Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I hate to break it to you - but you DON'T have time.

Hire that shit out. Have the work done while wifey is away. You'll get bonus points. And more time to ride. Trust me - soon you won't have any time to do that shit OR ride your bike. :D
Yeah, I have to agree, use your money to buy time when you're young enough to make good use of it.

Also avoid hoochie water heaters, mine only cost $650 installed... I'm guessing it heats water as luxuriously as yours. :)

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
A lot of it is going to be. If I wasn't working, I'd be doing all of it.

Fix leaking sink (new)
Fix wine fridge that has stopped working
Install french drain in backyard
Re-sand the patio
Paint outside of house
Put in concrete around side yard for trashcans

Remodel Haley's bathroom
Remodel our bathroom
Find out how to get rid of the pigeons living under the solar panels
Replace the carpet upstairs

Things in red I would hire out. The bathrooms I would be having somebody do some of the work, but a lot I would be doing.
if your going to be the stay at home parent that list can be complete before august and ride a couple hours every day...sooner or later everything will be complete there will be only one thing on list to do is ride

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if your going to be the stay at home parent that list can be complete before august and ride a couple hours every day...sooner or later everything will be complete there will be only one thing on list to do is ride
Mrs stoney sounds like the type that can add tasks faster than they can be completed

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New neighbor is single. Wish I wasn't baked out of my trees when I met her. I am sure I was impressive. She smells nice. Cooks on her back porch.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
New treehouse/deck needs supplies. Sure is high up. so high that if you try to climb down high or drunk goodluck. Rope swing to gain access or get down, it is 15' and sketchy as fuck. Hide in plain sight my friends. So far so good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did 12km with the group tonight. I should have bailed.

Why?

1. I almost puked twice, after some fast "downhill" sections. Which was odd, climbing I felt fine.
  2. A big branch ended up going into my front wheel, which then shot up and out front of me.......and then plowed right inbetween my eyes, knocking my glasses off and leaving a mark. Scared the hell out of me...
  3. When we got back to the parking lot, I passed on the BBQ and beers and came straight home.
Being sick sucks, I don't know how you dudes do it all the time with the kids. Once a year is good with me...

Bong shed time and then bed.

I need to decide on a colour to paint my Turner...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Did 12km with the group tonight. I should have bailed.

Why?

1. I almost puked twice, after some fast "downhill" sections. Which was odd, climbing I felt fine.
  2. A big branch ended up going into my front wheel, which then shot up and out front of me.......and then plowed right inbetween my eyes, knocking my glasses off and leaving a mark. Scared the hell out of me...
  3. When we got back to the parking lot, I passed on the BBQ and beers and came straight home.
Being sick sucks, I don't know how you dudes do it all the time with the kids. Once a year is good with me...

Bong shed time and then bed.

I need to decide on a colour to paint my Turner...
RAW
Yet another pro-tip from a veteran. Bald-faced lies.
I THOUGHT SELLING POINTS MEANT WE WERE SELLING THEM?!?!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My new Silky Bigboy showed up today. The 14" blade is freakin sharp and flies through green wood. Got a couple of 8-12" dia. trees to deal with at the Thuper Awethum trail. Won't be a good day to be a tree in my way tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm sure nobody here gives a shit but it was cool as hell to see Ben King win a stage and yellow in the TOC yesterday. Raced with the kid when he was 16. He would give adult pros in their prime a hard time when he was a teen. For all the folks who would like to play the "road weenie" card, I can assure you the kid has more technical chops on a MTB than 99% of the folks who post here.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Being the only manager on duty when this shit happens it sucks the big one. tons of reports and phone calls to the involved, got home 3 hours later than planed... oh yeah then there were the conference calls about it with HR, CEO and OPs Manger. so much win:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: hit and run to boot.. luckily no injuries to the car occupants.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, I have to agree, use your money to buy time when you're young enough to make good use of it.

Also avoid hoochie water heaters, mine only cost $650 installed... I'm guessing it heats water as luxuriously as yours. :)
About what I paid. Unless you're getting instant heat, it's a fucking water heater. Just about how much hot water you want.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Being the only manager on duty when this shit happens it sucks the big one. tons of reports and phone calls to the involved, got home 3 hours later than planed... oh yeah then there were the conference calls about it with HR, CEO and OPs Manger. so much win:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: hit and run to boot.. luckily no injuries to the car occupants.

Paratransit operates Nissan Altimas? Or your driver hit this and then ran?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Paratransit operates Nissan Altimas? Or your driver hit this and then ran?
thats one of our vehicles from the health insurance tranport side of the company.

Some actuarials at the big HMO's figured out that it was cheaper to pay to transport certain clients to preventative medical appointments than to pay for ambulance rides, ERs and hospital stays after the fact

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
About what I paid. Unless you're getting instant heat, it's a fucking water heater. Just about how much hot water you want.
If this is an electric water heater, two fucking pipes and a wire. The only hard part physically moving the old one out and the new one in.

Gas units are an order of magnitude more difficult, with the option of blowing your house up or killing your family with carbon monoxide if you fuck it up.

Word of warning, no matter which unit you have, the old one will need to be drained. Water heaters come with a sacrificial anode, this no doubt has been fully sacrificed. this causes sediment in the form of magnesium oxides and other shit to settle to the bottom of the tank, and can clog the drain spout causing a certain amount of hilarity in getting the water out. You will not be able to move a water heater full of water. When I replaced my last water heater I had to drill a hole in the side of the thing. I luckily had a nearby floor drain to take up the water. I made a levy of silicone around the unit to make sure the water made it to the drain and not everywhere else.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Only 30 bottles. Peasant.
Doubt it fills itself, though.
There are currently ~20 bottles of wine in the house. 5 are very nice bottles that I bought close to 10 years ago and have been working through them slowly. Most of the rest are mostly Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (which is Wifey's favorite) that I bought as two cases for $1 per bottle off normal price. Our turnover is relatively slow, so often it's buying when things are on sale.

Our last large bottle purchase was a Laithwaite promotion through Southwest that got us 18 decent bottles of wine for $100 and an additional 1000 miles. It cost less to do that than buy miles. Kind of a dummy not to do that. Our normal purchase is 1-2 boxes of Black Box per month, as Wifey likes it for her daily glass.

Factoring in those nice bottles, we probably have no more than $400 worth of wine in the house, $250 of which are my nice bottles. And again, those were acquired along time ago when I had no liabilities or Wifey (at any stage of the process).

@stoney has taken #firstworldproblems to a new level...
#1%erproblems is the new #firstworldproblems.
Not top 1%,which is ~$440,000. That's a level of baller status we have not gotten anywhere near. We're still a few steps behind that.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If this is an electric water heater, two fucking pipes and a wire. The only hard part physically moving the old one out and the new one in.

Gas units are an order of magnitude more difficult, with the option of blowing your house up or killing your family with carbon monoxide if you fuck it up.

Word of warning, no matter which unit you have, the old one will need to be drained. Water heaters come with a sacrificial anode, this no doubt has been fully sacrificed. this causes sediment in the form of magnesium oxides and other shit to settle to the bottom of the tank, and can clog the drain spout causing a certain amount of hilarity in getting the water out. You will not be able to move a water heater full of water. When I replaced my last water heater I had to drill a hole in the side of the thing. I luckily had a nearby floor drain to take up the water. I made a levy of silicone around the unit to make sure the water made it to the drain and not everywhere else.
Gas and done in January. Was surprisingly not that difficult, just super careful with the gas line.