Quantcast

♤♡◇♧AwAke GMT♧◇♡♤

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ah Sunday. Not sure what is in store, other than the daily blowout and coffee.

@slyfink you see this?

I drove past one of these freedom rally things yesterday. I'd guess it was about 70-100 vehicles long, going slow along a major two lane highway out in farm land.

Still don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by doing that, other than pissing off and upsetting people. Like their fellow truckers, trying to do their jobs....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
DSO woke me at 6 needing to lay eggs. Hoping that's not the highlight of my day.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Morning.
We had all of the kids over from daycare. Funny how they see each other everyday day and were still quite elated to play together. I however am not that excited when I see my coworkers and would actually be quite pissed if they showed up at my house. Maybe I can learn something from a group of 4 year olds.

Anyway. Coffee, poop, pancakes. Not necessarily in that order. (Probably a shower in there somewhere too).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Up. Will hang drywall today.

The One That Got Away thread sent me down memory lane, looking at pictures of all the bikes I've owned over the years.
Some good, some bad, some meh, but in all, riding bicycles is fun no matter the bike. :rockout:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Was up at 5 with anxious thoughts so browsed animal memes on twitter before dozing off again.

Snowing lightly up here now. Denver-bound soon.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It was supposed to be a real chilly morning, but it isn't. Gotta hit the frozen goodness before the sun kills it. 1/2" of rain tomorrow and warm temperatures in the next 10 days will likely kill the good ice riding for the rest of the season.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:wave:

Realized after I got home yesterday that the cashier at HD forgot to ring up the 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Hiding in plain sight I guess. Saved $66, woohoo!
I once bought 20 sheets of ply 5/8" with one 3/8" on top of the stack. The kid scanned the 3/8" and proceeded to count the sheets. I felt dirty and dishonest for about one millisecond.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
it felt good to sleep in until 7am. I woke up to 3 out of 4 dogs cuddled up to me. As soon as I opened my eyes they mugged me for about 10 minutes. had to go was the dog slobber off my face but that's ok. On tap: take the kayak off the camper and put my fishing gear away, yard work, change the oil, oil filter, and both gas filters on the truck

But first, savor my espresso in quiet before the SWMBO wakes up.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I once bought 20 sheets of ply 5/8" with one 3/8" on top of the stack. The kid scanned the 3/8" and proceeded to count the sheets. I felt dirty and dishonest for about one millisecond.
If I spot it in the store I usually make them aware of it. Often it comes out of a cashier's pocket if they made a mistake. I know I am stupid, but I feel bad for them.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If I spot it in the store I usually make them aware of it. Often it comes out of a cashier's pocket if they made a mistake. I know I am stupid, but I feel bad for them.
How would they ever find out? Other than when they do inventory, find some is missing and write it off.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ah Sunday. Not sure what is in store, other than the daily blowout and coffee.

@slyfink you see this?

I drove past one of these freedom rally things yesterday. I'd guess it was about 70-100 vehicles long, going slow along a major two lane highway out in farm land.

Still don't understand what they're trying to accomplish by doing that, other than pissing off and upsetting people. Like their fellow truckers, trying to do their jobs....
Kid tested positive yesterday so we haven't left the house. When I spoke to my councillor Friday she said it wasn't safe to go counter protest. It's getting violent out there now with people being assaulted for wearing masks, and windows getting smashed. Knowing my temper, I'd get in trouble, and with my back still not 100%, I'm not in a position to defend myself properly.

At this point, we're more pissed off at the Chief of Police and Mayor. Wtf are we paying them for?

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
:wave:

Realized after I got home yesterday that the cashier at HD forgot to ring up the 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Hiding in plain sight I guess. Saved $66, woohoo!
I once bought 24 4x6 landscape timbers....kid scanned one and forgot to do the x24 multiplier.

Glad most kids don't have any concept of what things cost.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Would probably make aware any store that is locally owned. HD and Lowes can suck my ballz.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I never keep stuff I didn't pay for. :homer:

Rode. Did over 13 miles on tech singletrack / lakes / everywhere else because crust. Once-in-a-decade riding conditions here, too bad it lasted just one day. One of the reasons fat bikes make little sense in the Boston area.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You sure about that? Even in a backwater, third world country like the United States, that's illegal.
Here it is illegal as well, but they do it anyway. Buddy had a student job at a gas station and told me about that. Either you obeyed or have to find another job. Not sure how they find out though.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Soon….
0413C317-1ADA-43EB-B79B-1024D0BD870D.jpeg

Would probably make aware any store that is locally owned. HD and Lowes can suck my ballz.
The amount of free shit I get from HD when employees “help” is astonishing. When I’m left to my own devices at the self check out I make sure I pay for it all, but if they force their way in and don’t listen when I tell them they missed the shop vac or only scanned 1 of 50 2x4s I file under “not my problem”.

Not a real issue at the mom and pop places, they tend to have a higher caliber of employee

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Kid tested positive yesterday so we haven't left the house. When I spoke to my councillor Friday she said it wasn't safe to go counter protest. It's getting violent out there now with people being assaulted for wearing masks, and windows getting smashed. Knowing my temper, I'd get in trouble, and with my back still not 100%, I'm not in a position to defend myself properly.

At this point, we're more pissed off at the Chief of Police and Mayor. Wtf are we paying them for?
Crap that sucks about the kid. Hopefully yall don't get it and it's clears up quick!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here it is illegal as well, but they do it anyway. Buddy had a student job at a gas station and told me about that. Either you obeyed or have to find another job. Not sure how they find out though.
What's going on over there? Sounds like a good recipe for getting sued or fined for getting terminated without cause or whatever it's called.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I never keep stuff I didn't pay for. :homer:

Rode. Did over 13 miles on tech singletrack / lakes / everywhere else because crust. Once-in-a-decade riding conditions here, too bad it lasted just one day. One of the reasons fat bikes make little sense in the Boston area.
Ahh the mythical crust where the entire woods is like a concrete bowl to ride anywhere with great grip.