Quantcast

☆☆ Tuesday GMT ☆☆

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
good morning. been a rough day. my wife and I have been seeing a psychologist for the past few weeks to figure out how to deal with our difficult child... last time she (the psychologist) had us fill in a kind of test, and had his teacher fill in the same test. today she told us she strongly suspects he has ADHD, and that we should have him properly evaluated.

it was a pretty big kick in the groin.

looking back, it totally makes sense, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be that.

now to figure out how to move on from this. I hope we can deal with it without drugs. because it makes me sad to think my son needs drugs to fit in and function properly in our society.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
good morning. been a rough day. my wife and I have been seeing a psychologist for the past few weeks to figure out how to deal with our difficult child... last time she (the psychologist) had us fill in a kind of test, and had his teacher fill in the same test. today she told us she strongly suspects he has ADHD, and that we should have him properly evaluated.

looking back, it totally makes sense, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be that.

now to figure out how to move on from this. I hope we can deal with it without drugs. because it makes me sad to think my son needs drugs to fit in and function properly in our society.
well, at least its not AIDS

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
heh. Amazon has been semi-fucked since a little before 1:00 PM eastern today. It has affected their web services and their retail site is currently unable to display my order history.
I had an Amazon package delivered yesterday that contained a sweatshirt with an alien on it. I ordered 18 awg wire. I'm not sure if it was just an umprompted gift on their part?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well interview yesterday went well so they have invited me to Denmark for meeting in person. Got them to pay for the flight too. Gotta prepare some more so I can kill it on Monday.

I will miss living in the States. When we have to move it will be very emotional but it's just the right decision me and the family. Trying to the citizenship application through so we have an easy way to return.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Well interview yesterday went well so they have invited me to Denmark for meeting in person. Got them to pay for the flight too. Gotta prepare some more so I can kill it on Monday.

I will miss living in the States. When we have to move it will be very emotional but it's just the right decision me and the family. Trying to the citizenship application through so we have an easy way to return.
Congrats and best of luck! Are you sure about this citizenship thingy? You'll have to be sending tax returns and report all your financial accounts, stock positions and pension funds for the rest of your life.

I rode today. Trails were mint, weather just perfect for February, too bad the "March mud bad" starts tomorrow - when there's no mud. I don't feel bad about violating stupid regulations...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

As someone with experience, knowing is better than not knowing. Addressing it now, should the evaluation confirm suspicion, will help him adapt early in life and possibly prevent even worse kicks in the groin as he gets older. A.D.D. isn't always outgrown so best to tackle it sooner than later. :)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Burgers pressed, seasoned and resting. Work bench started and taking shape. Rifle parts showed up early, stock is done and inletted, the bolt body I ordered has a crack so will be using the original, just will need more work.....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Congrats and best of luck! Are you sure about this citizenship thingy? You'll have to be sending tax returns and report all your financial accounts, stock positions and pension funds for the rest of your life.
The plan was for only the wife to get it initially. You can really just ignore the tax returns as far as I know and then only submit some few years if you return.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you are in Denmark as a normal tax p
:monkeydance:

If you are brave. You can't do that with the fbars, though.
I talked to somebody who returned recently and they were made to file taxes for the last two years that was all. Plus if you live in Denmark you will pay way more tax than in the US really a waste of time to file for any party.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
the hotel our group is staying in in ny is a level or two above my pay grade/fancyness tolerance. ugh. since i came in a day ahead of our patrons i went out and bought a sixer of lagunitas ipa and had some beers in my room, watched basketball, and did some work instead of hanging at the bar downstairs

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
the hotel our group is staying in in ny is a level or two above my pay grade/fancyness tolerance. ugh. since i came in a day ahead of our patrons i went out and bought a sixer of lagunitas ipa and had some beers in my room, watched basketball, and did some work instead of hanging at the bar downstairs
I'm down with anything above my pay grade as long as I am not paying. :)