Quantcast

♟♟♟Tues G'Morn♟♟♟

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I loled http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/gear/article/bend-in-the-road-dont-be-a-creep-46635/

There are far too many riders out there who engage in a simple but creepy behavior, and this must be stopped. I’m talking about silent wheelsucking. I’m talking about those who latch onto the wheel of a random stranger and get pulled along for the ride without uttering a word.
I really need to order a climbing harness. @rockofullr any suggestions? Something for mostly gym but I do want to start climbing outdoors.​
Climbing harnesses are at the point where, as long as you get one from a reputable company designed for sport/gym climbing you'll be pretty happy. I recently picked up the Petzel Corax (mostly because it was on sale) and I'm happy with it. Not super light, not super heavy, comfortable but not bulky. I'd also recommend the Black Diamond Flight or Momentum. The flight is lighter and smaller and the Momentum is more comfortable. Expect to pay around $60 (MSRP).

Make sure it will fit your now fat ass. Probably worth going into REI to try it on first.
Yup. Sizing is weird sometimes. I ended up getting a size 1 which is a S/M. I would have guessed I needed a size 2, M/L. The size 2 would have worked but I had to cinch it down until there was an annoying amount of extra webbing hanging everywhere.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Climbing harnesses are at the point where, as long as you get one from a reputable company designed for sport/gym climbing you'll be pretty happy. I recently picked up the Petzel Corax (mostly because it was on sale) and I'm happy with it. Not super light, not super heavy, comfortable but not bulky. I'd also recommend the Black Diamond Flight or Momentum. The flight is lighter and smaller and the Momentum is more comfortable. Expect to pay around $60 (MSRP).
that's about what i figured. thanks.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Does rope thickness change every two seasons?
They have thinner ropes every year but most people use between 10mm and 9.5mm

Any experience with mammut harnesses? They look well designed and have good reviews, my concern is weird euro sizing.
I've never used their gear but my friend got the Ophir from REI so you should be able to try them on in the store. I'd call ahead though, not all the stores keep the climbing department well stocked. They also have sizing info online.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just finished telling my friend that the next time they get a blocked/unknown number call that they should answer, whisper "it is done, but there's blood everywhere," then hang up. Then, on cue, my phone rings with an unknown number. I almost did it but I was busy with something else and sent it to voicemail. A few minutes later, I get an email from a headhunter saying "as a follow up to the voicemail I just left you... CFO position you'd possibly find interesting... Got your number from (insert friend & former coworker name here)." Not sure if I regret missing this opportunity or not.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just finished telling my friend that the next time they get a blocked/unknown number call that they should answer, whisper "it is done, but there's blood everywhere," then hang up. Then, on cue, my phone rings with an unknown number. I almost did it but I was busy with something else and sent it to voicemail. A few minutes later, I get an email from a headhunter saying "as a follow up to the voicemail I just left you... CFO position you'd possibly find interesting... Got your number from (insert friend & former coworker name here)." Not sure if I regret missing this opportunity or not.
God damn it, must spread rep.

Remember to leave an upper decker on the way out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. More Hawaii, and today I'm actually at the conference instead of playing hooky.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
pawn wingdings for big primary tuesday? PAWNS, NOOBS!

candidate for a job onsite all day- seemed like a cool guy. other candidate comes next week.

fuckit friday planning already in the works.

I painted with beer last night! You heat up stout and Porter. I also drank some not heated up.
waste of beer! paint with paints! drink ALL the beers! :panic:

In the late 1970s I commuted on a Raleigh three speed. I was doing a minimum of thirty miles a day and knew nothing about bike culture or etiquette. I chased anything that moved. I loved finding road riders on expensive rigs clad in boi racer clothes. I'd get up close on their rear for a while, and then pass them. They'd get insulted and pass me. We would repeat for a few cycles and then I would pass for the last time and drop them, preferably on a hill. This gave me deep and perverse pleasure.

I have never managed to get back to the level of fitness I had then - I think I was riding anaerobic for about 60% of every commute.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So I've been trying to eat healthy and lose weight again. I'm now 3 weeks straight with gaining weight. Eating less calories and working out, but gaining weight. I'm assuming it has to do with the build up of muscle, hopefully.
you can always go the penn gillette route....restrict yourself to 1000 caloreis a day.....all veggies...and exercise....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Holy shit am I glad I read this. I assumed I had just about $0 for a dividend as I can't recall a single purchase of note through all of last year. Checked online just for shits and sure enough there's a balance of $82.50.

Guess I'm going to REI this weekend.
Me too, now how will I spend that $0.90 dividend ? I'm all giddy with the possibilities.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had the Thuper Awethome trail all to my self this afternoon. Took shock number three on a set up ride. Felt ok, then I noticed the climb switch was partially engaged when I got back the car. So, flipped it all the way off and rode a little more and could definitely tell a difference. I heard a chirping sound though, and I really hope it was not the shock, but something else. A few more rides should flush out any evil spirits.