Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There are currently ~20 bottles of wine in the house. 5 are very nice bottles that I bought close to 10 years ago and have been working through them slowly. Most of the rest are mostly Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (which is Wifey's favorite) that I bought as two cases for $1 per bottle off normal price. Our turnover is relatively slow, so often it's buying when things are on sale.

Our last large bottle purchase was a Laithwaite promotion through Southwest that got us 18 decent bottles of wine for $100 and an additional 1000 miles. It cost less to do that than buy miles. Kind of a dummy not to do that. Our normal purchase is 1-2 boxes of Black Box per month, as Wifey likes it for her daily glass.

Factoring in those nice bottles, we probably have no more than $400 worth of wine in the house, $250 of which are my nice bottles. And again, those were acquired along time ago when I had no liabilities or Wifey (at any stage of the process).
you are hella white for knowing all this off the top of your head. i'm guessing this isn't the first time this information has come in handy this week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you are hella white for knowing all this off the top of your head. i'm guessing this isn't the first time this information has come in handy this week.
Not really. How much did you spend on your last few cases of micro brew? What kinds are they? How many cans do you have left in the fridge? It's stuff that we go through often enough and I know what I pay for it (Mint and because memory), so it should be no surprise that I know these things. The nice bottles are set aside from the cheap bottles and because I just moved them from the now broken fridge to the smaller fridge, I know how many there are.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not really. How much did you spend on your last few cases of micro brew? What kinds are they? How many cans do you have left in the fridge? It's stuff that we go through often enough and I know what I pay for it (Mint and because memory), so it should be no surprise that I know these things. The nice bottles are set aside from the cheap bottles and because I just moved them from the now broken fridge to the smaller fridge, I know how many there are.
i just drink less expensive local stuff these days. under $40/case. no idea how much i have, but enough that i don't have to get more for a couple days.

Also, when reading your post i pictured you as the monopoly man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i just drink less expensive local stuff these days. under $40/case. no idea how much i have, but enough that i don't have to get more for a couple days.

Also, when reading your post i pictured you as the monopoly man.
Monopoly man? You do realize he drives a SECOND HAND BMW. So gauche.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Monopoly man? You do realize he drives a SECOND HAND BMW. So gauche.
Third hand. Even our newest car is a second hand Forester and if we get the Audi the same. Buying new is not always the best option.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:wave:

Shared a couple dozen incredible oysters last night, and had some salmon and wine. I was done.
Working, it's not snowing (at the moment) and hope to ride tomorrow and a bunch over the weekend.

How are conditions still? I think I'm going to grab a day ticket, or do some hiking with a friend on Berthoud Pass.
They were very nice on Tuesday, less so on wednesday.
The wall & Palli were open on tuesday. It was my first time there so my exploring was sporadic. The bowls on the back side were very nice.