Quantcast

♢◇♢Tuesday GMT♢◇♢

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I wasn't expecting to ride yesterday but the weather gods presented the opportunity of 55 degrees and virtually no wind, the trails were dry with only a few easily skirted mud bogs, so far as I know I was the only rider and didn't run into anyone else. I owned it, had a late dinner and slept really well although I predict a nap this afternoon.

Today it is raining again but buy Thursday it will be mostly sunny and near 80 degrees. :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

A chick stopped yesterday to tell me how good looking she found me. Gotta say that's a first. I of course played it cool and froze until she drove away. That's certainly a first.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Like Midget, I thought my chances for a ride yesterday were waning. Luckily, the set we had to strike went much faster than I imagined and was able to get my commute ride home. I didn't feel the strongest, but my time says otherwise. I did almost get hit by two cars along the way. My fault for not riding defensively. I guess I may just getting too comfortable and forgetting that while I might have the right of way, I cannot crush another limb.

Got a small weightlifting session completed in between Children-to-school shuttles, pretty ladies on my train ride and will bike home again today. First child's independent driving can't come soon enough. Then I can ride the bike too work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
so my kid recently moved up to the next level at his day care. he's just over 2, but there are some kids over 3 (who will be moving up shortly). apparently some of these older kids are being mean to him, both my wife and i have witnessed it on separate occasions. i'm ready to punt these little shits

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
so my kid recently moved up to the next level at his day care. he's just over 2, but there are some kids over 3 (who will be moving up shortly). apparently some of these older kids are being mean to him, both my wife and i have witnessed it on separate occasions. i'm ready to punt these little shits

Heh - I've been to the park that statue is in... cool place.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well fuck... As oh now I have been up for 24 hours, had one hell of a night at work, and am friend from the first portion of our corporal testing. They decided to switch it up on me and start with the maxxed out worst case scenarios and interview later. Was not ready. It's all good, breakfast and coffee at bagel works

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Nothing like a little Mad Day riot to end your Monday. I don't get it, but ok. A protest leads to riot, almost every time here. I guess if we had a sports team that won stuff we wouldn't need to protest first, we could just burn stuff and break things.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My FTS levels are high right now. I just got bitched at for 10min because of somebody else's fuck up. Sometimes I hate being the senior (non-management) person on the team. Shit flows uphill to me and 99% of the time there is nothing I can do about it. I just get yelled at while trying to placate until we can do the necessary research to find out what happened.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My FTS levels are high right now. I just got bitched at for 10min because of somebody else's fuck up. Sometimes I hate being the senior (non-management) person on the team. Shit flows uphill to me and 99% of the time there is nothing I can do about it. I just get yelled at while trying to placate until we can do the necessary research to find out what happened.
someone not make enough money?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

it only gets worse...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you really should just beat the shit out of someone. establish your dominance, like prison.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I woke up at about 80% awakeness and am probably near 95% by now!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
someone not make enough money?
Not the issue, actually. Those are easy conversations. "Think we're not doing well enough? Okay, I've taken you from our service. You now have 100% control of your account. Anything else I can help with?"

It's amazing how people's tune changes when you tell them that they are in charge of their own investments, since we clearly don't know what we are doing. My favorite is when I do that and people flip out that they don't know what to invest in. If you don't know what you're doing, how do you know what I am doing is incorrect?

There are so many facepalm's in this job that it's just amazing.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not the issue, actually. Those are easy conversations. "Think we're not doing well enough? Okay, I've taken you from our service. You now have 100% control of your account. Anything else I can help with?"

It's amazing how people's tune changes when you tell them that they are in charge of their own investments, since we clearly don't know what we are doing. My favorite is when I do that and people flip out that they don't know what to invest in. If you don't know what you're doing, how do you know what I am doing is incorrect?

There are so many facepalm's in this job that it's just amazing.
Investment professionals that don't know what to invest in? Yikes!