Quantcast

☆☆ Tuesday GMT ☆☆

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Up too early. Had a beer with some pizza last night. The alcohol insomnia experiment continues.

Coffee and working on a proposal.
Sold a fork so I need to box and ship that today too.

What the hell are you doing??

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I too anecdotally experimented with alcohol/sleep last night. Little sake with sushi resulted in up just after 2, I finally gave up and crawled out of bed around 3:45. Gonna be a long day. It is friday however, so I've got that going on for me. Attempting a visit with another shrink tomorrow as well.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hi yay! spent weekend riding bikes on various paved paths with kid #1 while kid #2 had a 103 degree fever...now one solid month of sickness circulating in our humble home.

Also found out that fancy BOX carbon fiber fork on kids new/used BMX is on recall and have to work through a shop to get a new one...double yay! Steerer separates from CF fork.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
(Not such a) good morning, Hickory, NC.

<firstworldwhiteguyproblems>Nothing like a stack of angry emails from HQ in Germany to start the day of right.</firstworldwhiteguyproblems>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Picked up the bike from the shop last night and man is it sparkly. Their bike washer must be some sort of magician. Pleased to see they were attentive to the orientation of the "Chris King" marking on the headset cups, I forgot to mention anything and was terrified it would be off center and would eat at me for the rest of time.

On the plus side I guess that means I have now been on King headsets for the past 15 or so years. Crazy.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Ate some pulled pork tacos last night for dinner. The pulled pork came out a little on the tangy side. Is Pork Tang a real thing? I think I put in a little too much mustard in the mix. Is Pork Tang nothing to fuck with?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Watched Range 15 last night. Super stupid but awesome at the same time.

Attempting a ride today with the boy, will see how far I can make it before I die. Then work on building my work bench, wait for UPS to show then build a rifle. Good times

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

Picked up the bike from the shop last night and man is it sparkly. Their bike washer must be some sort of magician. Pleased to see they were attentive to the orientation of the "Chris King" marking on the headset cups, I forgot to mention anything and was terrified it would be off center and would eat at me for the rest of time.

On the plus side I guess that means I have now been on King headsets for the past 15 or so years. Crazy.
1st King headset I ever got, I got for nothing. BITD I took my GT hardtail into the shop for a new CC headset. My buddy the wrench (Bob) installed it just ever so slightly off, which we didn't want to let slide since he considered it a reflection on his attention to detail. It was probably my fault for talking to him while he worked. Anyway, when he went to remove it and align the logos he broke the lower cup. Since he didn't have another in stock, he installed a CK for the same price. /coolstorybro

Then work on building my work bench, wait for UPS to show then build a rifle
what are you building, Mike?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
what are you building, Mike?
This time will be a scout rifle on an 8x57 Mauser action and barrel, using an ATI stock that is based on the Steyr scout rifle.

Should be a fun setup, it'll be ugly as hell
Gotta see how everything fits today, ordered a different bolt body to go with it, so I may just end up pulling the barrel, redoing the chamber and a full bolt face and fitments job as well, just have to see which one is in better shape

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
debating soundgarden tickets...in 10 days it would charlotte to alabama to charlotte to asheville to charlotte to atlanta x 2.....

fuck it...got a ticket.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
We watched my wife's cousin's kid last night since my wife's cousin is crazy sick with the flu. Nothing like taking care of a 1 year old who woke up several times to eat in the middle of the night to remind me how much taking care of a baby sucked the first time around.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up too early. Had a beer with some pizza last night. The alcohol insomnia experiment continues.

Coffee and working on a proposal.
Sold a fork so I need to box and ship that today too.

What the hell are you doing??
I have a box for the Pike if you want to drive down and get it. I'd just ask for one later if you come across one.

Here. That's the best I've got.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sparkly King bits are great. I like em all every which way, mainly because it drives my lbs friends batty. Same with tire logos lining up with rim logos/valve stems. Anything but lined up for me.

In other news, I caught kiddo feeding business cards into the cd player in my pickup. Now it periodically tries to load cds for no reason. Ugh...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Meetings, meetings, and moar meetings. Been getting up at 4:45, but I think I have a workable routine now. Let pooch out, get her food ready, feed when she comes in. Shower while she eats, then walkies, and I was still at the bus stop by 5:50. She also went back into the kennel so the wife could sleep in. Cat met me at the front door to go out, that was a first since the pooch moved in.

In other news, kid might move back home for a little while until he can get his UPS drivers courses done and save a few bucks so he come move once he's a driver. He was supposed to be a driver last summer, but after getting hit and it turned out he didn't have insurance he got his license suspended for a year. Funny how UPS won't let you drive their trucks when your license is suspended. :rofl:

So with the new pooch, kid, and grandkid (at times), the house will be a lot fuller this year, at least until the end of summer. I have about 3 weeks to get the house and yard in order.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
In other news, kid might move back home for a little while until he can get his UPS drivers courses done and save a few bucks so he come move once he's a driver
1: I drove seasonally for UPS as a younger man. Worst job ever, and never have I worked with a more unhappy group of people.
2: UPS is as crooked a company as you'll find. They had so many state gov and hwy dept people in their pocket it was shocking.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
1: I drove seasonally for UPS as a younger man. Worst job ever, and never have I worked with a more unhappy group of people.
2: UPS is as crooked a company as you'll find. They had so many state gov and hwy dept people in their pocket it was shocking.
my younger brother loaded trucks at the place on 470.....hell on earth.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
RIDE short east coast tour this summer.....DC road trip in order.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He's been at UPS almost 2 years now, but works night shift "part time" in the Portland hub (one of the largest hubs on the west coast). As a driver he stands to make more than double what he pulls now and will have a slightly more normal work schedule working during the day.

As far as corrupt corporations, I have worked for a bank, so he couldn't do much worse than that. :rofl:

<edit> @Uncle Cliffy seems to enjoy it.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And at least he may have some future at UPS. He was an amazing chef, but that doesn't pay for sh!t. Plus he gained a bunch of wait AND was still working nights. He is still cooking part time to supplement his income on the weekends, but he won't have to once he is a driver.

I really enjoy his cooking and we had at one point thought about buying a food cart for him to run, but unless you are a roving truck with dedicated customers, it is not only tough to get into but really tough to make money doing. He also wants to stop cooking. :rofl: