Quantcast

☠️☠️☠️ Existential Weariness Thursday ☠️☠️☠️

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just ordered a two-stage epoxy paint kit for my shed floor. Have been meaning to do this for years, but my shop/shed has NEVER been this organized and easy to move stuff around. Any of you have this stuff on your garage floors?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Hey, how are things in Lima?
I have a few friends with restaurants that are bummin’, I would imagine the lack of tourism has hit the economy fairly hard. Are there unemployment programs going on there like other places?
just curious, hope you are well.
Am somewhat fine at day 38 of lockdown, and the overall health situation is somewhat under control.

The economy? GDP is --85-90% vs april 19 is the best estimate yet.
42% of people are unemployed or have no income at this point. Its going to be a rough year.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just ordered a two-stage epoxy paint kit for my shed floor. Have been meaning to do this for years, but my shop/shed has NEVER been this organized and easy to move stuff around. Any of you have this stuff on your garage floors?
Do a condensation test, it will likely fail if you don’t mechanically grind, do it right first time as remediation is a bitch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I just told Wifey if my oil trade works out to my hopes, it will be enough to buy a new to me e55 or e63 AMG wagon outright. Solves the family, AWD, utility car problem while being fun. Her response? "I knew you would do this!"

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
So I just told Wifey if my oil trade works out to my hopes, it will be enough to buy a new to me e55 or e63 AMG wagon outright. Solves the family, AWD, utility car problem while being fun. Her response? "I knew you would do this!"
So did we.
Remember when the M5 was your 'forever car'?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I may have cracked the tooth under a crown. it's been hurting like heck for the past couple of days. Could be from excessive teeth clenching at night. it's also the mirror of the tooth on the opposite side that has been pulled and is waiting for an implant at the moment. if I have to have that cocksucker pulled too, that would be three fucking implants in two years. ugh.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I think I may have cracked the tooth under a crown. it's been hurting like heck for the past couple of days. Could be from excessive teeth clenching at night. it's also the mirror of the tooth on the opposite side that has been pulled and is waiting for an implant at the moment. if I have to have that cocksucker pulled too, that would be three fucking implants in two years. ugh.
Ugh implants take like 20 appointments. Oh and 5 grand.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wait you're trading oil now?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
you can sleep when you're dead. UP AND AT 'EM!

(did you accept the jorb and when do you start?)
Okay, full story/disclosure on the job offer: I did two rounds of interviews with a company for a contract job, which would be through a recruitment agency. The recruiter called yesterday to inform me that the company wants to extend an offer to me, but is on a temporary hiring freeze due to COVID-19, and asked if a delayed start date of "next month" would be okay i.e. am I flexible on what date I can start. I told them yes, as it does actually work out for me as I have a couple of freelance jobs I'm committed to that I would like to finish up before starting a full time gig. So, the recruiter is checking in with the company to see what sort of a start date they anticipate, and will get back to me. They just needed to confirm that I am flex on that aspect. So... I'll know more hopefully yet this week. The job seems really great, actually. I'd be initially working on a complete redesign of a dealer portal for a large HVAC equipment manufacturer, but the work I do could eventually extend to halping design the interfaces for the actual physical products as well as supporting digital/software products.

More importantly, can you get a four day weekend to ride in the High Country in early September?
Probably! The gig would be contract, and as I understand it I can pretty much take any damn day off I want as a contractor and the company I'm working for can't really say boo about it. That said, if I'm in the middle of a bunch of work, who knows.

Well, isn't SOMEONE Mr. Optimistic? :D
inorite?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The job seems really great, actually. I'd be initially working on a complete redesign of a dealer portal for a large HVAC equipment manufacturer, but the work I do could eventually extend to halping design the interfaces for the actual physical products as well as supporting digital/software products.
A jerb is a jerb... but I didn't realize HVAC dealer portals and user interfaces were so exciting graphically.

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A jerb is a jerb... but I didn't realize HVAC dealer portals and user interfaces were so exciting graphically.

:D
While I'll still be doing plenty of graphic-oriented work (UI design) I'm really moving in the direction of UX Design, which is WAY more than just making things look pretty. It's all about how users use a thing. Figuring out workflows, mapping the user's journey through the software, that sort of thing. It's HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) work really, not just graphics. Anything eCommerce oriented is "exciting" in the way that there are lots of complex workflows to figure out. A dealer portal has added complexity of also being the central place where a dealer might not only order units but also parts for service, manage their inventory, request marketing materials, and maybe other things as well. So, in my world, anything with a high level of complexity and/or enterprise in scale is awesome, because I'll learn tons.

And as for the user interface of air conditioners, I just think it'd be cool to help design the actual physical interface of something. It could open up doors to designing other physical products... from fancy home security panels to vehicle dashboard screens to whatever.