name

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here is the mystery of the day here at work.

Cleaning out this makeshift networking closet and what do we have here? A cable coming out of the ceiling, going down through the tiled floor. With a splice in the middle it looks like.

I've seen lots of mystery cables going into the void of the ceiling, but have never before seen one go into the floor like that. Someone had to stop, think, grab a drill and do some significant work for this one.

wtf :confused:

1686859194998.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here is the mystery of the day here at work.

Cleaning out this makeshift networking closet and what do we have here? A cable coming out of the ceiling, going down through the tiled floor. With a splice in the middle it looks like.

I've seen lots of mystery cables going into the void of the ceiling, but have never before seen one go into the floor like that. Someone had to stop, think, grab a drill and do some significant work for this one.

wtf :confused:

View attachment 195322
"Fuck it, Frank - just drill a fuckin' hole and we'll pull the cable up here and splice it to the one through the ceiling..."

:D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
ugh....day spent in interviews. 3 that I could live with but none that I am really excited to work with. Tomorrow is my last full day of school with MS students (thank the lord) and starts our awards ceremonies. 1 more week....I think I can...I think I can...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode Green Mountain with wife. Rooney Valley Trail too steep for her liking so we did the trail going around the base. Hucked the gnar at the base of box o’ rox when we passed there

IMG_9234.jpeg
IMG_9240.jpeg

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ha, the wife was bitching the other night about her pay.other companies are paying $5 more and that's why they have such high turnover. She's been there 4 years now and really likes her job, but the pay sucks. She had her review today and her boss gave her $5 and hour raise. She was getting all worked up because if she moved up, she would be back in the office. Now she has one less thing to bitch about. :rofl:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Definitely getting a discreet light bar for the front of the truck. Tonight was a three separate moose drive between the Wilson Bridge and Teton Village. Those fuckers aren't just dark, their eyes don’t reflect light, and I truly believe they absorb light as a defense mechanism.
Almost a close call with one moseying across the road, as they do.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Ahhh…poison oak is in full bloom. Been trying to be careful, but I managed to get it all over both ankles. Must’ve worn my working-in-the-woods-pants without socks at some point. The relief / euphoria of a scalding hot shower is…um….remarkable.

:coolstarrybra:

Definitely getting a discreet light bar for the front of the truck. Tonight was a three separate moose drive between the Wilson Bridge and Teton Village. Those fuckers aren't just dark, their eyes don’t reflect light, and I truly believe they absorb light as a defense mechanism.
Almost a close call with one moseying across the road, as they do.
I almost took one out decades ago. They're wicked hard to spot at night.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It’s like you know me. If you could throw some overpriced everything in there it’d be perfection.
So got you covered. Went to the “store” and paid $12 for an RC cola, oatmeal pie, pack of starbursts and a payday. A Chicken sammich was $20 with tip. Good, but not that good.

Every time I go out I feel like I need a shower.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Was talking with a friend about passing day hikers who all smell like soap. We must smell revolting. I forgot to wash my hiking shorts at the first resupply stop and was working on six days of ball sweat and tuna juice.:bad:
I'd got 10 days and a 1000 miles in my Tour Divide attempt when I had to pull the plug with achilles issues in Jackson WY. Same pair of bibs, jersey and socks as I hadn't made it to my resupplies which were at Steamboat Springs :D